List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be fair puopulo had two of the best small forwards of all time beside him so it’s not like Hawthorn ignored this area of the ground and just put some scrubs in their to fill the positions.
Sure, but I was only making the point that small forwards are at the mercy of the rest of the team and Puopolo is a good example of that.

Cmon Treacy, time to step up so we can put this Logan talk to bed

Rather 3 top end picks to trade for a small forward and fill other needs through the draft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Better yet, lets get Mcdonald and lock in two potential AA KPF's for the next 10 years

Can use the 3rd first rounder for a small forward too!

To be fair puopulo had two of the best small forwards of all time beside him so it’s not like Hawthorn ignored this area of the ground and just put some scrubs in their to fill the positions.
Yeeeaaahh, but whether it's two other quality smalls or bigs, the reality is that Hawthorn had a dominant team performing. Puopolo kicked lots of goals, crap, average, good, whadeva :)

Better yet, lets get Mcdonald and lock in two potential AA KPF's for the next 10 years

Can use the 3rd first rounder for a small forward too!

We will lose a big name if we bring McDonald in, just can't see how we can afford him

Treacy half the price and money to chase a gun small forward

We will lose a big name if we bring McDonald in, just can't see how we can afford him

Treacy also half the player

If we were in the business of paying small forwards big money then we I think the Schulz outcome would have been a lot different, probably signed up before any outside interest

Who are we going to lose anyway? Everyone is signed long term excluding Brayshaw

Have you seen the books? If not, I'll back them in to have done their sums and know what they can afford.

Reckon it's more likely part of the reason we've lost so many is because we didn't want to match the coin for some of them.

Have you seen the books? If not, I'll back them in to have done their sums and know what they can afford.

Reckon it's more likely part of the reason we've lost so many is because we didn't want to match the coin for some of them.

Read my msg. Did I say I've seen them? From the outside, I can't see how we can afford him - that's called an opinion

Of course they will know and I don't

**** me you're all an emotional bunch

Read my msg. Did I say I've seen them? From the outside, I can't see how we can afford him - that's called an opinion

Of course they will know and I don't

**** me you're all an emotional bunch

Yeah, and my opinion is that your opinion is probably wrong because you haven't seen the books!

Not only that, but we've been actively losing B22 players for years and a reasonable inference from that is that we are saving that money for something else.

Treacy has a bit of work to do still based on last night. Had a few concrete hands moments still. I’m a fan of his, but realistically he probably will marginally improve on last year at best and still be rather frustrating at times. He’s a slow burn it seems.

If Logan is the much clearer better player at the end of the year then the trade to upgrade the position makes more sense.
It’s a big year for Josh. No matter how good at halving a contest and pressure player he is, you gotta clunk marks to be taken seriously as an AFL key forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treacy has a bit of work to do still based on last night. Had a few concrete hands moments still. I’m a fan of his, but realistically he probably will marginally improve on last year at best and still be rather frustrating at times. He’s a slow burn it seems.

If Logan is the much clearer better player at the end of the year then the trade to upgrade the position makes more sense.
It’s a big year for Josh. No matter how good at halving a contest and pressure player he is, you gotta clunk marks to be taken seriously as an AFL key forward.

Josh does all the right things and gets in the right spots. Then somehow doesnt mark the ball...I don't quite get it.

Whilst it is all very well to say most of our young guns are locked away under long term contract , at the same time we have to acknowledge that contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on these days

Whilst it is all very well to say most of our young guns are locked away under long term contract , at the same time we have to acknowledge that contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on these days
I'm backing our ability to identify the committed blokes vs the less so and I'm sure the contracts reflect that.

Also, in contract players leaving are the only type we get value at the trade table for.

Also, also, this would go just as much for contracted players at other clubs wanting to come here so for all we know, we come out ahead in this space.

I always mentally take a year off of all contracts for players. People leave with a year left a fair bit but it’s uncommon for them to leave before that

Fair comment, however the club has clearly worked to get our better players locked away past this season and next (mostly)

If a player really wants to leave there is not much any club can do about it as you point out.

Fair comment, however the club has clearly worked to get our better players locked away past this season and next (mostly)

If a player really wants to leave there is not much any club can do about it as you point out.
One main risk is if you try and be too cute and front load the contracts, then you end up with the Lobb scenario where he gets paid 75% of his four year contract in the first two years, then wants to piss off.
Spread the payments out evenly or back end them, but avoid front loading where possible

Not sure we've traded more than one player (Brad Hill) who had more than two years on their contract.

Contracts do mean something but if a player requests a trade with one year left they're not signing another one.

Kosi would top us off for our 2025 Flagmantle:tm:
Kosi has shown no inclination of wanting to return to WA and is signed to 2027. The only three WA players OOC are Macca (2024), Warner (2025) and Baker (2024). Macca is probably the most obvious choice given our list needs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back