Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

He won’t be.

All mail currently swirling around is that we are not keen, and that his off-field stuff has only Cats willing to take him on.
One would think that Baz could very well be sitting on his last strike. If so i wonder if his next contract will have a whole bunch of clauses in it around playing up.

Morris claiming on SEN that Mac Andrew has had an 8 year x $1.5mil per year offer from a vic club.

I just don’t see what it is that everyone has for him. He’s good yes, but he’s too skinny. I don’t think he’s “easily the best going” type of good. It’s not like he’s grabbed GCS games by the neck and dragged them over the line. Sure, an after the siren goal against *, but * choke. The media hype Andrew like he’s more impactful than Buddy.

Morris claiming on SEN that Mac Andrew has had an 8 year x $1.5mil per year offer from a vic club.

I've been telling you all for months that Mac Andrew is gettable.

Nobody throws this offer up unless there have been talks already.

His family and management were 100% in on Mac returning home.

Just needed Mac to see the light that if he stayed there, it wouldn't end well.

Looks like maybe he has.

I've been telling you all for months that Mac Andrew is gettable.

Nobody throws this offer up unless there have been talks already.

His family and management were 100% in on Mac returning home.

Just needed Mac to see the light that if he stayed there, it wouldn't end well.

Looks like maybe he has.
Morris also said he contacted GC for comment and they said he is contracted for next year and will be there. They are also in talks and hopeful of an extension

St Kilda, North, and Richmond make sense from a needing to reach the cap floor perspective.

All Vic based clubs in the bottom 8 could use him.

We are by a country mile the team that needs him the least. I would say the team that needs him the most is...The Gold Coast Suns.

Off field I thought he was kosher, not any worse than other players in the AFL.
Have a look at how quickly Stengle’s little nap disappeared from the media.

Sleepy hollow are very good at keeping things under wraps.

Re. Smith, there are so many players in the AFL with reported ‘issues’, with some issues different to others, and others varied / manipulated by X party to drive down (or up) the perceived price for the player.

It’s hard therefore to know for certain the extent of issues Bailey has, whether the issues are still a live problem, and whether the hawks are (again, certainly) in or out of the running for his signature.

I for one think we have a great group that seems to really wrap their arms around each other, and therefore I think there should be serious thought given to adding his pace to the midfield rotation, noting that realistically pace out of the midfield is arguably our one weakness in that area of the field.

Plus - I think he’s just got talent and would be great to see him strutting his stuff for us instead of the cats.

Whether we do or do not pursue - it will be an intriguing watch!

Isn’t this a little bit damning, the club that knows him best only offering 2 and telling him more or less see you later? If he was truly in the Dogs plans you’d make a way to keep him.
I’m always weary of players with a larger celebrity profile than footballing profile, especially when there’s a history of off field issues.

Pure speculation, but surely they're only offering 2 years as they've just re-signed English and Naughton, will likely hold onto Lobb and will need to re-sign stars in coming years - all points to a tight cap.

I doubt they have the cap space to be doing any other long term deals.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re. Smith, there are so many players in the AFL with reported ‘issues’, with some issues different to others, and others varied / manipulated by X party to drive down (or up) the perceived price for the player.

It’s hard therefore to know for certain the extent of issues Bailey has, whether the issues are still a live problem, and whether the hawks are (again, certainly) in or out of the running for his signature.

I for one think we have a great group that seems to really wrap their arms around each other, and therefore I think there should be serious thought given to adding his pace to the midfield rotation, noting that realistically pace out of the midfield is arguably our one weakness in that area of the field.

Plus - I think he’s just got talent and would be great to see him strutting his stuff for us instead of the cats.

Whether we do or do not pursue - it will be an intriguing watch!

I don't mean any offence to the guy but I think when you offer someone a big deal (let's say 5/6 years for a mill a year) you really want the guy to be consistent mentally. That's not something that you can rely on with Bailey.

Have a look at how quickly Stengle’s little nap disappeared from the media.

Sleepy hollow are very good at keeping things under wraps.
The Newcastle Knights in the NRL were very similar in there activities over a long period. Some of the stuff that town covered up for Joey Johns is ridiculous. I'm talking down to the police turning a blind eye on things to the point where they pulled him out of nightclubs in a similar state to Stengle and then call the club on the down low so it doesn't hit the press. Maybe it's something to do with the whole smaller town thing where almost everyone is a fan.

To be fair though all clubs to a degree cover up a fair bit of cr@p and we only have to look at the Buddy rumours over the years as an example.

I don't mean any offence to the guy but I think when you offer someone a big deal (let's say 5/6 years for a mill a year) you really want the guy to be consistent mentally. That's not something that you can rely on with Bailey.

It's a common view. Look at it this way, if a player with a physical injury comes into our club we back the medical team to get them right. It's the same for mental health. We employ the best people who justifiably back themselves.

Did anyone mention the sanitation, the medicine, education, wine, public order, irrigation, roads, the fresh water system, and public health?
Peace?

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back