List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

so I'm assuming Luko is a done deal?

Are we basically replacing Keane and the maybe retired Tex for Luko?

would Luko play forward, defense or Wing for us?
One could assume if we're at the stage of sending Nicks up to try and convince him to move over we've had some sort of discussion with the Suns on what the cost would be.

One could assume if we're at the stage of sending Nicks up to try and convince him to move over we've had some sort of discussion with the Suns on what the cost would be.
Don’t have an issue in recruiting Lukosius, I just hope we have a very good mid also lined up.

Reportedly Burgess went up there as well so more likely it was due diligence from our part than to convince Lukosius to move, he is already contracted so if he didn't want to move then nothing would have happened.

Don’t have an issue in recruiting Lukosius, I just hope we have a very good mid also lined up.
Our Pick 4 for Draper and Luko for F2 would be a good haul to start with.

AFL being weak on fixing the draft farce means Brisbane again get a pick 1/2 for a bag of junk picks. These are gifts that set teams (looking at you Pies, Brisbane and Dogs) up for the next 10-12 years to the detriment of every other team. Pathetic amateur AFL, caved in to a handful of whining clubs, should have been fixed before the JUH debacle. AFL wanted to give their Queensland darlings yet another leg up!

We've got pick 4 locked in, but Ashcroft will push it to pick 5, same diff, we'll get to choose the fourth best non aligned mid. If Draper is there at pick 5 do we take him or are we likely to be tempted by one of the Vics? three of them will be gone by our pick.

I'm feeling confident we are in for a good draft and trade period to finally propel us up the ladder, despite the NFI moron Nicks being there for another two seasons.

AFL being weak on fixing the draft farce means Brisbane again get a pick 1/2 for a bag of junk picks. These are gifts that set teams (looking at you Pies, Brisbane and Dogs) up for the next 10-12 years to the detriment of every other team. Pathetic amateur AFL, caved in to a handful of whining clubs, should have been fixed before the JUH debacle. AFL wanted to give their Queensland darlings yet another leg up!

We've got pick 4 locked in, but Ashcroft will push it to pick 5, same diff, we'll get to choose the fourth best non aligned mid. If Draper is there at pick 5 do we take him or are we likely to be tempted by one of the Vics? three of them will be gone by our pick.

I'm feeling confident we are in for a good draft and trade period to finally propel us up the ladder, despite the NFI moron Nicks being there for another two seasons.
I get your point, but don't forget that Kangas are flush with mids & may select the interceptor defender Luke Trainor, so only two of those mids may have gone by our pick & it will still be a smorgasbord!!!

Yep but not enough good ones , he’s tried to draft midfielders but hasn’t landed many

Our most effective guys in centre square were traded in ie Dawson and Rankine

What an indictment on our recruiting team, our two best mids in year 5 of our rebuild are two guys we have traded in.

Our entire recruitment team needs to be sacked before this years draft, enough is enough.

Fox Footy saying that Luko is worth a 2nd rounder in the 20s.
Happy with that assessment - not because it suits us but because given all the factors it seems about right

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Happy with that assessment - not because it suits us but because given all the factors it seems about right

It does but I think it will be our future first with other pick swaps in our favour.

If we can combine the Keane, Berry and Himmleberg picks into something decent then that is also an option.

I don't know enough about next year's draft as to how valuable our F1 is. If I was Gold Coast you would have us on the edge of the top 8 so it would be a reasnoble pick.

It does but I think it will be our future first with other pick swaps in our favour.

If we can combine the Keane, Berry and Himmleberg picks into something decent then that is also an option.

I don't know enough about next year's draft as to how valuable our F1 is. If I was Gold Coast you would have us on the edge of the top 8 so it would be a reasnoble pick.
If Nicks remains our future 1st is valuable.

Keane will stay, Berry decision is all about maximising his next contract

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fox Footy saying that Luko is worth a 2nd rounder in the 20s.

what a laughable assessment

GC simply won’t do that deal, they don’t have to do that deal

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

second round pick, or a pack of second round picks doesn’t get it done

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

Unless they need the cap room.

Lets not forgot that they gave Bowers (former top 10 pick) and pick 7 to Geelong for a 3rd rounder just to create some more cap.

I would imagine they are not also as concerned with tying draft capital to value considering they have been given 47,000 first round draft picks over the past 15 years.

He walks out of the club, and his management says he doesn't want to come back?

They clearly don't value him, and have dumped him from the side?

They have $700k or so tied up in him?

He's worth what he's worth - and that is the value of a player who's possibly not first 22.

He's maybe worth what Ratogolea went for.

Not thesedays if a player wants out and specifically requests a trade. Club has virtually no wiggle room.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back