Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

And the quality of the 'drama' is highly debatable. I reckon a short sharp burst of trades would be much more fun than what we've had so far. All the commentators have nothing to talk about.

Bored Rebecca Wisocky GIF by CBS

I hate to be that guy, but I’m that guy. It’s not the entertainment value of trade week that dictates the length, but the utility of greasing conversations between clubs. Without a ten-day trade week, Big Boy never joins Hawthorn, for example. A lot of conversations and approvals are needed to take a trade from idea to complete.

If clubs are saying it’s a waste of time then I’m here to listen. Otherwise, we only see the announcements. We don’t see all the conversations that happened to make them possible.

I hate to be that guy, but I’m that guy. It’s not the entertainment value of trade week that dictates the length, but the utility of greasing conversations between clubs. Without a ten-day trade week, Big Boy never joins Hawthorn, for example. A lot of conversations and approvals are needed to take a trade from idea to complete.

If clubs are saying it’s a waste of time then I’m here to listen. Otherwise, we only see the announcements. We don’t see all the conversations that happened to make them possible.
I’m lead to believe that ‘unofficial’ trade week goes for 12 months. Ask Roughy.

Based on that, am I right in saying Tauru and Moraes were never part of our academy when they were aged 16+? Otherwise, according to the last paragraph, wouldn't we have had access to them in the draft?

I'm guessing they were in our academy when aged 11-15 (Part 1), which is where the confusion/controversy about their eligibility stems from.

Apologies if this has already been addressed elsewhere.

Edit: Just added some clarity (I hope!).

Last edited:
Re NGA - it’s a good thing the rules are so restrictive. I’m with Gerard Healy and the whole system should be scrapped as it doesn’t even really serve its original purpose, but now only serves for clubs to undermine draft order.

Re Weagles - if Clarke approves the Pick 3 split, he is a fool. How do Weagles blunder this trade period so badly with a winning hand. They just needed to trade for our first and on trade it for Baker. Instead got greedy and now finding out the dangers of trying to play too many hands at once.

Re NGA - it’s a good thing the rules are so restrictive. I’m with Gerard Healy and the whole system should be scrapped as it doesn’t even really serve its original purpose, but now only serves for clubs to undermine draft order.

Re Weagles - if Clarke approves the Pick 3 split, he is a fool. How do Weagles blunder this trade period so badly with a winning hand. They just needed to trade for our first and on trade it for Baker. Instead got greedy and now finding out the dangers of trying to play too many hands at once.
Spot on. Could have had pick 3 and Baker. Instead they have pick 12, Baker and Owies. Could make a movie out of this. “How to lose a trade period in 10 days”

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Spot on. Could have had pick 3 and Baker. Instead they have pick 12, Baker and Owies. Could make a movie out of this. “How to lose a trade period in 10 days”

Isn't Owies out of contract anyway? Just walk him to the PSD

Trade period needs to either be more transparent or shorter. We’re a week deep and the biggest player trade so far was Alex Neal-Bullen.

Delaying trades for drama is ridiculous and unfair on the players.
…who flagged the trade request back to SA in the middle of August.

Apparently Pick 13 requested a trade in early September but it didn’t get much media attention at the time. I blame its management.

Or are the eagles geniuses?😉

Trade 12 to St kilda for their f1/2, Barrass to us for our f1/2 then ontrade ours to swans for 19 and 22. Swans like suns have academy kids coming next year.

Turn 3 into Baker Owies 19,22 in 2024
Add saints f1/2 in 2025

Damage control?
I think you need some orange font for this post

Wce tried to play hard ball and MM has made a trade that benefitted us and screwed WCE. Dont mess with the HOK
This has me worried. We need to walk away from Barrass if Eagles try and use that deal to recover some of what they've royally ****ed up

Sent from my SM-S911B using Tapatalk

If only the eagles didn't play hardball with us could've taken 14 and kept pick 3.

Now they'll accept less than our original offer.

Gold coast has a competitor for worst run club it looks like
They didn't play hard ball. The Eagles and Hawks have been respectful negotiations. Barrass will be done and both parties will be happy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back