List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liam Baker too
Ooo forgot about him! I've added the name to the list. Tbh, I don't want us going anywhere near him. We need to stop adding talent for the sake of it. We have clear holes on the list and we need to address them.

I think it would be hard for Treacy to accept a diminished role after going beast mode. not much of a reward is it? I know in Taylor's utopian fantasy everyone at the table eats equally but getting McDonald will probably lead Treacy to explore his options eventually, especially with every Vic club secretly courting him.
I have no problem with players having some pressure on their spots.

We should in theory be willing to trade out any player that improves us.

Treacy I reckon would be very motivated to let the club know that trading him won't improve us.

And a motivated Treacy is exactly what we need in 2024.

Sydney are good operators and would be in Logan's ear - even likely to act in good faith on him reaching his potential and paying that higher value

Instead of letting him stay Uncontracted - either adding zeros or losing them

Wouldn't he suprised to see a 2-3 year extension done before season starts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sydney are good operators and would be in Logan's ear - even likely to act in good faith on him reaching his potential and paying that higher value

Instead of letting him stay Uncontracted - either adding zeros or losing them

Wouldn't he suprised to see a 2-3 year extension done before season starts

Melbourne did the same with Jackson, I think he had three offers from them starting before he was in the last year of his deal but he kept knocking back the talks because Freo had already secured him.

Freo offered McDonald a length of career contract last time he was out of contract. So I'd say we are ahead of the deadline on talking with Logan.

But Sydney can always find AFL help for added money his way.

Melbourne did the same with Jackson, I think he had three offers from them starting before he was in the last year of his deal but he kept knocking back the talks because Freo had already secured him.

Freo offered McDonald a length of career contract last time he was out of contract. So I'd say we are ahead of the deadline on talking with Logan.

But Sydney can always find AFL help for added money his way.
Eh if he wants to come home, I doubt the money will make a difference. Will be on a big contract at both teams. I hope we don't overpay for him.

2024 In MacDonald -> out Taberner
2025 in Motlop -> out Sturt

I’m very comfortable with this improving our best 22 over next two years. Would be comfortable handing over a future 2nd if Jesse wanted to come back this year.

I’m very comfortable with this improving our best 22 over next two years. Would be comfortable handing over a future 2nd if Jesse wanted to come back this year.

Got a feeling we can get a better small forward from our draft picks this year than Motlop tbh.

Three first rounders and a second rounder (not necessarily all of them) can be packaged up to get quite high. Said player probably won’t be from WA but last time we had a premiership contending list we barely lost players - I’d back this player to hang around if we’re competing. I feel we’ve got the list in 2-3 years to at least make the top eight multiple years in a row and give the top four a decent crack - once you’re there you’re not too many players off taking the next step.

Got a feeling we can get a better small forward from our draft picks this year than Motlop tbh.

Three first rounders and a second rounder (not necessarily all of them) can be packaged up to get quite high. Said player probably won’t be from WA but last time we had a premiership contending list we barely lost players - I’d back this player to hang around if we’re competing. I feel we’ve got the list in 2-3 years to at least make the top eight multiple years in a row and give the top four a decent crack - once you’re there you’re not too many players off taking the next step.
I hear you but rare a small forward will peak in year 1. Normally slight build and takes a few years

Usually has one or two hanging off him - attracts the biggest defender

For me, if he brings it to ground, follows up, hurts a few and kicks 1-2 game - I'm very happy

At worst, he'll facilitate others with kicking the bags of 5 with his play, if not himself.

Ohhhh boy what I'd give for a prime Hayden Ballantyne on this list 🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you but rare a small forward will peak in year 1. Normally slight build and takes a few years

I’m not saying that but a really good one could easily be a better footballer than Motlop year two or three.

We still have Walters in 2025 and our current small forwards are serviceable but not stars. It isn’t about finding an AFL player - it’s about finding a star that can really make things happen.

It won’t happen but that was the best I’ve seen Yeo look in years. If you could get him as a FA and bring in McDonald then use a 1st round pick on a small forward, that’s an amazing off season.
I can't explain why, but some players have always had the feeling that they should be/will be in purple one day and Yeo has always been one of them..

Anyway, this coming off-season should be an easy win. Three first rounders. Either you use the picks, trade for a quality player or we package them up for a top five draft pick if there's somebody there Wallsy desperately wants. Simples.

Motlop is not a replacement for Sturt. One is a small forward, one is a medium forward. Huge difference.

And as far as small forwards go, I don't think Motlop is worth pursuing when we have Switta, Freddy and now Simpson looking good. Motlop isn't better than these guys and is much slower. If we are looking at other clubs, then Collard is the one I'd be keeping an eye on to lure back in a few years.

Stengle is available, but I can't see him leaving cats given his history and the cats giving him a 2nd chance

Still only 25 and would be a plug and play for 5 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back