• Chad Warner

Votes: 157 67.1%
  • Charlie Curnow

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • Shai Bolton

Votes: 7 3.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I must be the only person who doesn’t rate McDonald at all I think he is soft and barely wins a contest and seems to be a flat track bully. You’d think he would love to take the #1 role for the swans but he’s happy being #3 bloke lacks that mongrel

I must be the only person who doesn’t rate McDonald at all I think he is soft and barely wins a contest and seems to be a flat track bully. You’d think he would love to take the #1 role for the swans but he’s happy being #3 bloke lacks that mongrel
Yeah I don't see the attraction with Logan. Sure, he's still young and talls take a while but I like Treacy better! Treacy has a better kick to start with..

Bit generous calling him a flat track bully.

He has fallen off big time. Playing like he has checked out today. His price is falling fast.

Yeah I don't see the attraction with Logan. Sure, he's still young and talls take a while but I like Treacy better! Treacy has a better kick to start with..

I think McDonald was attractive earlier in the season, however Treacy has had a breakout year and is maintaining that new, high standard he has set for himself.

Treacy is arguably the better player out of the two now. Treacy has more grunt (for want of a better word) and gives more tackling and chasing pressure too. He also gells with Amiss and that is very important.

Both are good players however Treacy is our man going forward for mine.

Was expecting some contract announcements during the bye week, but doesn't look likely

Other teams off byes have had the extensions come out after the weekend. So maybe during this week.

Not at all. I was talking him down before Treacy started smashing it. If anything he's gotten worse since then.

I'm not sure what his standout trait is at this point. No doubt he has something, not obvious to me at this stage.

Other teams off byes have had the extensions come out after the weekend. So maybe during this week.

Not at all. I was talking him down before Treacy started smashing it. If anything he's gotten worse since then.

I'm not sure what his standout trait is at this point. No doubt he has something, not obvious to me at this stage.
I've gone cold on him. Last 6 weeks he's been pretty average.

Going for Chad feels like when we were wanting Jackson :)
I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Will most likely need to wait another year if Sydney don't win the gf this year. West Coast are also a threat of getting him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you. Will most likely need to wait another year if Sydney don't win the gf this year. West Coast are also a threat of getting him.
I doubt he would go to WCE. The only reason there's even chatter about him coming to Freo was because there was the same chatter after we got Jackson. After Jackson there was hope of getting Sharp and Chad - we just need to complete the trinity now :)

Warner to land in Freo 2025 or 2026? Which is most likely?
Purely on the fact he's contracted, more likely in 2025 trade period. I should reiterate that my post was a RUMOUR dump and just because someone hears it, doesn't make it correct or current

Purely on the fact he's contracted, more likely in 2025 trade period. I should reiterate that my post was a RUMOUR dump and just because someone hears it, doesn't make it correct or current
That's the thing right, he's got more trade leverage under contract.

Our chances in the 2024 season shouldn't be discarded.

That's the thing right, he's got more trade leverage under contract.

Our chances in the 2024 season shouldn't be discarded.
Hopefully they remember what happened with Dawson when he got to his contract year and the crows used the threat of the PSD to lower their offer, if they don’t trade him this year it opens the door for WC to do the same thing next year, better to take 3 of our first this year than risk that scenario again.

They’ve got to get rid of this PSD threat thing. Force them into the main draft instead maybe where you’re forced to use a proper pick? Save the PSD for proper delistees and leftovers.

They’ve got to get rid of this PSD threat thing. Force them into the main draft instead maybe where you’re forced to use a proper pick? Save the PSD for proper delistees and leftovers.
There's no point saving the PSD for delistees. There's DFA for that.

Even with the leftovers there's like one day (probably less than 24 hours actually) between the end of the National Draft and the PSD, so it'd literally be for if clubs change their mind overnight.

The AFL likes the PSD threat for some reason but at the same time doesn't like the PSD actually getting used. Its weird.

Rhino on radio this morning reckons Logan McDonald extension is imminent, could be announced this week.

Also Cox could be back through WAFL this weekend.
Good...good.

Use all of your cap space on Gulden, McDonald and Hayward.

Just leave us the Chad!

Ryan Daniels would have to be the most honest journo in AFL media. He seems to never sensationalise information for the sake of a story like so many others do
I think he's really the only actual journo in AFL media. Most of the rest are more like trying to be influencers getting clicks.

Back