List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

What is the maximum (walk away point) you would pay for Bolton.

• 9 OR 10

Votes: 13 7.5%
  • 9 & 25

Votes: 33 19.0%
  • 9 & 17

Votes: 85 48.9%
  • 9 & F1

Votes: 18 10.3%
  • 9 & 10

Votes: 22 12.6%
  • 9, 10 & 17

Votes: 3 1.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he was the only KPF to take a contested mark inside 50 all night tbh… Certainly wasn’t his best night though.
I remain comfortable with thinking he doesnt have the athleticism (or aggression tbh) to be in the top tier but still a very good player.

Horrible night to be a KPF as shown by every KPF on the ground

McDonald will never be as good, or as bad as he's portrayed on here.

He's a okay player, and I'm sure he'll have a good career. He'll probably play 200+ games and get 400+ goals.

My worry is what Sydney will demand for him. During trade week, even the duds are portrayed as legends. And there will be people like Kornes saying he's the missing piece for Freo and we must get him at all costs.

I'd probably be okay if we gave up our first rounder, and maybe a future second for him. But the talk of him being worth multiple first rounders is ridiculous.

He's a okay player, and I'm sure he'll have a good career. He'll probably play 200+ games and get 400+ goals.

My worry is what Sydney will demand for him. During trade week, even the duds are portrayed as legends. And there will be people like Kornes saying he's the missing piece for Freo and we must get him at all costs.

I'd probably be okay if we gave up our first rounder, and maybe a future second for him. But the talk of him being worth multiple first rounders is ridiculous.
I agree, he is the same quality of player as Cerra IMO and that should be our measuring stick

I remain comfortable with thinking he doesnt have the athleticism (or aggression tbh) to be in the top tier but still a very good player.

Horrible night to be a KPF as shown by every KPF on the ground
I agree about the aggression he is as soft as , I don't rate him at all , But I seem in the minority on here.

I think we would be better off going after JVR in a year's time and using the 3 first rounders on a backman, a winger and a small forward at this year's draft. Besides Clark and Walker we don't have a best 22 backman under the age of 27. Sharp and O'Driscoll are far from sure bets on the wing. And we still need a successor for Walters. Selling the farm for a third promising key forward when we already have Jackson and Amiss (both having shown more than McDonald at this stage) seems like it could be too short sighted and not address any of the other issues we have.

200 game Freo player , 400 goals. Jye will kick 600. That’s a fair return for two forwards over 10 years. MacDonald was a young KPF against May/Lever. His team just won by 4 goals. Longmire is all about structure guarantee his job was to keep May accountable let the smalls run.
I’m all in for MacDonald. 2 teen first rounders for a KPF kicking 400 goals … would be second only Pavlich as our leading goal kicker ever and more than Walters

Between Freo and Sydney we’ll have five of the top 19 selections before free agency compensation kicks in. Sydney have one of those North Melbourne priority picks which is set at pick 19 for now.

There’s actually a chance we could include all three first rounders and still have two top 20 selections after trade week. Unlikely sure but possible.

All I’m trying to say is even if you don’t think McDonald is worth two first rounders don’t completely rule out trading two of them. You almost never see two first rounders traded without other picks being involved.

I think we would be better off going after JVR in a year's time and using the 3 first rounders on a backman, a winger and a small forward at this year's draft. Besides Clark and Walker we don't have a best 22 backman under the age of 27. Sharp and O'Driscoll are far from sure bets on the wing. And we still need a successor for Walters. Selling the farm for a third promising key forward when we already have Jackson and Amiss (both having shown more than McDonald at this stage) seems like it could be too short sighted and not address any of the other issues we have.

Cox isn’t even 26 until the season is almost over and has just signed for six years. We’ve got to give Davies and Murphy some time before drafting another KPD imo.

Chapman is also comfortably less than 27.

I’d probably think that drafting another rebounding defender wouldn’t be the worst idea though. I like Draper but I think Worner, Wagner, Hughes etc. won’t be at the club in three years - certainly need more depth there eventually.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

These McDonald chats are going to be funny all year, when kicks 5 against WC he'll be a gun again

He’d get McGovern who’d give him a bath on one leg from what I saw tonight. Just looks timid for a key forward, going out on limb and saying Tabs has more grunt.

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

200 game Freo player , 400 goals. Jye will kick 600. That’s a fair return for two forwards over 10 years. MacDonald was a young KPF against May/Lever. His team just won by 4 goals. Longmire is all about structure guarantee his job was to keep May accountable let the smalls run.
I’m all in for MacDonald. 2 teen first rounders for a KPF kicking 400 goals … would be second only Pavlich as our leading goal kicker ever and more than Walters
Who says he will kick 400?

Your being pretty generous suggesting McDonald kept May accountable. He was pretty soundly beaten by May in my opinion.

I have been on Bigfooty for 10 years. In that time, by far the most unanimous desire from all Freo posters was to get Hogan from Melbourne. At the time, I can not remember a single person who was against it. The support for Hogan was so strong that when Peter Bell made the infamous line that it would be a "feather in his cap" if he convinced Neale to stay, a heck of a lot of supporters on here lambasted him for not focusing on Hogan.

Fast forward 8 years and getting Hogan was one of the worst decisions made by the Dockers.

The lessons in all this: I don't give much weight to Bigfooty supporters suggesting what the club should be doing in regards to player management and trade targets. And I'm highly sceptical of giving up too much for anyone - particularly a key forward.
Ehhh. Some of us just didn't pipe up about it.
quickly scrambles through post history

Treacy is officially the most overrated on this board.

He is a better version of Brendan Fewster.
Wanna see him at 25 before adopting this label otherwise Fewster was good for Wet Toast but just crap for us.
Agree that Treacy is a finer specimen tho.

Why would Freo give up 2 firsts for Logan? Cameron 6 years ago maybe - probably be better to use the firsts on decent kids. If it was Freo playing tonight and someone like Treacy played that game The Worst would be calling it "a pathetic effort" and calling for him to be dropped. I reckon people have stars in their eyes when it comes to a kid from the West playing for an Eastern States team - a sign of desperation rather than building your own list . . .

Yep exactly. Someone who's good enough that you can't ignore or leave open. Job done.

Is that Treacy? We'll find out this year.
Cox would be pretty handy in that role. Hopefully Chappy gets on the park as I think Draper would be a tough much up forward with his size & mobility. Also depends on how McDonald goes.

I think we can manipulate our squad & cover forward & I’d rather use our 1st rounders, whether with a trade or draft & pick up some midfield speed & a mercurial small forward. I see those as more of a need with how our list sits currently.

Why would Freo give up 2 firsts for Logan? Cameron 6 years ago maybe - probably be better to use the firsts on decent kids. If it was Freo playing tonight and someone like Treacy played that game The Worst would be calling it "a pathetic effort" and calling for him to be dropped. I reckon people have stars in their eyes when it comes to a kid from the West playing for an Eastern States team - a sign of desperation rather than building your own list . . .

Yes, bang on! Let's see how he goes this year. As much as I like the thought of a gun kpf to help Amiss. He has a long way to go.

If Freo nail a small forward and winger with class to their list they may end up with a much better list

Cox would be pretty handy in that role. Hopefully Chappy gets on the park as I think Draper would be a tough much up forward with his size & mobility. Also depends on how McDonald goes.

I think we can manipulate our squad & cover forward & I’d rather use our 1st rounders, whether with a trade or draft & pick up some midfield speed & a mercurial small forward. I see those as more of a need with how our list sits currently.
100% agree. Blowing our load on McDonald would be a mistake. We have a one time opportunity here with those 3 first rounders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back