Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 35 17.8%
  • No

Votes: 162 82.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

3rd hand information so take it with a grain of salt, but apparently Luko has all but agreed to terms and will request a trade to Port once finals are over. Likes the idea of a consistent forward roll given they are struggling for options at the moment.

This supposedly comes from someone connected to Alberton.

Personally I would have liked to grab him. I know it's on big money for a couple of years, but you wear it and take a punt.
I don't see why port being in finals would stop him from him putting in a request to leave which is what has always made me doubt its that simple. Luko also doesn't seem to suit them that well, he's more of the same type of key forward they already have.

He can still request a trade but not nominate a club like Bailey Smith ( we all know Geelong but they are still in finals) That's what makes me think he hasn't decided on destination.

I still am interested in how Port can satisfy a trade for Luko if Houston stays.

I double checked the rules and you're supposed to draft two first rounders every four years.

Port drafted Josh Synn in 2021

2022 first round traded
2023 first round traded
2024 first round traded
2025 ?

Even if JHF counts as a pick that's still only 1 player in the last four years.

Nicks loves Butts (yeah, chortle) but assume there's genuine fears about his longevity given his foot injuries. Doubt another club would want to trade for an average stopper with no kicking skills (though Jake Kelly did go to Essendon) who is under injury clouds.
Another Adelaide Big footy fallacy...Butts kicking efficiency in 2024 was 84.3%

Mick Murray KE 76.5%
Mark Keane KE 79.3%
Josh Worrel KE 83.2%
Brodie Smith KE 67.7%
Max Michalanney 75.5%
Hugh Bond KE 63.6%

Another Adelaode Big footy fallacy...Butts kicking efficiency in 2024 was 84.3%

Mick Murray KE 76.5%
Mark Keane KE 79.3%
Josh Worrel KE 83.2%
Brodie Smith KE 67.7%
Max Michalanney 75.5%
Hugh Bond KE 63.6%
Show me the numbers for kicks longer than 15 metres

Show me the numbers for kicks longer than 15 metres
His job has usually been to shutdown the oppo's best KPF's and he's done that pretty effectively when he's not playing with obvious niggles. How many times have key forwards got away from him?

I still think Bailey Smith is considering Gold Coast and that's why he hasn't named Geelong as club of choice, as his real desire is to get out of the Kennel at any cost.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still think Bailey Smith is considering Gold Coast and that's why he hasn't named Geelong as club of choice, as his real desire is to get out of the Kennel at any cost.
Assuming the preparedness by GC to trade Lukosius is in part due to a Salary Dump .....and given they're getting Daniel Rioli, it's hard to see GC being able to afford Smith

Plus, he's been pretty forthright about not leaving Victoria

Mick Murray KE 76.5%
Mark Keane KE 79.3%
Josh Worrel KE 83.2%
Brodie Smith KE 67.7%
Max Michalanney 75.5%
Hugh Bond KE 63.6%
I thought one of Butts big areas of improvement this year was being aggressive with his kicks, rather than just a Jake Kelly style "take the safest down the line option" every time.

Had a few times this year where he was pushing further up the field and managing to hit targets by foot that he probably wouldn't have tried last year.

Mick Murray KE 76.5%
Mark Keane KE 79.3%
Josh Worrel KE 83.2%
Brodie Smith KE 67.7%
Max Michalanney 75.5%
Hugh Bond KE 63.6%
Butts accuracy isn't the issue... rather he usually moves the ball slower & takes a safer option as he works within his limitations.

Butts accuracy isn't the issue... rather he usually moves the ball slower & takes a safer option as he works within his limitations.
He doesn't have an issue, he's doing what's required of him by the coaches, his No.1 job is shutdown the oppo's most dangerous KPF's which he does effectively especially considering how much ball's been incoming from further up field.

Have a listen to Luke Hodge's comments about Chol and big FWD's in general .....just echo's my thoughts on "Soft" bigmen to a tee

We may have dodged a bullet on Chol ....there was a reason GC got rid of him, after trading him in from RICH

Now it seems GC are getting rid of Lukosius .....I'm sure there are some similarities, as an elite kick doesn't compensate, if you can't win your own ball in a Final

Listen from 18 min 15 sec

Where in that comment did I say that?

What draft capital?, they have a 2nd this year and future picks. Plenty to get it done. Perryman likely also goes there and if they auction off Houston like it seems they are trying to ad get a top 10 pick and extras maybe, they will also get one of the better mids in this draft..or maybe a Will day projecting type in Travaglia?

We will get our top end mid, draft someone with 27 and get Welsh who is very much a project and ANB as others have said purely by accident. If we have missed Cumming and Luko, then its hard to argue Port having the stronger offseason if the cards fall that way.

IF and its an IF they do fall something like that, even more reason to sack whoever is running our trade arm as they would have talked a big game 2 years running and ended up sucking their thumbs
previous comment. dont make me quote you.

I still am interested in how Port can satisfy a trade for Luko if Houston stays.

I double checked the rules and you're supposed to draft two first rounders every four years.

Port drafted Josh Synn in 2021

2022 first round traded
2023 first round traded
2024 first round traded
2025 ?

Even if JHF counts as a pick that's still only 1 player in the last four years.

They can give GC a future 2nd. GC are posturing, they will take anything late in the trade period.

I think there will be no interest in Lukosius in Victoria.

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back