List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
what a laughable assessment

GC simply won’t do that deal, they don’t have to do that deal

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

second round pick, or a pack of second round picks doesn’t get it done

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
What? Schache who was a previous pick 2 got traded for pick 25 and 40 while under contract.

what a laughable assessment

GC simply won’t do that deal, they don’t have to do that deal

you need to pay to get a player out if a club when he’s under contract, especially a player who is a high draft pick

second round pick, or a pack of second round picks doesn’t get it done
If that doesn't get it done, then they're stuck with him - because I can't see any club being stupid enough to offer more than that for a soft, flakey 3rd tall, who Dimma doesn't want in his team.

Don't forget that it takes 2 to make a deal, and both have to agree on it. Adelaide should be quite comfortable with walking away if GC's demands are unrealistic. Luko isn't a good/important enough player to even contemplate paying "overs".

The fact that he was a high draft pick 6 years ago is irrelevant. After 6 years, the only thing that matters is the player's on-field performance... and Luko's is sadly lacking.

Luko's value is (at best) 1x 2nd round pick, preferably as late in the 2nd round as we can go. There's a decent case for only offering a 3rd round pick, and Dimma would probably accept it.

If that doesn't get it done, then they're stuck with him - because I can't see any club being stupid enough to offer more than that for a soft, flakey 3rd tall, who Dimma doesn't want in his team.

Don't forget that it takes 2 to make a deal, and both have to agree on it. Adelaide should be quite comfortable with walking away if GC's demands are unrealistic. Luko isn't a good/important enough player to even contemplate paying "overs".

The fact that he was a high draft pick 6 years ago is irrelevant. After 6 years, the only thing that matters is the player's on-field performance... and Luko's is sadly lacking.

Luko's value is (at best) 1x 2nd round pick, preferably as late in the 2nd round as we can go. There's a decent case for only offering a 3rd round pick, and Dimma would probably accept it.
Accept a third round pick? Oh Vader

Schache was a complete dud and was traded for overs
Well, some poster also think Lukosius is a "dud" and my respond was to a poster saying you need to pay for someone who is contracted especially when he was a high draft pick. If Schache was offer then we should offer GCS a 3rd rounder.....

Jack Lukosius reminds me of Jack Watts.

But seriously, IF Luko comes out and states he wants out and specifically wants a trade to Adelaide - GC have little bargaining power other than 'holding him' to his contract.

Fine - but realistically this rarely happens, teams simply don't want mentally checked out players who have publicly said they want out. Dimma isn't keeping him and his salary to run around in the 2's when they are likely have to pay a big contract to Daniel Rioli and all their gun Academy picks in a few years. It just isn't smart business by them.

Given the ridiculous trades they have done in recent years - a future 2nd is reasonable market value given what he's done this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS are pretty annoyingly well run.
I know they usually have a lot of picks to use, but their development might be best in the league. Miles better than ours

In fact, their successful development (together with them seemingly losing a couple of best 22 guys each year) is probably the reason they have access to so many good picks

So - let's say North ends up with pick 2 and we have pick 4.

Would we be Interested in a pick swap? And what would we offer?
Good question. It would guarantee Draper or FOS for us at 2. Pick 4, possibly. So a pick swap. IF we were absolutely wedded to Draper and were scared WCE were going to take him, then i would do this as it could get us Dodson as well.

Crows
In: picks 2 and 22.
Out: picks 4 and f1

North
In: 4 & f1
Out: 2 & 22.

I guess north are still going to get the guy they probably like at 4 and upgrade their 2nd this year to a f1 next year.

I am sure Mutineer & Jeffcrowe could throw some names at us at pick 22 that would be good gets this year. But ultimately its a pay for guaranteeing that player we really covet this year at next years expense

Last edited:
Lachlan GOAT Murphy is now entering the top fifty of all-time games played for the Adelaide Crows...
classic-actor-jack-nicholson-blinking-his-eyes-2buxkktiihnrh7sb.gif

grimace-clint-eastwood.gif

While I was driving into work this week I was listening to Roo on the radio

He said very seriously "How does the insurance policy on Taylor Swifts legs work?"

Ditts said "If anything happens to her legs she will get a payout, its like any other insurance policy"

Roo "Ohhhh"

Then it hit me, this bloke is my clubs football director.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.

While I was driving into work this week I was listening to Roo on the radio

He said very seriously "How does the insurance policy on Taylor Swifts legs work?"

Ditts said "If anything happens to her legs she will get a payout, its like any other insurance policy"

Roo "Ohhhh"

Then it hit me, this bloke is my clubs football director.
Not the sharpest tool in the shed.
Who do we have in a senior management role at AFC you would say is smart?

There in lies why we are a mediocre club & need to bring in quality people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back