Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He's worth a late first or an early second if you can really squeeze Gold Coast about their cap. He's talented but it's sounding like they need him off the books to facilitate other acquisitions + cap space for players like Big Mac.

I'm torn on Luko as a prospect. On one hand, he has a lot of traits Sam would like - he can play multiple positions, is an elite kick, has good speed and hits the scoreboard. On the other hand, he sleeps with the lights on and has never really applied defensive pressure nor been a fantastic contested mark.

If we were interested, it might be as a tall wingman that drifts forward like Mason Wood.
I’d hope he stays and make a bigger play for Mac Andrew in a season or two

Next year id chase Noah Balta as a RFA.

We don't know when the next KD will be available, and our backline is now the oldest part of our side.

Barrass 29
Sicily 29
Frost 31
Battle 26
Scrimshaw 25

If Batte replaces Frost then getting Balta next year can replace Barrass in a few years like when we got Frawley to replace Lake, You could play Balta at CHB and Barrass at FB while they are both playing, then When Barrass retires Balta goes to FB.
With McCabe going to CHB and Sicily will still play the floating Intercepting Backman, which Scrimshaw can take over when he retires, doing this gives us a plan going forward.

Next year id chase Noah Balta as a RFA.

We don't know when the next KD will be available, and our backline is now the oldest part of our side.

Barrass 29
Sicily 29
Frost 31
Battle 26
Scrimshaw 25

If Batte replaces Frost then getting Balta next year can replace Barrass in a few years like when we got Frawley to replace Lake, You could play Balta at CHB and Barrass at FB while they are both playing, then When Barrass retires Balta goes to FB.
With McCabe going to CHB and Sicily will still play the floating Intercepting Backman, which Scrimshaw can take over when he retires, doing this gives us a plan going forward.

High quality players can play until 33-34 easily, despite higher risk of injury. With advent of free agency, forward planning should be via Draft. Trading / FA is for Now

Petracca

We are one of the clubs he’d be keen to get to

I agree that we would make a good home for Trac, and the thought of it is alluring.

But I do think that it is a futile exercise (even for a hypotheticals thread) as the Dees have been vocal in broadcasting that ‘he would not be traded under any circumstances’.

I feel the only way Trac is traded is if they received an offer too good to refuse and so lopsided in their favor. (Three first rounders including two top ten, and a proven young talent like Weddle?)

Then they can save their face and say something like, “in the end, no individual is bigger than the club and we agreed to the trade for the betterment of the Melbourne football club”.

I’d be keen to hypothesize if they were prepared to negotiate in good faith.

Dees are drawing a line in the sand over Trac similar to GC RE o'Meara. They will let everyone else walk but hold the line on Petracca on principal....he must have really pissed the wrong ppl off in that club.

I reckon he will have to go through the motions of a middling year on field and they will trade him at a lower value they can get now. It's a crap outcome for the club but like any corporate, decision will be made by Ppl who won't stick around (or care) about the future outcomes.

I feel for him. He should have come up with usual reasons for leaving rather than blaming club for their ineptitude (which O'Meara I believe did too given he cited better injury mgmt st hawks)

High quality players can play until 33-34 easily, despite higher risk of injury. With advent of free agency, forward planning should be via Draft. Trading / FA is for Now

McGovern just won his 5th AA as a 32 year old turning 33.

And he's a fatty.

Dees are drawing a line in the sand over Trac similar to GC RE o'Meara. They will let everyone else walk but hold the line on Petracca on principal....he must have really pissed the wrong ppl off in that club.

I reckon he will have to go through the motions of a middling year on field and they will trade him at a lower value they can get now. It's a crap outcome for the club but like any corporate, decision will be made by Ppl who won't stick around (or care) about the future outcomes.

I feel for him. He should have come up with usual reasons for leaving rather than blaming club for their ineptitude (which O'Meara I believe did too given he cited better injury mgmt st hawks)
to be fair...they have been the best at sweeping under the rug in the business...now Trac is forcing their issues out in the open and they are being called out on it

would annoy me if I was a compulsive denier having a light shined on it too

Bookmark this.

The Suns cap will be up the wazoo when Dimma adds Rioli 750k to his list and try and create enough space to be able to pay Mac Andrew. Jack wont be at the suns next season.

Suns can posture and threaten all they like but he will be playing at another club next season.

I reckon he will be a superb pick up in the right system and be a real asset/weapon if he agreed to pad that 2 mill out to 3 mill over 4 years type of arrangement.

A club getting him at 750k a year over 4 years will end up with a very good player.
I agree, but I am not sure he will be a very good player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Moone Boy Waiting GIF by HULU

Disgusting how the media are siding with Melbourne to push the narrative that it’s all about “brand Petracca” and he is putting himself before the club. Ox now jumping on board to push this as well. Poor guy just wants to get out of that rat infested shithole yet they are trying to paint him as the bad guy. Only at Melbourne

We have 5 senses and common is not one of them.
We have a lot more than 5 senses.

We have somewhere between 22 and 33 senses, depending on how they are defined.

pressure, pain, temperature, balance, sight (split into colour and shade - they function via a completely different mechanism), hearing, taste (there are four different taste sensors), time, olfactory, ... etc etc....
but even when including all these, common still doesn't appear to be in the list.

Disgusting how the media are siding with Melbourne to push the narrative that it’s all about “brand Petracca” and he is putting himself before the club. Ox now jumping on board to push this as well. Poor guy just wants to get out of that rat infested shithole yet they are trying to paint him as the bad guy. Only at Melbourne
Melbourne are telling anyone who will listen this whole "brand petracca" narrative and the media have bought it hook line and sinker.

Dees supporters are all jumping on him now, it's pretty sickening.

Lukosius is a want rather than a need, I think. Especially for the back ended contract that he is on, and the suns pushing for a first as well. It wouldn’t make much sense for us to be looking at him.

Next year we will have Chol, Dear, Gunston and Breust still. Have Skaife and potentially McCabe at Boxhill, who should get some games next year. The following year we will see the return of Lewis (Hopefully uninjured) to replace Breust and Gunston.

So for the price I think we should stay well clear, for the risk is greater than the reward at this stage.

Sam would like him for his flexibility and is a good kick. Would definitely let Dimma play forward.
Perryman can play on every line on the field. Yes he could let Hardwick go forward or they could flip that too and have Perryman play forward as well with Hardwick back. Kicked 11 goals from 16 games in 2020.

As Tops is saying and has for months now, it is his versatility that will be Sam's biggest point of interest. Can they sell him on how he will be used over how Port are telling him they would use him?

Riley Beveridge seems to think that he is more likely to leave than stay so now we wait

Given how much he struggles with body contact he’s probably only worth a second round without his contract.

Given his contract is as bad as it is I can’t see many teams interested in him.
Is the body contact issue likely the reason Dimma is not a fan?

Thought he was a skilful and smart player, but questioning my judgement now!

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back