List Mgmt. 2024 List Management 📃

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, fair shout. You need a good squad of 30 to win a flag imo - 30 players genuinely capable at AFL level, with 31-44 players group as break-glass depth.

I think the reason our 25-44 bracket are average is because it seems our VFL program is still rubbish - which is just unacceptable considering how rubbish it's been for so long. It's the VFL team for Carlton! That's a dead set dream for kids who have missed the draft, local guns wanting a VFL spot, or delisted AFL players wanting to remain in the system - how we can't get this program right is a disgrace - it's in the heart of Melbourne at a famous club & ground ffs.

Anyway, requests for off-season:

1. KPD - nothing on the market though which is concerning. Weitering needs help & McGovern is only good for intercepting.

2. Midfielder - a nimble type, not necessarily speedy but able to weave through traffic with fast feet.

3. Some goddamn promising kids and solid role players who can get us VFL results and push the standards of our AFL squad.

I'm open to trading, too. Nobody is off the table except Cripps, Curnow, McKay, Weitering & De Koning.
Saad, Walsh, Acres, Elijah all on the table? 😂😂😂 God talk about an overreaction.

Over the past 3 years we have drafted

Moir
Wilson
Hollands
Cowan
Binns
Lemmey
Motlop
Akuei

None are locks but there is some possibles. None are exactly stand outs

O'Keefe, Boyd, Cincotta as SSP/Mid season picks

We have brought in Cerra Hewett Elijah Acres which IMO have been good deals

The other issue is there isn't much KPP's in that group
The Moir one is just beyond baffling to me. A slow off the mark 3rd tall option who has questionable commitment to the contest. Didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't from what he's shown.

Wilson will end up a very good player, fairly convinced on that selection from what he's shown in his 1st year. Needs to add another 5-6 kgs in the off season.

Saad, Walsh, Acres, Elijah all on the table? 😂😂😂 God talk about an overreaction.

Forgot Walsh & Elijah.

If someone offered a gun KPD in their prime for Saad, I'd absolutely consider it. Love him, but we need a KPD more than we need a small/running defender right now. Nobody would offer anything of value for Acres anyway - he's worth way more to us than he would be any other club.

My point I was making is contending clubs make big calls - Richmond offloaded Deledio, Collingwood did with Grundy (even though is was a cap squeeze), I'm not saying we have to as well but if an opportunity arises..

The Moir one is just beyond baffling to me. A slow off the mark 3rd tall option who has questionable commitment to the contest. Didn't make sense to me then and still doesn't from what he's shown.

Wilson will end up a very good player, fairly convinced on that selection from what he's shown in his 1st year. Needs to add another 5-6 kgs in the off season.

I honestly don't know. He is hard to peg. I have seen him do some incredible things but then goes missing

My worry was I asked a top player manager about him after the draft. Said Carlton was the only club that really rated him top 30ish. Many though he was speculative and a maybe a good rookie type. Not sure he had AFL qualities

Voss loves clearances... end of season, it will be time to do some off field.

Cunners, Marchbank, Martin, S.Durdin, Young, Akuei, Mirkov - thanks very much, but time to be shown the door either through trades or delist.

After that, our KPD deficiency MUST be addressed properly... not through some stupid notion that we can find a kpf on the scrap heap and turn them into a solid kpd...

I would like to see us at the very least attempt to bring in a very solid kpd via trade, even if it costs us our 1st pick this year. We need one with experience that can help Weitering out.

I would put Cerra and pittonet on the table. See what offers we get. With Ben camporeale incoming Cerra is expendable

ok but are campo boys any good?

I know they havent even started yet but i really havent heard anything too good about them. One seems ok from what is mentioned on here.
They are both fine players but neither are going to shift the needle for us towards a premiership. They are for the future

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I would put Cerra and pittonet on the table. See what offers we get. With Ben camporeale incoming Cerra is expendable

I wanted us to get Goldstein end of last year and trade Pittonet. I rate O'keefe but he is young and TDK is a genuine star

Jack will be back. We just need a quality back up

Whatever happens we need to be aggressive the off season

Forgot Walsh & Elijah.

If someone offered a gun KPD in their prime for Saad, I'd absolutely consider it. Love him, but we need a KPD more than we need a small/running defender right now. Nobody would offer anything of value for Acres anyway - he's worth way more to us than he would be any other club.

My point I was making is contending clubs make big calls - Richmond offloaded Deledio, Collingwood did with Grundy (even though is was a cap squeeze), I'm not saying we have to as well but if an opportunity arises..
The names to look at are Motlop, Owies, Kemp, Kennedy and Carroll in terms of non essential players that still have some value imo.

Acres, Saad, Gov etc are invaluable for us because they provide something none of our other players can and we'd get little in return comparatively to what they provide for us.

The players listed above are all essentially depth pieces when we are at full health but none provide a point of difference to what we've got.

Ben Campo is not going to address our midfield issues, he is another big bodied mid with a suspect kicking style.
Cerra will fine form if the coach plays him back in the mid field, crazy suggestion.

What’s our thoughts on KPD defenders available.

Jake kolojashnij
Adam Tomlinson
Tom mcdonald
Josh schache
Darragh Joyce
Ben Miller

What’s our thoughts on KPD defenders available.

Jake kolojashnij
Adam Tomlinson
Tom mcdonald
Josh schache
Darragh Joyce
Ben Miller
Kolodjasnij - won’t leave. Will finish top 5 in the cats BnF this year. Best of the lot though
Tomlinson - too old and unreliable
McDonald - too old and unreliable
Schache - don’t make me laugh
Joyce - yet to be proven to be reliable
Miller - potentially most realistic of the lot. Solid one-on-one. Reckon he stays though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back