Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Clubs sniffing around for Reeves
I would think he is a required player for us because if Meek goes down we are stuffed.
I have watched a bit of Ramma and Tucker and they would get slaughtered in the ruck in the seniors.
Ned of course could want out if he is sick of playing 2nd fiddle.

Clubs sniffing around for Reeves
Contracted for two more years and ruckmen tend to come at a bit of a premium. Wouldn’t get the world for him but could net us something decent if he chooses to look elsewhere.

Would have to be something worthwhile, having a second AFL quality ruckmen on the list is very valuable.

Who do you think Sam saw when he was in Perth? All I will say is we will need at least three firsts and the commitment of Harley to make it happen.
I know people disregard Instagram for trade stuff. But interestingly, Sam Mitchell’s personal account, which is restricted and he has only 600 followers, Harley Reid is one of them.

Who do you think Sam saw when he was in Perth? All I will say is we will need at least three firsts and the commitment of Harley to make it happen.
How do we make this happen?

2025 first, 2026 first, 2027 first?

Or do we anticipate getting our hands on another first rounder next year?

If this somehow happened with Barrass, Battle, Perryman and Gruzewski the AFL media would go off its head with outrage, let's do it. :D
Barrass, Battle, Perryman and Gruzewski(or some other target) + JUH as Cat B is enough investment for now IMO into list. The hard bit would be cutting 5 from the list now.

Will give up pick 30 for Max + Giants Pick 49 & then use that to match Cody Anderson bid in NGA.

DGB to be delisted and picked back as rookie.

Wingard, Stephens, Philips is most likely outs, wait to see how others fare as BH season winds up.

He saw Tom barasss

#welcomeron

No mention of Harley from anyone

Maybe Harley was visiting Barrass at home or visiting Hickmont's family at same time Sam was in town.

I know people disregard Instagram for trade stuff. But interestingly, Sam Mitchell’s personal account, which is restricted and he has only 600 followers, Harley Reid is one of them.

I would imagine Mitchell made an impression on draftees when he interviewed them. Some have even said as much publicly.

How would we lineup with if we managed to bring in Perryman too? Would be such a headache.

Impey - Barrass - Hardwick
Sicily - Scrimshaw - Battle

Meek - Newcombe - Day
Weddle - Worpel - D'Ambrosio

Moore - Dear - MacDonald
Watson - Chol - Ginnivan

Bench:
Amon
Nash
Perryman
Mackenzie

Sub: Gunston / Breust

Depth / Trade options: Frost, Reeves, CJ, Serong, Ward, DGB, Morrison, Maginess, Scaife, Ramsden, Blanck, Hustwaite, Ryan, Macdonald, Butler

Last edited:
I would imagine Mitchell made an impression on draftees when he interviewed them. Some have even said as much publicly.
I can't recall who the player was now (it was a draftee) but they spoke on a podcast last year about how good Sam's "pitch" to them was. That it was obvious he'd done his homework because he was able to outline all his strengths and areas to improve in detail, how he'd fit into what he was building at Hawthorn, etc. And how they left the meeting feeling really excited about the prospect of ending up at Hawthorn.

Barrass, Battle, Perryman and Gruzewski(or some other target) + JUH as Cat B is enough investment for now IMO into list. The hard bit would be cutting 5 from the list now.

Will give up pick 30 for Max + Giants Pick 49 & then use that to match Cody Anderson bid in NGA.

DGB to be delisted and picked back as rookie.

Wingard, Stephens, Philips is most likely outs, wait to see how others fare as BH season winds up.

Maybe Harley was visiting Barrass at home or visiting Hickmont's family at same time Sam was in town.
I think you are true to form being quite optimistic if you think we can get Jamarra as a Cat B rookie…😉

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can't recall who the player was now (it was a draftee) but they spoke on a podcast last year about how good Sam's "pitch" to them was. That it was obvious he'd done his homework because he was able to outline all his strengths and areas to improve in detail, how he'd fit into what he was building at Hawthorn, etc. And how they left the meeting feeling really excited about the prospect of ending up at Hawthorn.

Mikel Arteta, the current Arsenal manager, seems to leave this impression on players too.

I understand that new signings are always going to come into their new club and be glowing during the initial press conferences - but what stands out to me is when they mention the specific vision the coach has for them and their role in the side, and the homework that must have been done in order to come up with that vision. The meticulous detail that seemingly goes into it all.

Surely every coach does this, but I would be willing to bet that Mitchell could articulate it better than others.

Honestly I really love the behind the scenes footage that the NFL clubs put out about training camp and the draft / FA in particular. It would be so interesting to see how AFL clubs come up with their drafting and recruiting plans and hearing what they discuss during their strategic meetings. Can't they just give this to us? Please?

Two clubs in particular have been sounding out Ned since the byes. I know one is Pies, don't know the other.

19ef9a8760b08f67d016a7789ae75d07.gif

A very good friend of mine has had his son sign with an AFL club.

4 clubs made offers. 2 of those clubs actually sat down with my mate & his son to ‘sell’ the club. The other 2 thought he’d just sign with them.

He reckons Sam Mitchell was amazing to listen to, his vision for the club & where he wanted to go, how he wanted to get there, etc blew him away.

Hes now seeing what Mitch predicted.
Hes not a Hawks man but he loves what/how Mitch has gone about it.

Mikel Arteta, the current Arsenal manager, seems to leave this impression on players too.

I understand that new signings are always going to come into their new club and be glowing during the initial press conferences - but what stands out to me is when they mention the specific vision the coach has for them and their role in the side, and the homework that must have been done in order to come up with that vision. The meticulous detail that seemingly goes into it all.

Surely every coach does this, but I would be willing to bet that Mitchell could articulate it better than others.

Honestly I really love the behind the scenes footage that the NFL clubs put out about training camp and the draft / FA in particular. It would be so interesting to see how AFL clubs come up with their drafting and recruiting plans and hearing what they discuss during their strategic meetings. Can't they just give this to us? Please?
In hindsight the signing of Amon before there was any real runs on the board AND trading away O'Meara and Mitchell is ultra impressive. It was all theory at that point and if Sam didn't deliver on what he was selling then Karl would've been committing the best years of his career to a failed rebuild.

A very good friend of mine has had his son sign with an AFL club.

4 clubs made offers. 2 of those clubs actually sat down with my mate & his son to ‘sell’ the club. The other 2 thought he’d just sign with them.

He reckons Sam Mitchell was amazing to listen to, his vision for the club & where he wanted to go, how he wanted to get there, etc blew him away.

Hes now seeing what Mitch predicted.
Hes not a Hawks man but he loves what/how Mitch has gone about it.
That’s great to hear about Mitch and not surprising at all.

In hindsight the signing of Amon before there was any real runs on the board AND trading away O'Meara and Mitchell is ultra impressive. It was all theory at that point and if Sam didn't deliver on what he was selling then Karl would've been committing the best years of his career to a failed rebuild.
That Amon signing was a big deal in hindsight. Great get when there wasn't a lot going for us.

Topiary has gone very quiet - but he has heard, and I have heard, and a couple of others have heard - all independently of one another that Max Gruzewski is being courted very very hard by us indeed.

If anyone is coming from left field to Hawthorn, it will be Max.

Super talented kid.
Can never have enough Max's. Bring him home!

I think you are true to form being quite optimistic if you think we can get Jamarra as a Cat B rookie…😉
I put in the Cat B reference just the trigger the ? if people get confused. So I am assuming that is a /s take. If not, have you met Jaime Uhr Henry(JUH) the new Giant on Hawks list

PS : also someone has to offset the pessimists pretending to be realists here but yes in general I am half full type of guy

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back