Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Pickett, Bolton

Votes: 63 16.8%
  • Pickett, Warner, Winder and Richards

Votes: 4 1.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I have no inside knowledge, but I guy I know very well has been saying Switta and Sturt have been on the way out for about three months now. He has had some good inside info in the past but also some garbage.

Whatever that’s worth.
Pav said something strange when Acres left about top 15 or no loss.

I get the sense Freo have a strategy that if you are considered top 15 we pay good coin and if you are outside then there is a sharp drop in pay and if someone pays you more good luck.

Gold Coast have 6,13 and 20
Freo 9,10 and 17
Richmond Bolton and Rioli

Here I go:

GC give 6, 20 get Rioli and 17 left with 13,17 values Rioli at ~8

Freo give 9,10,17 get Bolton, 20 and Richmond’s future 2nd values Bolton at ~4

Richmond give Bolton, Rioli future 2nd get 6,9,10

Sprinkle all sorts of later round picks or later round future picks around.

We still have a pick in the first round albeit the last one.

The alternative is sub out 10 for our future first, which would clearly be preferred but I think Tigers will go hard at 9 and 10.

Maybe swap 17 with our future first.

Thoughts?

For us - it means giving up 9 and 10. A 3 pick downgrade late in the first round. Getting Bolton and Richmond’s future 2nd.
I would love to try and keep a pick in top 15 to try and get a bit of that high end quality to complete our list. Doesn’t seem like we will have many spots to fill so picks in 20s don’t seem that interesting. Wouldn’t want to trade out our first next year seems to mess with teams karma.

Seems like Brisbane and GC could be interested in trading out of later first round as they would likely lose matching bids anyway.

Pav said something strange when Acres left about top 15 or no loss.

I get the sense Freo have a strategy that if you are considered top 15 we pay good coin and if you are outside then there is a sharp drop in pay and if someone pays you more good luck.
**** that.
We need to improve the bottom 5-8 players. Can’t just hoping for some cute trades in JOM and Sharp to replace Acres, Meek, Logie, Mundy. That means going 2 steps back before 1 step forward

We dont value Brodie, Sturt, Erasmus or Switta ? But value JOM for 4 years? That’s rotten.

**** that.
We need to improve the bottom 5-8 players. Can’t just hoping for some cute trades in JOM and Sharp to replace Acres etc.

We dont value Brodie, Sturt, Erasmus or Switta ? But value JOM for 4 years? That’s rotten.
Only with Hawthorn paying quite large coin though. He could be on low money.

Call me crazy, but with Bolton wanting to come back to specifically play for Freo, why are we contemplating loading up a swag of our first rounders? Yes, he’s a very good player and in a position we desperately need, but I look at the Cerra trade where he selected Carltank, was a high performing very early draft pick and we gave him away for a single first rounder and chips. Why is Bolton worth so much more than that?
He is not.
I believe Richmond might have realized how bad his contract has been for them.
Getting him out will be a huge bonus for them.

The thing is, (and I need to do a post up on the DTFA board), a lot of people are simply passing on information they get.

That info can be distorted through someone else's perception, or hopes.

Information can also change hourly, let alone weekly, as clubs and players pivot. So info that was right yesterday, can look silly tomorrow.

We just need to give people the benefit of the doubt, it's not often that people troll for the sake of it. (and those that do get found out pretty quickly).

Treat them with grace, take it with a grain of salt, and more people may be inclined to share the hints and tips they receive.
Informatiin from who? It certainly wouldn't be from people close to the club.
Rumour and innuendo are not information.
But, I guess it floats some boats.

Call me crazy, but with Bolton wanting to come back to specifically play for Freo, why are we contemplating loading up a swag of our first rounders? Yes, he’s a very good player and in a position we desperately need, but I look at the Cerra trade where he selected Carltank, was a high performing very early draft pick and we gave him away for a single first rounder and chips. Why is Bolton worth so much more than that?

He’s very good, right age, right position of need, and he’s a local who’s dad played for Freo and Peel. And he wants to come here.
We will pay overs if we have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cerra trade was reasonable at the time maybe a second round pick as well. Looks very vanilla now though especially compared to top shelf Bolton. Question is can Bolton reach those heights again.

He’s very good, right age, right position of need, and he’s a local who’s dad played for Freo and Peel. And he wants to come here.
We will pay overs if we have to.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hate to hear it, but I know you’re right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s not our fault Bolton wants to leave. Why should we have to cough up our good draft hand? Pass on the bloke. He isn’t worth two of our first rounders, let alone three!
That’s not going to happen. The reason he has chosen us is because we’ve already promised him we’ll do what we can to make a deal.
For us supporters he is a proven X factor that we don’t have & is guaranteed to make us better.
Edit, I’m pretty sure it is partly our fault he wants to leave.

Sturt must be leaving - why has he not signed ? Injury prone but I’d prefer he stayed

Swit I’m not sure, kind of always annoyed me but was good at times this year

Banfield should have been delisted sorry he’s not afl standard
Sturt is 100% weighing his options up, can you blame him, likely waiting on the money factor.

None of this means he's leaving, he's just doing his due dilligence.

Switta contracted to 2026? Yeah I’ll be hanging onto him unless we get overs. Richmond wants every pick under the sun for Bolton allegedly..would want a Shultz like trade for Switta. Not sure of Swittas destination? But he was Box Hill so..

As for Sturt. He is a great kick for goal but besides that adds little for mine. I would rather hang onto him but we can’t get bent over $ wise.

Switta contracted to 2026? Yeah I’ll be hanging onto him unless we get overs. Richmond wants every pick under the sun for Bolton allegedly..would want a Shultz like trade for Switta. Not sure of Swittas destination? But he was Box Hill so..

As for Sturt. He is a great kick for goal but besides that adds little for mine. I would rather hang onto him but we can’t get bent over $ wise.
Easily worth 4-500 for what he brings to our list. We need to add 2 goals a game, not lose them.

You know when your watching Cameron, Stengle, Pickett one out with defender and you just think, yeah, that defender is ****ed? Have you thought about anyone in our team since Ballas? We need another forward threat. Bolton is going to be massive for our transition and forward threat.

Depth is also the easiest position to fill out, half of it is coaching and using players properly.

That’s not going to happen. The reason he has chosen us is because we’ve already promised him we’ll do what we can to make a deal.
For us supporters he is a proven X factor that we don’t have & is guaranteed to make us better.
Edit, I’m pretty sure it is partly our fault he wants to leave.
If we lose Switta and Sturt we won't be better overall.

You know when your watching Cameron, Stengle, Pickett one out with defender and you just think, yeah, that defender is ****ed? Have you thought about anyone in our team since Ballas? We need another forward threat. Bolton is going to be massive for our transition and forward threat.

Depth is also the easiest position to fill out, half of it is coaching and using players properly.
100%. We need multiple threats up forward so their defence shit themselves when it comes in hot.

Bolton would be a good addition. Dangerfield at the same age effectively cost Geelong 9 and 28. I would suggest Dangerfield comparatively a more valuable player.
Bolton will be 26 next year and most AFL players don't go much past 30 and if they do they generally are on the decline. Mundys are the exception not the rule. Our list is youthful and strong - we don't need to squander picks in desperation. No way should we go more than one first plus trimmings.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Management thread - Trade Targets

Back