Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ouch. Losing both Dan and Kane for the finals hurts. Not even sure how we attempt to replace them?
Yup, that's massive for us. Essentially de-rails our finals campaign entirely given what they mean to our team.

I'm not sure I have faith in Sinn to do what Farrell does for us, i've been disappointed in his kicking.

Additionally, relying on Burton and Sinn to remain fit for the next month is not good odds either.

I hate to bring optimism when we've lost 2 crucial players from our backline, but it could have been much worse without Logan Evans. It was fairly long odds he'd become the player he has so quickly. That softens the blow somewhat.

We just need someone else to standup now. Be that Sinn, DBJ returning to previous form as a defender or something more left field.

This isn't ideal, but it's hardly finals over before they've started.

This one has deflated me a bit.
Yup - I was so deflated after the Houston hit, didn't really celebrate the showdown win as I knew that there was likely going to be big trouble for us.

But eventually got my head around it and figured that in Farrell and Burton, we still had pretty reasonable run off the back line and good ball use.

Now we've lost Farrell - and it seems like we're near a repeat of last season where we got to the finals with a team that was fully patched up. From McKenzie and Dixon at either end of the ground being held together by strapping tape etc.

Now we've lost two of our weapons that rebound the ball from back to front. It's absolutely massive for us and I really think we're cooked now unless Ken can pull a rabbit out of the hat.

DBJ down back and can we somehow get Robbie Gray to chuck the number 41 guernsey on and pretend to be Jed?

All Premiership teams have to overcome some kind of adversity. They'll adjust the best ways possible.
West coast in 2018 did , lost gaff to a suspension missed all of the finals then key back Brad Sheppard went down with a hammy before the QF , missed everything as well, were given no chance and they went all the way. Never know but it looks tough.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

West coast in 2018 did , lost gaff to a suspension missed all of the finals then key back Brad Sheppard went down with a hammy before the QF , missed everything as well, were given no chance and they went all the way. Never know but it looks tough.

No NicNat also

Ffs just remember that even though its a shit situation and everyone is thinking fu*kin doom and gloom it can also make a player this could be what sinn needs to prove his worth he's got a opportunity now f*#k he might carve it up who knows it ain't over till the fat lady sings

DBJ has to go back to defence.

We must play Narkle ahead of McEntee.

Is how I think it’ll play out, safest option for Ken. Not sure our coaches are in experimental mode on the eve of finals.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yup - I was so deflated after the Houston hit, didn't really celebrate the showdown win as I knew that there was likely going to be big trouble for us.

But eventually got my head around it and figured that in Farrell and Burton, we still had pretty reasonable run off the back line and good ball use.

Now we've lost Farrell - and it seems like we're near a repeat of last season where we got to the finals with a team that was fully patched up. From McKenzie and Dixon at either end of the ground being held together by strapping tape etc.

Now we've lost two of our weapons that rebound the ball from back to front. It's absolutely massive for us and I really think we're cooked now unless Ken can pull a rabbit out of the hat.
Sin is quick with a good left foot - this is his opportunity.

DBJ is the only small forward who kicks goals along with rioli?
Yeah I think his manic energy has been great up forward and clearly resulting in goals and goal assists. You have to keep in him forward to start, if Sinn stinks it up you sub him for a Narkle and send DBJ back, but don't lose his presence up there from the get go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury 2024 Injury Updates Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back