Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a little tip kenneje , there’s no chance that any of the hypothetical trades posted from now on will actually happen 😉

The thread has morphed into a ‘past players & other stuff thread’

We absolutely could start speculating on complex and multi-layered pick swaps, though!

This thread remains viable while there is a chance that we trade up for draft night.
Been told we're having some ongoing chats with Richmond. They're keen to get another 1st for the 2025 draft to help their rebuild so are open to trading their picks around 18/20. Apparently we're offering 33 & F1 for pick 11 though.
Lots to play out before the draft, I'll be very surprised if we 're still at pick 33, wont be for lack of trying.

That f1 we hold is the Carlton f1 and I am fairly confident it will end up a top 10 pick.
I would rather hold on to it unless we have an agreement with a 2025 free agent

That f1 we hold is the Carlton f1 and I am fairly confident it will end up a top 10 pick.
I would rather hold on to it unless we have an agreement with a 2025 free agent
If we are getting a good pick in this draft for it for a particular target we have in mind then we do it. The list management is now. We are not waiting anymore.

I wonder if we are trying to trade up to get a specific player we expect to be available at that pick?

Or are we just wanting to hold a higher pick in case a player the club rates higher than that pick happens to slide? Also giving us the option to live trade it away for even better 2025 draft picks if another club really wants to get back in for the same reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we are trying to trade up to get a specific player we expect to be available at that pick?

Or are we just wanting to hold a higher pick in case a player the club rates higher than that pick happens to slide? Also giving us the option to live trade it away for even better 2025 draft picks if another club really wants to get back in for the same reason.
We will trade for it on the day. Just like the weddle trade.

I've had a look at draft nights trades. From what I can see there's been two teams to trade into the first round. Geelong traded a F1 for pick 20 (Holmes) and we traded Pick 27 and a F2 & F3 for pick 18 (Weddle). Hope we do another if our target is there.

* There's been some other trades with teams swapping first rounders.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back