Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Except that this year's first rounder is worth more due to the available talent in this year's draft compared to next years.

Pick 17 on draft night in a draft where the kid that got taken last year at 5 would be 1 this year. Some lazy analysis from the media

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

c2df24fa91b369d4eb30e7a2d42e03e1.gif

re: the pick shuffling... "oh, I get it!"

Don’t go to Eagles board. They’re more like 3 years behind than 3 hours. FMD
Lots of them want blood over the loss of pick 14 which was their birthright.

Barrass for F1(Haw) & F2(Carl) is the deal on table satisfying Matty Clarke's demand for 1st and 2nd round pick.

Up to Eagles how they deal with Tigers for Baker. Not our drama. Maybe F1(Haw) with something coming back would satisfy the tigers, maybe not. Rate him around 20ish, but many of their fans don't want him as well.

The question has to be asked, is a 29yr old full back (no matter how good he is) what this team needs to go to the next level? We have a pretty good 23yr old full back waiting to return from injury as well as having added a very good, potentially elite, intercepting tall defender. In fact I wonder if landing Battle didn’t tip the scales such that we can’t justify paying a premium for Barrass. These things ebb and flow as the landscape changes. It just feels to me that our draft capital should really be prioritised to favour the midfield and forward line, whether that be through the draft or through trading.
Even if the question didn't have to be asked I have no doubt you'd ask it, repeatedly.

WC want Barrass gone, but Hawks will only pay a fair price.

WC will blink or get nothing 😂

They will blink.

They are rebuilding and they need picks, desperately. Barrass has no part to play in their future and he has made it clear he wants to leave. They won't force him to stay, they will buckle and ultimately accept a decent offer from us for a 29 year old player that wants out.

Proviso - posting this without reading the last 10 pages, so if it's all changed since, then the joke's on me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hasn't hawthorn and west coast always had a good trading relationship? I'm sure this will continue.

Barrass is 29, not 26, so not worth a much as many speculate. A few players are being over valued, this draft.
It's a good relationship when you're getting bent over. When you stand up for yourself, it becomes troublesome

I think most of us in the blue and half side of things seem to agree that the media's take on the Barrass stuff is a bit odd.

Pick 14 in isolation is insufficient.We, the fans think so, as does the club.
However, the angst on our side is the belief that Baker is not worth the pick 14 that would've been involved in this trade, irrespective of anything else. Trading Tom Barrass for Liam Baker? Yuck.

Perhaps these mechanisms behind the scenes allow the above to take place though, however that ends up working out? It isn't the dropping of Fat Man that the media believe it is.

Or maybe it does end up being a player for Warner next year, which is also good.

Either way, I don't think it's time to flip the tables and start shooting at each other yet.

I think most of us in the blue and half side of things seem to agree that the media's take on the Barrass stuff is a bit odd.

Pick 14 in isolation is insufficient.We, the fans think so, as does the club.
However, the angst on our side is the belief that Baker is not worth the pick 14 that would've been involved in this trade, irrespective of anything else. Trading Tom Barrass for Liam Baker? Yuck.

Perhaps these mechanisms behind the scenes allow the above to take place though, however that ends up working out? It isn't the dropping of Fat Man that the media believe it is.

Or maybe it does end up being a player for Warner next year, which is also good.

Either way, I don't think it's time to flip the tables and start shooting at each other yet.
Get Out Theatre GIF by Tony Awards

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back