Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a little tip kenneje , there’s no chance that any of the hypothetical trades posted from now on will actually happen 😉

The thread has morphed into a ‘past players & other stuff thread’

We absolutely could start speculating on complex and multi-layered pick swaps, though!

This thread remains viable while there is a chance that we trade up for draft night.
Been told we're having some ongoing chats with Richmond. They're keen to get another 1st for the 2025 draft to help their rebuild so are open to trading their picks around 18/20. Apparently we're offering 33 & F1 for pick 11 though.
Lots to play out before the draft, I'll be very surprised if we 're still at pick 33, wont be for lack of trying.

That f1 we hold is the Carlton f1 and I am fairly confident it will end up a top 10 pick.
I would rather hold on to it unless we have an agreement with a 2025 free agent

That f1 we hold is the Carlton f1 and I am fairly confident it will end up a top 10 pick.
I would rather hold on to it unless we have an agreement with a 2025 free agent
If we are getting a good pick in this draft for it for a particular target we have in mind then we do it. The list management is now. We are not waiting anymore.

I wonder if we are trying to trade up to get a specific player we expect to be available at that pick?

Or are we just wanting to hold a higher pick in case a player the club rates higher than that pick happens to slide? Also giving us the option to live trade it away for even better 2025 draft picks if another club really wants to get back in for the same reason.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wonder if we are trying to trade up to get a specific player we expect to be available at that pick?

Or are we just wanting to hold a higher pick in case a player the club rates higher than that pick happens to slide? Also giving us the option to live trade it away for even better 2025 draft picks if another club really wants to get back in for the same reason.
We will trade for it on the day. Just like the weddle trade.

I've had a look at draft nights trades. From what I can see there's been two teams to trade into the first round. Geelong traded a F1 for pick 20 (Holmes) and we traded Pick 27 and a F2 & F3 for pick 18 (Weddle). Hope we do another if our target is there.

* There's been some other trades with teams swapping first rounders.

He’s got good speed and he’s a total competitor and a ferocious tackler he would be a great small forward and in time go through the midfield. Bit of Worpedo about him but he’s a better kick at the same stage and can kick decently on his left as well. No brainer.
Can anyone let me know what factors are contributing to Cody being a mid draft pick rather than a high draft pick? Seems motivated and has a mature body.

We'd need their F3 coming back to us to be allowed to trade the F1. Could give them Eagles F4 so it's just a slide for them, but their F3 is very likely to be Pick 37 pre-compo picks and they'll know that.
Maybe hard to ask them to add 24 as that will be 1st pick on Day 2 unless AFL caps 1st night to pick 20/22 or whatever.

Given we will likely take only 2 picks and one of that is Cody, I am fine with giving up 33 for a suitable deal.

So F1+33 for 18+F2 works better, no need for their F3( which they don't have anyway)

Ideal is keep working on pick 11 for F1+33 which I think is fair given this draft is even and deep. Keep offering same F1+33 for every teens pick after 11.

But hopefully way before this, we have actually swapped 33 for either of Bombers pick 28 or 31 for Blues F2. Earlier the better. After Kako is bid on, swap 33 for their F2.

f1+28 for 11 will sound lot more attractive if Tigers can find a F3 to send us back

Maybe hard to ask them to add 24 as that will be 1st pick on Day 2 unless AFL caps 1st night to pick 20/22 or whatever.

Given we will likely take only 2 picks and one of that is Cody, I am fine with giving up 33 for a suitable deal.

So F1+33 for 18+F2 works better, no need for their F3( which they don't have anyway)

Ideal is keep working on pick 11 for F1+33 which I think is fair given this draft is even and deep. Keep offering same F1+33 for every teens pick after 11.

But hopefully way before this, we have actually swapped 33 for either of Bombers pick 28 or 31 for Blues F2. Earlier the better. After Kako is bid on, swap 33 for their F2.

f1+28 for 11 will sound lot more attractive if Tigers can find a F3 to send us back
We need their F3. We cannot trade our F1 without it. We don't have a F3 currently

Can anyone let me know what factors are contributing to Cody being a mid draft pick rather than a high draft pick? Seems motivated and has a mature body.

Disposal could use a clean up.

Also, having a mature body as an 18 year old isn't always counted as a positive. Many recruiters and clubs believe that it could be a sign that the player doesn't have much development left.

This was a knock on Jai Newcombe, even after his first full season.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Hypothetical trade and FA Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back