List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't trade Treacy in a straight swap for Logan McDonald, Treacy will have a big season this year IMO. I think the Jackson/Amiss/Treacy trio compliment each other really well. Let McDonald go to the Eagles or stay at the Swans, after giving up 2 early picks for Jackson throwing a couple more early picks and a million dollars at McDonald would be foolish.

Our priorities should be -
small forwards
mids with pace
Alex Pearce's future replacement
Luke Ryan's future replacement

I wouldn't trade Treacy in a straight swap for Logan McDonald, Treacy will have a big season this year IMO. I think the Jackson/Amiss/Treacy trio compliment each other really well. Let McDonald go to the Eagles or stay at the Swans, after giving up 2 early picks for Jackson throwing a couple more early picks and a million dollars at McDonald would be foolish.

small forwards
mids with pace
small forwards - Simpson, Delean
mids with pace - Johnson, Sharp
Alex Pearce's future replacement - Murphy, Davies
Luke Ryan's future replacement - Draper
Now, what do we do with those 3x 1sts?

small forwards - Simpson, Delean
mids with pace - Johnson, Sharp
Alex Pearce's future replacement - Murphy, Davies
Luke Ryan's future replacement - Draper
Now, what do we do with those 3x 1sts?
a blue chip tall forward obviously.

small forwards
mids with pace
Treacy still has major question marks. Seriously going after Logan Mcdonald is a no brainer with 4 first round picks at our disposal

Last edited:
I understand wanting to spend the capital elsewhere but if we were allowed to turn Treacy into McDonald then some GM over east is getting fired or Treacy has had one heck of a year
Could go and spend the capital elsewhere but realistically Collingwoods and Ports Picks are likely gonna be 13+. You’d expect Logan Mcdonald to likely have a better career than speculative picks

I understand wanting to spend the capital elsewhere but if we were allowed to turn Treacy into McDonald then some GM over east is getting fired or Treacy has had one heck of a year
Some on here are seriously delusional about Treacy.

If we offered a first rounder AND Treacy for McDonald Sydney would laugh us out of town and rightly so. Outside of this board this suggestion would also be laughed which should tell people all they need to know.

McDonald is an absolute gun and anyone who says otherwise actually needs to watch him play.

Last edited:

If we offered a first rounder AND Treacy for McDonald Sydney would laugh us out of town and rightly so. Outside of this board this suggestion would also be laughed which should tell people all they need to know.

McDonald is an absolute gun and anyone who says otherwise actually needs to watch him play.
Seriously can’t agree with you more here!!! Treacy has been way overrated on this board. Dont get me wrong I like how he is developing but he aint nothing on Mcdonald right now.

Amiss, Mcdonald and Jackson for the next 12 years. All for it!!

small forwards
mids with pace
I'd rather him stay at Sydney then go to WC. Allen and McDonald would be a serious combo!

Let’s wait the year and see if that’s the case by the end of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The biggest limiter for Treacy is his touch, which in my opinion, you either have by this age or you don’t. Look at the wraps on Cooper Simpson, a large part because of how he doesn’t seem to fumble. Treacy fumbles, quite a bit.

This isn’t to say it can’t improve, it can and will but there’s a limit on where it goes. I’m also not saying he’s a write-off, there is a 40ish goal forward there maybe in his prime (long way to go from where he is now) but he’s not in McDonalds class.

Maybe we don’t need to waste capital on THAT much tall talent (ironic for BF) but putting Treacy on par with McDonald is prime supporter nuffy talk really. The sort of thing we’d have a good laugh at reading on another board

Last edited:

At the end of the year we’ll be arguing who’s more talented out of McDonald and Amiss. The trade value of McDonald and Amiss would both be comparable to Luke Jackson.

The trade value of Treacy is more comparable to Jacob Koschitzke who was traded from Hawthorn to Richmond last season.

Treacy is okay for a tall forward because we’ve already got Amiss and Jackson. Replacing him with McDonald and finding a gun small forward could mean we’re looking at one the best forward lines of all time in 2-3 years. If we could turn our four first rounders into McDonald and a gun small forward I’d do it right now without thinking even if we’re stuck otherwise using nothing picks past 30 for the next two years.

The biggest limiter for Treacy is his touch, which in my opinion, you either have by this age or you don’t. Look at the wraps on Cooper Simpson, a large part because of how he doesn’t seem to fumble. Treacy, fumbles, quite a bit.

This isn’t to say it can’t improve, it can and will but there’s a limit on where it goes. I’m also not saying he’s a write-off, there is a 40ish goal forward there maybe in his prime (long way to go from where he is now) but he’s not in McDonalds class.

Maybe we don’t need to waste capital on THAT much tall talent (ironic for BF) but putting Treacy on par with McDonald is prime supporter nuffy talk really. The sort of thing we’d have a good laugh at reading on another board
I guess it comes down to that diminishing returns argument you have about playing too many talls up front and their marking power. I.e does McDonald help Amiss kick more goals, or does he just take goals off Amiss? Treacy could kick 30 while helping Amiss kick 70 (talking 2025 and beyond) if we get McDonald and he and Amiss both kick 50 goals each per season, was the investment worth it if the net result is 100 goals a year between them?

We need a Walters replacement. Any FP ooc who’s in their prime?

We don’t need McDonald. Just not a need.

There’s four first rounders we have available over the next two years. McDonald might cost slightly more than two of them but we’re not chucking in a third first rounder. A player of McDonald’s talent is never not a need. Would you say no to Caleb Serong because you’ve got Jaeger O’Meara on the list? **** No!

If we trade this years first and next years there’s probably still enough capital to get into the top ten picks and target a small forward there. I’m thinking a trade with Gold Coast similar to what they did with the Western Bulldogs last year.

I guess it comes down to that diminishing returns argument you have about playing too many talls up front and their marking power. I.e does McDonald help Amiss kick more goals, or does he just take goals off Amiss? Treacy could kick 30 while helping Amiss kick 70 (talking 2025 and beyond) if we get McDonald and he and Amiss both kick 50 goals each per season, was the investment worth it if the net result is 100 goals a year between them?

I find it hard to see our best two KPFs kicking 100 goals tbh. Not only does that not really happen anymore, I also think Luke Jackson will kick a few too many to make that realistic.

Last edited:
Yes, I’m not going to say the people that don’t want McDonald are wrong, because I get the argument on capital / balance, just that people are kidding themselves comparing Treacy to him

I love JT and would be sad to see him go, but if Logan said he wanted to come home you’d be a absolute fool not to go all in on getting him.

Amiss and LMac is a dream pairing that would set us up for 10 plus years and be the envy of the AFL

Yes, I’m not going to say the people that don’t want McDonald are wrong, because I get the argument on capital / balance, just that people are kidding themselves comparing Treacy to him
I’m not sure many people are directly comparing Treacy to McDonald at this stage. It’s just that Treacy may have a fair bit of development in him. Then there is what he offers the forward line, outside of marks and goals. I think by the latter part of 2024 the club will have enough info to make a call.

I’m not sure many people are directly comparing Treacy to McDonald at this stage. It’s just that Treacy may have a fair bit of development in him. Then there is what he offers the forward line, outside of marks and goals. I think by the latter part of 2024 the club will have enough info to make a call.
McDonald has a fair bit of development in him too though. 2024 is too late really, they’ve made up their mind on McDonald and are chasing him very hard, they want him. Frankly, since Walls has been in charge with JL, I’m prepared to give them the benefit of the doubt on players they rate very highly since draft night since Walls hasn’t missed much.

They have been all over McDonald since he was like 16/17 and really really want him.

I am not having a go at any one poster, as I have seen it written by many people many times over the past months, but if the Amiss and McDonald pairing ever happens it will be a very good solid pairing. It will not be the envy of the AFL.
Cameron Hawkins was the envy of the AFL
Buddy Roughy was the envy of the AFL
Amiss McDonald are two very good young players but let's be realistic, they aren't in that envy of the AFL territory. They'd be in the tier below. And I rate Amiss the much better of the two, like most of you

I am not having a go at any one poster, as I have seen it written by many people many times over the past months, but if the Amiss and McDonald pairing ever happens it will be a very good solid pairing. It will not be the envy of the AFL.
Cameron Hawkins was the envy of the AFL
Buddy Roughy was the envy of the AFL
Amiss McDonald are two very good young players but let's be realistic, they aren't in that envy of the AFL territory. They'd be in the tier below. And I rate Amiss the much better of the two, like most of you
You don’t see a world where it’s the envy of the AFL in 6 years?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back