List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martin, SDurdin, Cuningham, Marchbank, Akuei, Mirkov, Young, MCarroll would be nice

As gbat said though, not without bringing in some ready to go replacements. 7 draftees won't help us next year but moving some of them on would drastically improve our availability issues and depth depending on who we could bring in in their places.

It's actually not that hard these days. The issue is the quality and being good at our selection.

We now have Drafts, FA, Trades, SSP, Rookies, Academies, Overseas etc

We will most likely now be able to trade picks up to two years

The way things are going the Campo kids won't cost a lot. A heap on bundle up late picks. We will most likely keep our forst round pick. We will also chase a FA or two and as last few years have shown we can tarde late picks for quality like we did with Hollands and Acres

So many scenarios to play out and many options. Making 8-10 changes is very possible

IMO we need 5-6 readymade players supported by 3-4 kids

They key (which isn't discussed much) is how quickly Wilson, Binns, Ollie, Lemmey, O'Keefe, Lord, Moir can develop and step up. That will make as big a difference to us as anything else PLUS the return of Docherty & Jack

Last edited:
They key (which isn't discussed much) is how quickly Wilson, Binns, Ollie, Lemmey, O'Keefe, Lord, Moir can develop and step up. That will make as big a difference to us an anything else PLUS the return of Docherty & Jack
100%

Player development is the most crucial aspect for us moving forward as it will help us do more with less.

I hope we bring in something like

Campo twins
First round pick
1-2 other picks or rookies

1 x FA
1 x Trade
1 x DFA
1-2 SSPs

Focus on run and Leg Speed and at least one KPD

Early call but I expect Docherty & Jack to be back and names like Cowan Ollie Wilson O'Keefe to be genuine Best 25 players and big improvement in Motlop Cincotta Elijah Boyd Kemp.

I have NO hesitation in delisting Marchbank Cuningham Martin Young Akuei S.Durdin Mirkov M.Carroll Fantasia. I would trade J.Carroll & C.Durdin if any interest

Let's work through this scenario for the sake of argument/I'm bored. That gives us 4 senior spots and 4 rookie spots.

4 senior spots:
  • 3 would go to draftees (first rounder plus Campo twins)
  • 1 remaining to fill a list need
  • Potential need to upgrade Boyd to the senior list - not sure on rules yet (thanks AFL lmao)

4 rookie spots:
  • Offer Jack Martin a rookie spot if his body holds up for the rest of the season/finals
  • Matt Duffy takes another spot
  • 2 remaining spots to take a risk on a kid or DFA/SSP

On that face of it, I would like to open up at least one more senior spot to chase other OOC for list needs. We could do this by trading J. Carroll/C. Durdin or delisting Fantasia. Trading draft capital is a concern as we don't have much. The names I'm looking at are below, one from each group would be ideal:

Mid
Riley Garcia

Forwards
Jacob Konstanty
Conor Stone
Bailey Banfield

KPDs
Dougal Howard
Harry Edwards
Adam Tomlinson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Mark Keane
I like it, let’s assume we can continue with Boyd as a rookie and we take the 3 kids at the draft, hopefully a KPD.

Your scenario has us delisting/trading three tall defenders, I think this is unrealistic but if this happens, they need replacing, so add Kolo from your defenders list.

A rookie spot would then need to go to the best key back from across the state leagues.

Don’t offer Martin a contract, unless it’s min wage and one year.

If we can only have one Irish cat B, then so be it, don’t put a player on the rookie list who is miles off the pace, list spots are too tight.

Garcia would be nice

They key (which isn't discussed much) is how quickly Wilson, Binns, Ollie, Lemmey, O'Keefe, Lord, Moir can develop and step up. That will make as big a difference to us as anything else PLUS the return of Docherty & Jack

I’d also like our club to be a bit better at cutting our losses early, rather than holding on to players who won’t make the cut.

Not saying any of these won’t, but I’m very sceptical of Binns, Lemmey or Moir, if the coach and LM team think they’ve seen enough, trade them and move on, we hold on to players for far too long.

I’d also like our club to be a bit better at cutting our losses early, rather than holding on to players who won’t make the cut.

Not saying any of these won’t, but I’m very sceptical of Binns, Lemmey or Moir, if the coach and LM team think they’ve seen enough, trade them and move on, we hold on to players for far too long.

I'm not convinced on them either but we have many others to go first

Let's work through this scenario for the sake of argument/I'm bored. That gives us 4 senior spots and 4 rookie spots.

4 senior spots:
  • Potential need to upgrade Boyd to the senior list - not sure on rules yet (thanks AFL lmao)

4 rookie spots:
  • Offer Jack Martin a rookie spot if his body holds up for the rest of the season/finals

On that face of it, I would like to open up at least one more senior spot to chase other OOC for list needs. We could do this by trading J. Carroll/C. Durdin or delisting Fantasia. Trading draft capital is a concern as we don't have much. The names I'm looking at are below, one from each group would be ideal:

Mid
Riley Garcia

Forwards
Jacob Konstanty
Conor Stone
Bailey Banfield

KPDs
Dougal Howard
Harry Edwards
Adam Tomlinson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Mark Keane

We desperately need another back up tall forward and key defender.

Not in love with any of those names but understand we may need to look for a moneyball approach.

Collingwood won a premiership after bringing in Frampton. He's a very average player, but just a big body who can fill a few spots and hopefully just do a job, freeing up other players. That's what we can get.

If we are already cutting all those guys then serious questions need to be asked of the scouting and recruiting team.

I like it, let’s assume we can continue with Boyd as a rookie and we take the 3 kids at the draft, hopefully a KPD.

Your scenario has us delisting/trading three tall defenders, I think this is unrealistic but if this happens, they need replacing, so add Kolo from your defenders list.

A rookie spot would then need to go to the best key back from across the state leagues.

Don’t offer Martin a contract, unless it’s min wage and one year.

If we can only have one Irish cat B, then so be it, don’t put a player on the rookie list who is miles off the pace, list spots are too tight.

Garcia would be nice
We can put Duffy on Cat-B, there's no limit on Irish Cat-Bs.

Free Agency and Non Contract Lists​

Adelaide​

Unrestricted free agents

James Borlase, William Hamill, Elliott Himmelberg, Ben Keays, Brodie Smith, Taylor Walker

Uncontracted

Luke Beecken, Sam Berry, Hugh Bond, James Borlase, Chris Burgess, Brayden Cook, Darcy Craven, Lachlan Gollant, Ned McHenry, Patrick Parnell, Lachlan Sholl

Brisbane​

Unrestricted free agents

Darragh Joyce, Ryan Lester, Jarryd Lyons, Dayne Zorko

Uncontracted

Noah Answerth, Shadeau Brain, Kalin Lane, James Madden, Lincoln McCarthy, Carter Michael, Jaxon Prior,

Carlton​

Unrestricted free agents

Sam Durdin, David Cuningham, Caleb Marchbank

Uncontracted

Domanic Akuei, Jordan Boyd, Jack Carroll, Matt Carroll, Corey Durdin, Elijah Hollands, Jack Martin, Alex Mirkov, Rob Monahan, Hudson O'Keeffe, Matthew Owies

Collingwood​

Unrestricted free agents
Jack Bytel, Joshua Eyre, Jeremy Howe, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Oleg Markov, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom

Uncontracted

Aiden Begg, Josh Carmichael, Charlie Dean, Nathan Kreuger, Ned Long, Cooper Lord, Reef McInnes, Joe Richards, Oscar Steene, Lachie Sullivan

Essendon​

Unrestricted free agents

Todd Goldstein, Dyson Heppell, Jake Kelly

Uncontracted

Kaine Baldwin, Jye Caldwell, Nik Cox, Jayden Davey, Sam Durham, Saad El-Hawli, Matt Guelfi, Lewis Hayes, Nick Hind, Jaiden Hunter, Harrison Jones, Jye Menzie, Will Setterfield, Dylan Shiel, Jake Stringer, Tex Wanganeen, Sam Weideman

Fremantle​

Unrestricted free agents

Bailey Banfield, Ethan Hughes, Matt Taberner, Patrick Voss, Corey Wagner

Uncontracted

Josh Corbett, Tom Emmett, Odin Jones, Max Knobel, Sebit Kuek, Nathan O'Driscoll, Liam Reidy, Ethan Stanley, Sam Sturt, Conrad Williams

Geelong​

Unrestricted free agents

Mitch Duncan, Tom Hawkins, Jack Henry, Jake Kolodjashnij, Mark O'Connor, Brandan Parfitt, Gary Rohan, Rhys Stanley, Zach Tuohy

Restricted free agents

Patrick Dangerfield

Uncontracted

Jed Bews, Jack Bowes, Ted Clohesy, Phoenix Foster, Joe Furphy, Mitch Hardie, Oliver Henry, Emerson Jeka, James Willis

Gold Coast​

Unrestricted free agents

Levi Casboult, Sam Day, Brandon Ellis, Nick Holman, Sean Lemmens, Jack Mahony, Darcy McPherson, Alex Sexton

Restricted free agents

Ben Ainsworth

Uncontracted

Sandy Brock, Sam Clohesy, Alex Davies, Brandon Ellis, Oskar Faulkhead, Lloyd Johnston, Ben King, Hewego Oea, Will Rowlands, James Tsitas, Bodhi Uwland

GWS​

Unrestricted free agents

Isaac Cumming, Nick Haynes, Lachlan Keeffe, Adam Kennedy, Harry Perryman, Callan Ward

Uncontracted

Ryan Angwin, Josh Fahey, Cooper Hamilton, Jesse Hogan, Nick Madden, James Peatling, Braydon Preuss, Conor Stone

Hawthorn​

Unrestricted free agents

Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Cooper Stephens, Chad Wingard

Restricted free agents

Blake Hardwick

Uncontracted

Joshua Bennetts, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek, Jack O'Sullivan, Ethan Phillips, Jack Scrimshaw, Clay Tucker

Melbourne​

Unrestricted free agents

Marty Hore, Lachie Hunter, Tom McDonalad, Jake Melksham, Joel Smith, Adam Tomlinson

Uncontracted
Jed Adams, Ben Brown, Kynan Brown, Kyah Farris-White, Luker Kentfield, Ed Langdon, Bailey Laurie, Andy Moniz-Wakefield, Josh Schache, Oliver Sestan, Will Verrall

North Melbourne​

Unrestricted free agents

Hugh Greenwood, Toby Pink, Liam Shiels, Brynn Teakle

Restricted free agents

Cameron Zurhaar

Uncontracted

Jackson Archer, Blake Drury, Hamish Free, Robert Hansen, Cooper Harvey, Charlie Lazzaro, Finnbar Maley, Will Phillips, Tom Powell, Bailey Scott, Tyler Sellers

Port Adelaide​

Unrestricted free agents

Travis Boak, Charlie Dixon, Francis Evans, Trent McKenzie, Quinton Narkle

Uncontracted

Jeremy Finlayson, Hugh Jackson, Lachlan Jones, Kyle Marshall, Tom McCallum, Thomas Scully, Ivan Soldo, Xavier Walsh*, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Richmond​

Unrestricted free agents

Noah Cumberland, Jack Graham, Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Sam Naismith, Dion Prestia

Uncontracted

Liam Baker, Jacob Blight, Seth Campbell, Mate Colina, Matt Coulthard, Thomson Dow, Campbell Gray, Steely Green, Mykelti Lefau, Marlion Pickett, Hugo Ralphsmith, Maurice Rioli, Jack Ross, Kaleb Smith, James Trezise

St Kilda​

Unrestricted free agents

Josh Battle, Riley Bonner, Tom Campbell, Tim Membrey, Sebastian Ross, Liam Stocker, Jimmy Webster

Uncontracted

Matthew Allison, Dan Butler, Ryan Byrnes, Jack Hayes, Max Heath, Olli Hotton, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Isaac Keeler, Angus McLennan, Ben Paton, Cooper Sharman, James Van Es, Mason Wood

Sydney​

Unrestricted free agents

Harry Cunningham

Uncontracted
Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Aaron Francis, James Jordon, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachlan McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell, Cooper Vickery

West Coast​

Unrestricted free agents

Liam Duggan, Andrew Gaff, Jamaine Jones, Josh Rotham, Zane Trew

Uncontracted

Jordyn Baker, Tyler Brockman, Coby Burgiel, Jai Culley, Harry Edwards, Loch Rawlinson*, Alex Witherden

Western Bulldogs​

Unrestricted free agents

Jason Johannisen, Lachlan McNeil

Restricted free agents
Tim English

Uncontracted

Dominic Bedendo, Charlie Clarke, Taylor Duryea, Riley Garcia, Alex Keath, Buku Khamis, Kelsey Rypstra, Bailey Smith, Rhylee West

I hope we bring in something like

Campo twins
First round pick
1-2 other picks or rookies

1 x FA
1 x Trade
1 x DFA
1-2 SSPs

Focus on run and Leg Speed and at least one KPD

Early call but I expect Docherty & Jack to be back and names like Cowan Ollie Wilson O'Keefe to be genuine Best 25 players and big improvement in Motlop Cincotta Elijah Boyd Kemp.

I have NO hesitation in delisting Marchbank Cuningham Martin Young Akuei S.Durdin Mirkov M.Carroll Fantasia. I would trade J.Carroll & C.Durdin if any interest
You’d really have no hesitation in delisting a player who is contracted for 2 more years? And another who is contracted for another year?
I think we all need to be realistic.

For the point of discussion, let’s ignore Cat B.
We currently have 8 uncontracted players (5 senior, 3 rookie), and are oversubscribed by 1 player.

There are very few free agents left, and of those who are, they’d be very expensive, or not somebody you’d want to bring in to take a senior list spot. And to the best of my knowledge, we haven’t been linked to any of them.

We have to assume that we won’t be changing our list structure. I’d be pretty surprised if we brought more than 1 FA or traded player onto the senior list. Then Boyd, 2 Campos, probably 1 more ND pick.

Free Agency and Non Contract Lists​

Adelaide​

Unrestricted free agents

James Borlase, William Hamill, Elliott Himmelberg, Ben Keays, Brodie Smith, Taylor Walker

Uncontracted

Luke Beecken, Sam Berry, Hugh Bond, James Borlase, Chris Burgess, Brayden Cook, Darcy Craven, Lachlan Gollant, Ned McHenry, Patrick Parnell, Lachlan Sholl

Brisbane​

Unrestricted free agents

Darragh Joyce, Ryan Lester, Jarryd Lyons, Dayne Zorko

Uncontracted

Noah Answerth, Shadeau Brain, Kalin Lane, James Madden, Lincoln McCarthy, Carter Michael, Jaxon Prior,

Carlton​

Unrestricted free agents

Sam Durdin, David Cuningham, Caleb Marchbank

Uncontracted

Domanic Akuei, Jordan Boyd, Jack Carroll, Matt Carroll, Corey Durdin, Elijah Hollands, Jack Martin, Alex Mirkov, Rob Monahan, Hudson O'Keeffe, Matthew Owies

Collingwood​

Unrestricted free agents
Jack Bytel, Joshua Eyre, Jeremy Howe, Will Hoskin-Elliott, Oleg Markov, Scott Pendlebury, Steele Sidebottom

Uncontracted

Aiden Begg, Josh Carmichael, Charlie Dean, Nathan Kreuger, Ned Long, Cooper Lord, Reef McInnes, Joe Richards, Oscar Steene, Lachie Sullivan

Essendon​

Unrestricted free agents

Todd Goldstein, Dyson Heppell, Jake Kelly

Uncontracted

Kaine Baldwin, Jye Caldwell, Nik Cox, Jayden Davey, Sam Durham, Saad El-Hawli, Matt Guelfi, Lewis Hayes, Nick Hind, Jaiden Hunter, Harrison Jones, Jye Menzie, Will Setterfield, Dylan Shiel, Jake Stringer, Tex Wanganeen, Sam Weideman

Fremantle​

Unrestricted free agents

Bailey Banfield, Ethan Hughes, Matt Taberner, Patrick Voss, Corey Wagner

Uncontracted

Josh Corbett, Tom Emmett, Odin Jones, Max Knobel, Sebit Kuek, Nathan O'Driscoll, Liam Reidy, Ethan Stanley, Sam Sturt, Conrad Williams

Geelong​

Unrestricted free agents

Mitch Duncan, Tom Hawkins, Jack Henry, Jake Kolodjashnij, Mark O'Connor, Brandan Parfitt, Gary Rohan, Rhys Stanley, Zach Tuohy

Restricted free agents

Patrick Dangerfield

Uncontracted

Jed Bews, Jack Bowes, Ted Clohesy, Phoenix Foster, Joe Furphy, Mitch Hardie, Oliver Henry, Emerson Jeka, James Willis

Gold Coast​

Unrestricted free agents

Levi Casboult, Sam Day, Brandon Ellis, Nick Holman, Sean Lemmens, Jack Mahony, Darcy McPherson, Alex Sexton

Restricted free agents

Ben Ainsworth

Uncontracted

Sandy Brock, Sam Clohesy, Alex Davies, Brandon Ellis, Oskar Faulkhead, Lloyd Johnston, Ben King, Hewego Oea, Will Rowlands, James Tsitas, Bodhi Uwland

GWS​

Unrestricted free agents

Isaac Cumming, Nick Haynes, Lachlan Keeffe, Adam Kennedy, Harry Perryman, Callan Ward

Uncontracted

Ryan Angwin, Josh Fahey, Cooper Hamilton, Jesse Hogan, Nick Madden, James Peatling, Braydon Preuss, Conor Stone

Hawthorn​

Unrestricted free agents

Luke Breust, Jack Gunston, Harry Morrison, Conor Nash, Cooper Stephens, Chad Wingard

Restricted free agents

Blake Hardwick

Uncontracted

Joshua Bennetts, Sam Frost, Denver Grainger-Barras, Changkuoth Jiath, Lloyd Meek, Jack O'Sullivan, Ethan Phillips, Jack Scrimshaw, Clay Tucker

Melbourne​

Unrestricted free agents

Marty Hore, Lachie Hunter, Tom McDonalad, Jake Melksham, Joel Smith, Adam Tomlinson

Uncontracted
Jed Adams, Ben Brown, Kynan Brown, Kyah Farris-White, Luker Kentfield, Ed Langdon, Bailey Laurie, Andy Moniz-Wakefield, Josh Schache, Oliver Sestan, Will Verrall

North Melbourne​

Unrestricted free agents

Hugh Greenwood, Toby Pink, Liam Shiels, Brynn Teakle

Restricted free agents

Cameron Zurhaar

Uncontracted

Jackson Archer, Blake Drury, Hamish Free, Robert Hansen, Cooper Harvey, Charlie Lazzaro, Finnbar Maley, Will Phillips, Tom Powell, Bailey Scott, Tyler Sellers

Port Adelaide​

Unrestricted free agents

Travis Boak, Charlie Dixon, Francis Evans, Trent McKenzie, Quinton Narkle

Uncontracted

Jeremy Finlayson, Hugh Jackson, Lachlan Jones, Kyle Marshall, Tom McCallum, Thomas Scully, Ivan Soldo, Xavier Walsh*, Brandon Zerk-Thatcher

Richmond​

Unrestricted free agents

Noah Cumberland, Jack Graham, Dylan Grimes, Dustin Martin, Kamdyn McIntosh, Sam Naismith, Dion Prestia

Uncontracted

Liam Baker, Jacob Blight, Seth Campbell, Mate Colina, Matt Coulthard, Thomson Dow, Campbell Gray, Steely Green, Mykelti Lefau, Marlion Pickett, Hugo Ralphsmith, Maurice Rioli, Jack Ross, Kaleb Smith, James Trezise

St Kilda​

Unrestricted free agents

Josh Battle, Riley Bonner, Tom Campbell, Tim Membrey, Sebastian Ross, Liam Stocker, Jimmy Webster

Uncontracted

Matthew Allison, Dan Butler, Ryan Byrnes, Jack Hayes, Max Heath, Olli Hotton, Dougal Howard, Zak Jones, Isaac Keeler, Angus McLennan, Ben Paton, Cooper Sharman, James Van Es, Mason Wood

Sydney​

Unrestricted free agents

Harry Cunningham

Uncontracted
Harry Arnold, Jack Buller, Aaron Francis, James Jordon, Tom Hanily, Jacob Konstanty, Jaiden Magor, Lachlan McAndrew, Caleb Mitchell, Cooper Vickery

West Coast​

Unrestricted free agents

Liam Duggan, Andrew Gaff, Jamaine Jones, Josh Rotham, Zane Trew

Uncontracted

Jordyn Baker, Tyler Brockman, Coby Burgiel, Jai Culley, Harry Edwards, Loch Rawlinson*, Alex Witherden

Western Bulldogs​

Unrestricted free agents

Jason Johannisen, Lachlan McNeil

Restricted free agents
Tim English

Uncontracted

Dominic Bedendo, Charlie Clarke, Taylor Duryea, Riley Garcia, Alex Keath, Buku Khamis, Kelsey Rypstra, Bailey Smith, Rhylee West
This list isn’t up to date.
Just from us, Boyd, Elijah, Corey Durdin and HOK are contracted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Martin, SDurdin, Cuningham, Marchbank, Akuei, Mirkov, Young, MCarroll would be nice

As gbat said though, not without bringing in some ready to go replacements. 7 draftees won't help us next year but moving some of them on would drastically improve our availability issues and depth depending on who we could bring in in their places.
I don't think it is worth taking more than 3 picks in the draft (assuming you haven't gained extra picks in the first 3 rounds). Invite 3 or 4 down to train over the summer and pick the best of them once you get a better look.

I wonder what Bolts thought after the first training session with Fin Odwyer. Was finally playing some decent VFL footy 6 years after being drafted. What late pick has that sort of time to develop.

I would look at adding McMahon to the list. Been good in the 2s and has 4 years development into him.

Id be disappointed if we delisted any of Binns, Lemmey or Moir at this very early stage of their career (barring any attitudinal issues)

They are kids in kids bodies which take time to develop. Im glad they are spending time in the twos - it wasnt that long ago our young players were getting belted because they had to be played in the seniors. Its a luxury to have strong enough senior list that these kids dont need to get thrown into the lions den until ready.

As pointed out by other posters, we have some perennially injured players that we just cant carry anymore. Even if the likes of cunners, martin or marchbank come back in for finals and make a difference (tbh I only see Martin doing that) the rest of the squad cant carry them, again, for another year.

Defensive depth is our biggest weakness and needs to be addressed, which I think it will be this year

We did it last year
We cut 1 player with 1 year left from the Rookie List. Not somebody with 2 years of a senior contract left, and not 2 players.

I could see us cutting and rookieing Fantasia to create an extra senior spot, but I’d be shocked if we cut him outright, and we certainly won’t be delisting Young. Especially with our lack of tall defender depth, because you’d have to assume that Marchy and Durdin are already going.

4 senior spots:

4 rookie spots:

Mid
Riley Garcia

Forwards
Jacob Konstanty
Conor Stone
Bailey Banfield

KPDs
Dougal Howard
Harry Edwards
Adam Tomlinson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Mark Keane
Duffy will be Cat B surely.

On SM-F946B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Id be disappointed if we delisted any of Binns, Lemmey or Moir at this very early stage of their career (barring any attitudinal issues)

They are kids in kids bodies which take time to develop. Im glad they are spending time in the twos - it wasnt that long ago our young players were getting belted because they had to be played in the seniors. Its a luxury to have strong enough senior list that these kids dont need to get thrown into the lions den until ready.

As pointed out by other posters, we have some perennially injured players that we just cant carry anymore. Even if the likes of cunners, martin or marchbank come back in for finals and make a difference (tbh I only see Martin doing that) the rest of the squad cant carry them, again, for another year.

Defensive depth is our biggest weakness and needs to be addressed, which I think it will be this year
Would be disappointing . It is just hard to hold onto kids who aren't showing improvement. We lost a couple of list spots through covid and then we increased the number of players needed in a team to 23. Crazy it hasn't been returned to pre-covid levels as a list should be at least 2 complete teams. Unfortunately I can't see it happening given we need an extra 4o odd players for the Tassie team and they may get the GCS extended list allowance.

We cut 1 player with 1 year left from the Rookie List. Not somebody with 2 years of a senior contract left, and not 2 players.

I could see us cutting and rookieing Fantasia to create an extra senior spot, but I’d be shocked if we cut him outright, and we certainly won’t be delisting Young. Especially with our lack of tall defender depth, because you’d have to assume that Marchy and Durdin are already going.
Totally agree with all of that.

I'm glad big Nigel got his opportunity last weekend, but going down in the first quarter with yet another soft tissue injury when you've played 1 game in 2 years and out of contract puts you straight in the cross-hairs. Can't see either him or Marchy surviving the cut....a contracted Young becomes the back up option. Even if he requests a trade, we've got all all the aces to either negotiate a hard deal, or hang onto him.

And as much as some people are suggesting to re-rookie Martin for a year, if he got an offer for 2 years on a senior list with someone like a Freo, he'd be crazy not to accept it. Fantasia is the one I'd be looking to re-rookie if he agrees to it, or even possibly Cunners.

And contrary to popular opinion, if we got a decent trade offer for Owies, I'd do it in a heartbeat - especially if it gets us extra draft capital for a trade deal, or to potentially move up the draft board. Personally, I'd like to think we're in the market for a Konstanty or Stone to boost our forward stocks with younger talent. If Owies were to depart, it would potentially leave us with small/mid forward options of Motlop, Fogarty, Durdin, Fantasia, Martin, Moir, Williams, JSOS and Elijah....as well as a Konstanty/Stone.

I'd love to have a list clean out, but something has to come back in. A big haul of teenagers is not going to win us a flag, quite the opposite.

There needs to be some balance. We need to bring in mature players as well this season along with some youth. 3 youngsters and three mature players. Something along those lines.
TBH, those that aren't getting a game, or developing as hoped, whether they are rookies or older players is not really the point. The issue I have is players that have been on the list a long time and offering very little. I'd rather take a punt on 8 or 10 new young blokes who may develop in 12 months over someone who been on the list for years and offering nothing.

4 senior spots:

4 rookie spots:

Mid
Riley Garcia

Forwards
Jacob Konstanty
Conor Stone
Bailey Banfield

KPDs
Dougal Howard
Harry Edwards
Adam Tomlinson
Jake Kolodjashnij
Mark Keane

Jake Kolodjashnij is someone I have thought about as a realistic target in recent weeks, but I reckon Tassie will go hard to get him there, being a Tassie lad.

Love the fact that On the Couch and CD Hoyne have mentioned we dont have a second key back. Or even a third key back which is a bit derogatory.

The important bit is Austin could not miss both pots at our club list. It's a grand canyon sized hole. Obviously I wished austin could have seen this eventuality 2 seasons ago. Potentially too busy clapping himself on the back for Young who is now probably paid as a first team 22 player rather than the periphery player that he actually is.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back