List Mgmt. 2024 List Management šŸ“ƒ

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oliver is one of the best players in the game. Kennedy and Hewett aren't in the best players in our team. Miles apart.

Yes that contract is ridiculous.

Long contracts are great when it comes to salary cap management, but not for players who are inconsistent mentally the way he is.

Gone backwards this year.

If the rookie list goes from 3 years to 5 years. Would make sense to leave Boyd on the rookie list?
There will be a games limit. Will assist for Oā€™Keeffe, S.Durdin and Mirkov if they are required. Unlikely to help with Boyd and Cincotta next year.

Gone backwards this year.
He has, he seems to have had his down periods over his career. 26 years old, a lot of young men begin to mature around this age. Mental illness can be tricky.

The question is, would he do better at our club than at Melbourne? Would it suit him better in our team where he is the number 2 onballer under Cripps than the number one onballer at Melbourne? I think when Petracca is up and firing Oliver plays well in tandem with him.

I would not write us off asking, but I think his contract would be a big issue.

If you want to be a successful club, you have to look at players and believe you will get the best out of them.

If we are keeping Pitto, then I'd hang onto Dom over Mirk. (and only one of SDurds and Young))
We can spitball all we like, but we are not in the inner sanctum.

I am among those very annoyed that Kemp is over tasked many weeks with assignments on genuine hulking forwards and then scape goated the second there is a break down. Absolutely I want us to keep one of Young or S.Durdin and obtain a long term option by draft or trade. Most on here want the issue sorted immediately, I want it sorted permanently.

The market for mature KPD is a competitive one. It seems quality options the position is a rare commodity around the country. All the big boys want to be forwards rather than one of the often unsung heroes at the other end of the ground.

Lewis Young has been a phenomenal disappointment. I think supporters and coaches alike have come to the conclusion that whatever ails him mentally is here to stay. The bloke has the skills, the tools to be considered a quality key defender, but not the want and/or focus. He has proven his ability albeit for a short time. What he does have is a contract until the end of the 2026 season. Current form certainly doesnā€™t make him an attractive trade option. Seems like we are stuck with him, unless we take the hit of delisting him for a list spot. I feel dirty raising the possibility, but I despair of him playing to potential.

While missing a few games and not being the soundest player physically, Sam Durdin is more the back up/break glass option we need while a youngster develops. If we must leave Kempy out, please, please play Durdin this week to test his viability. Being on the rookie list and likely to have a couple more years eligible to stay on it by AFL changes could be a free hit.

In the short term, I want youngsters Harry Lemmey and more left field Hudson Oā€™Keeffe schooled as key defensive options. Not as career changes, but as insurance for our team. We will also have Irishman Matt Duffy who was listed at 194cm at 18yo before his ACL, who may be a key defensive option. We are not bereft of options if we get a little creative. Our Jack of all trades, JSOS would also be a fill in option down back when he returns next year.

I despair with draft suggestions on this board wanting anything but a key defender should we likely get a pick in the first round before matching a bid for the Camporeale boys.

We can spitball all we like, but we are not in the inner sanctum.

I am among those very annoyed that Kemp is over tasked many weeks with assignments on genuine hulking forwards and then scape goated the second there is a break down. Absolutely I want us to keep one of Young or S.Durdin and obtain a long term option by draft or trade. Most on here want the issue sorted immediately, I want it sorted permanently.

The market for mature KPD is a competitive one. It seems quality options the position is a rare commodity around the country. All the big boys want to be forwards rather than one of the often unsung heroes at the other end of the ground.

Lewis Young has been a phenomenal disappointment. I think supporters and coaches alike have come to the conclusion that whatever ails him mentally is here to stay. The bloke has the skills, the tools to be considered a quality key defender, but not the want and/or focus. He has proven his ability albeit for a short time. What he does have is a contract until the end of the 2026 season. Current form certainly doesnā€™t make him an attractive trade option. Seems like we are stuck with him, unless we take the hit of delisting him for a list spot. I feel dirty raising the possibility, but I despair of him playing to potential.

While missing a few games and not being the soundest player physically, Sam Durdin is more the back up/break glass option we need while a youngster develops. If we must leave Kempy out, please, please play Durdin this week to test his viability. Being on the rookie list and likely to have a couple more years eligible to stay on it by AFL changes could be a free hit.

In the short term, I want youngsters Harry Lemmey and more left field Hudson Oā€™Keeffe schooled as key defensive options. Not as career changes, but as insurance for our team. We will also have Irishman Matt Duffy who was listed at 194cm at 18yo before his ACL, who may be a key defensive option. We are not bereft of options if we get a little creative. Our Jack of all trades, JSOS would also be a fill in option down back when he returns next year.

I despair with draft suggestions on this board wanting anything but a key defender should we likely get a pick in the first round before matching a bid for the Camporeale boys.

Best case scenario with us having pick 18, worst say 14, what do you think that gets you senior player wise, in a trade? I agree in regards to Kemp and our need for a KPD, but any kid picked in the draft isnā€™t going to help for a few seasons.

Do we go for quality and trade for needs or do we trey again for a unlikely bargain?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best case scenario with us having pick 18, worst say 14, what do you think that gets you senior player wise, in a trade? I agree in regards to Kemp and our need for a KPD, but any kid picked in the draft isnā€™t going to help for a few seasons.

Do we go for quality and trade for needs or do we trey again for an unlikely bargain?
To trade someone in worth a first round pick is going to cost a heap of dollars. I donā€™t believe we have the space for a trade demanding more than around $600k per annum. It will be virtually impossible to find someone gettable who is also affordable and capable.

I remain convinced we have to bite the bullet and hit the draft, unless we can identify someone in a lesser league.

There's absolutely zero chance of us cutting him.
He could be traded out, but we would have to have a replacement to trade in.

Personally, I think we should just put him in for post-season surgery to have his finger extracted.
Or maybe we could give him a few months in prison to learn some aggression?

Campo x2 plus Cody Walker very exciting for us.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Itā€™s exciting to have that family connection but the kid we get with our first round pick at the draft will probably be more exciting than the first Campo brother (who is tracking as a late second round pick) as well as the second (who could end up a rookie pick) - at the end of the day we will not be picking up sure fire guns but players who have the potential to become best 23 one day but at the same time the % of second round picks and third round picks who end up playing 100 games or 200 games is pretty low

Cody could also be exciting one day but thatā€™s at least a few years away before we know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Itā€™s exciting to have that family connection but the kid we get with our first round pick at the draft will probably be more exciting than the first Campo brother (who is tracking as a late second round pick) as well as the second (who could end up a rookie pick) - at the end of the day we will not be picking up sure fire guns but players who have the potential to become best 23 one day but at the same time the % of second round picks and third round picks who end up playing 100 games or 200 games is pretty low

Cody could also be exciting one day but thatā€™s at least a few years away before we know for sure

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
interesting how in the recent ESPN draft rankings a SA kid came in at #1.

Ben Campo took out SA's MVP at the Championship yet ranked at only 21 - perhaps the author is trying to help us?

1721353037039.png

There's absolutely zero chance of us cutting him.
He could be traded out, but we would have to have a replacement to trade in.

Personally, I think we should just put him in for post-season surgery to have his finger extracted.
Or maybe we could give him a few months in prison to learn some aggression?
Could work. The players union might not go for it though.

Ben Campo took out SA's MVP at the Championship yet ranked at only 21 - perhaps the author is trying to help us?

View attachment 2052032
Said it a million times, Ben has a fundamental flaw in his game that other draft prospects do not. There's no funny games going on, he just needs to fix his kicking technique before he'd be rated in the top tier of draftees even if he continues pumping out good performances.

I reckon a cheap Dylan Shiel would compliment our mids better

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by One Chicago

View attachment 2052032
Don't forget that there's academy and F/S before that pick - so if our 1st rounder is say around 16-18, it will likely drift to around that mark anyway.

If rumours are true about Dan Houston then we MUST pursue and throw what we can at him.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

To trade someone in worth a first round pick is going to cost a heap of dollars. I donā€™t believe we have the space for a trade demanding more than around $600k per annum. It will be virtually impossible to find someone gettable who is also affordable and capable.

I remain convinced we have to bite the bullet and hit the draft, unless we can identify someone in a lesser league.

Ok so we decide to hit the draft and we draft for needs, if we nail the pick, it helps us fill a hole moving forward.

This however doesnā€™t help us next year, whoā€™s a realistic target to fill the immediate need, that is best 22? Kolodjashni from Geelong, Tomlinson, T.McDonald, Howard?

Those are key defenders out of contract, Kolo would be solid, i dont mind hitting the draft as long as we fill the need elsewhere.

If we need to move a player or two from another area to free up $$$$, this should be on the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back