List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Bolton is on 1.2 million.
Bolton plus 2 other players on min salary is 1.5 million.
If you sign Bolton, Banfield plays most weeks and at best you have 1 first round pick.

Other option is Sturt - 500k, Baker - 600k, and someone like Richards - 400k.
If you don't, you go to the draft with 3 first rounds picks.

Who cares if Bolton turns up when he comes to WA, in the 5 or 6 games he has played. I don't think it improves our 22, if Sturt and other players are pushed out especially as it costs you multiple first round picks.
Bolton an even 1M

Ideally we end up keeping Sturt and trading in Bolton, however, if you HAVE to choose between the two, Bolton is a no brainer, he's miles ahead of Sturt, would be a massive upgrade.

We have almost our whole spine in the best U22 team, if we are drafting then draft smalls. If we are trading then trade smalls.

We need to turn a handful of under two goal losses into wins, that's it. The brand stands up when we have one of Jackson, Treacy taking marks. Even on the weekend we suddenly looked more dangerous with Voss taking grabs.

Add Bolton and he lands as the number one small forward in the team, everyone else slides down one and suddenly the opposition playing their unaccountable rebounding defender is matched up on Frederick or Sturt and both only need a touch of space to leave their man behind while he thinks about sliding off the side for a cheapy

He’s our Fritch from the dees, that’s the player I think he most resembles in the way he plays, although this year Sturt is actually applying more pressure than the Dees version.
That's a bit better. But can we perhaps restrict ourselves to comparing him to players from teams less successful than Freo? Doesn't leave us a lot to work with, I know.

I think we make top 4 without any changes. Get another elite forward or two and we are contending.

Not sure how we can stuff up when we are so draft capital rich. After slowly building and meticulously planning our path, they aren’t going to go blow it all on one go. Have some faith.

Even 2018 is now less than a disaster considering the return we got on Shultz. Everything we touch is working out, even if we still fall short on the field.
Wait, we meticulously planned to lose Schultz? So cunning.

If Sturt leaves, are there any medium KPFs in this draft?
Im really confident Sturts not going anywhere but if he did I think we'd look at Jobe Shanahan who's doing really well at vfl senior level in recent times. He's 193cm but super mobile and could play the Sturt role.His stock is rising significantly in recnt times.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Richmond has the best offer on the table for Sturt, why would they oackage him up in any Bolton, Baker deal. If he doesn’t agree to terms at Freo, Richmond can pick him up No 1 in the PSD.
Richmond aren’t asking for Sturt in any deal going forward and if Freo offer, Richmond says no thanks.

They are going to be in PR mode over losing three players.

Having a player come as part of the deal distorts the value, it makes it look more than it is. Sturt and picks is easier to sell than picks and then Sturt literally after the draft

[/QUOTE]
Expected value in picks plus his yearly salary
I couldn’t give a **** what picks we use or his salary i want to win flags we wont be doing that with kids playing at Peel , half the reason we lost close ones this year is our inexperience we’ve got the base time to trade in experience and class.

I couldn’t give a **** what picks we use or his salary i want to win flags we wont be doing that with kids playing at Peel , half the reason we lost close ones this year is our inexperience we’ve got the base time to trade in experience and class.
[/QUOTE]

Me 2.

I just don't think Bolton is the best way to get a flag

The only way that us persuing Jack Martin is okay in any sense, is if we pick up him essentially free and don't have to pay much for him at all.

A guy like him cheap, is worth it in my opinion, means if he CAN play and does play well, we exceed all our expectations for him.

I have a feeling if he came over they'd try and play him in the Best 23, when he really should be someone used as depth.

The only way that us persuing Jack Martin is okay in any sense, is if we pick up him essentially free and don't have to pay much for him at all.

A guy like him cheap, is worth it in my opinion, means if he CAN play and does play well, we exceed all our expectations for him.

I have a feeling if he came over they'd try and play him in the Best 23, when he really should be someone used as depth.

Someone said it earlier. Basically DFA and you’d think ‘Yeah, I guess. Can’t overly hurt’

If it’s any more than that then we’re just not doing our job.

It'll surely be low money and no draft capital as a DFA, but the "asset" you probably fear being used is the list spot itself. We're liable to do the whole "give the extra year in exchange for lower year-to-year salary" strat. And I'm not sure I'd love signing him on 2 years when the range of production can be anywhere btwn "genuine best 22 contender who we manage well" and "Phil Merriman's new best mate".

Someone said it earlier. Basically DFA and you’d think ‘Yeah, I guess. Can’t overly hurt’

If it’s any more than that then we’re just not doing our job.
Not sure I can see a spot on the senior list for him tbh.

If I had a spot on the senior list and it was between Tom Emmett and Jack Martin I'd go Tom Emmett. If they were the same age I'd probably go Jack Martin but they're not. Genuinely serious.

Not sure I can see a spot on the senior list for him tbh.

If I had a spot on the senior list and it was between Tom Emmett and Jack Martin I'd go Tom Emmett. If they were the same age I'd probably go Jack Martin but they're not. Genuinely serious.
You're right. Martin could be Gaz Snr but if he only plays 3 games for the year (and half fit at that) then he might as well be Jack Delean.

You're right. Martin could be Gaz Snr but if he only plays 3 games for the year (and half fit at that) then he might as well be Jack Delean.
But he's borderline best 22 at best even of he's available for all games. But also the type that could occasionally play an amazing game out of nowhere - so basically he'd be best 22 in case it was one.of his good weeks. That isn't enough if you're genuinely competing.

Honestly if he's willing to take a rookie spot and have no guarantees of playing I might be interested depending on what's available. Otherwise he can **** right off.

I find it hard to believe we'd be interested in Jack Martin when part of our problem is the ball waltzing out of our forward line.. he doesn't help fix that..

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets Part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Back