List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

You basically have 4 players, and 3 positions for them to play. The fundamental assumption here has to be that Fog, TT & Luko would be expected to play every game, and Tex around 1/2 - 2/3 of all games. That works well if one of the first 3 gets injured, but how does it work if they don't?
That’s assuming nothing goes amiss with form and injuries

Eg this year TT misses 3 months , who’s to say someone doesn’t miss 6-12 weeks next year

And it’s also assuming that Luko is a forward ) I think he is but he might end up playing somewhere else , it’s still an unknown )

Yep Luko could easily start off on a wing then end up a forward

Not a huge diff between high half forward and wing roles

I still think he’s a forward though
Luko might not be everybody's cup of tea but I bet Thilly and Fog's eyes would light up getting on the end of some of his forward entries.

That’s assuming nothing goes amiss with form and injuries

Eg this year TT misses 3 months , who’s to say someone doesn’t miss 6-12 weeks next year

And it’s also assuming that Luko is a forward ) I think he is but he might end up playing somewhere else , it’s still an unknown )
As I said... it works fine if we have injuries. It creates huge problems if we don't.

What are the chances that we get Luko, and he, Thilthorpe and Fogarty play every game without fail? Surely there will be some injury at some point. I think Tex still has something to offer. If you think my opinion is influenced by emotion, it is. It would be utterly wrong to see him in another club's jumper. He is a legend of this club and deserves a proper farewell, wearing the tricolours. If that means being depth, so be it.

Why huge problems ?

Tex -‘ you might not play all the time next year depending on form and injuries ‘
We'd still be expecting him to play 1/2 - 2/3 of all games (for which he is available).

4 into 3 does not go => problems.

What if his back is much worst and retire half way through the season? Look at what happened to Hawkins this year.
Why are so many people incapable of reading?
You basically have 4 players, and 3 positions for them to play. The fundamental assumption here has to be that Fog, TT & Luko would be expected to play every game, and Tex around 1/2 - 2/3 of all games. That works well if one of the first 3 gets injured, but how does it work if they don't?
As I said... it works fine if we have injuries. It creates huge problems if we don't.

Why are so many people incapable of reading?
And I'm talking about the retirement of Walker. So you don't want Lukosius because you don't think playing Walker with him works? You think we are going to make Finals next year and Walker will play the entire season and re-sign for 2026?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

And I'm talking about the retirement of Walker. So you don't want Lukosius because you don't think playing Walker with him works? You think we are going to make Finals next year and Walker will play the entire season and re-sign for 2026?
If Walker is going to retire mid-season, then he should be retiring NOW. If we re-sign him, it has to be on the assumption (and his agreement) that he will play the entirety of the 2025 season.

We can't go into 2025 assuming that players will be injured, or retire early. That's just plain stupid. We can (and should) plan for contingencies where those things happen, but those contingencies should never be our Plan A.

The simple fact is that 4 into 3 doesn't go, and we would face serious problems if players don't get injured. That's not good list management.

If Walker is going to retire mid-season, then he should be retiring NOW. If we re-sign him, it has to be on the assumption (and his agreement) that he will play the entirety of the 2025 season.

We can't go into 2025 assuming that players will be injured, or retire early. That's just plain stupid. We can (and should) plan for contingencies where those things happen, but those contingencies should never be our Plan A.

The simple fact is that 4 into 3 doesn't go, and we would face serious problems if players don't get injured. That's not good list management.
Not playing for the future is shit list management. Hell, Lukosius can spend all of 2025 in the SANFL and go on Thilthorpe's strength program provided he only cost us a F2.

Young Gallagher must be under some pressure to retain his spot for any more than his current contract.

I have seen little improvement and his AFL skills have not improved much since seasons start.

His handball technique is poor and needs considerable work.. Is he willing to do this? I thought this would be something he could get under control within a season.

His kicking is OK but not at AFL level. Very loopy and soft shoe.

He runs to the wrong positions on the ground to get the ball and is struggling to get more than 4-8 possessions per game.

He looks totally foreign when he is out on the field.

He needs to work bloody hard over the summer and if he is not prepared to do this the club and he should think of parting ways.

If Luko does nominate us (which I'm still not confident on) I reckon it takes pick 27 and a F2. Which probably means we need to fork out some extra trade value for ANB, Berry being the obvious candidate. Would people be willing to essentially straight swap Berry for ANB?

I'm not convinced, still think we're lacking a defensive midfielder in our future mids setup with Bez. His form to end the season is going to be very indicative of what we do with him.

Young Gallagher must be under some pressure to retain his spot for any more than his current contract.

I have seen little improvement and his AFL skills have not improved much since seasons start.

His handball technique is poor and needs considerable work.. Is he willing to do this? I thought this would be something he could get under control within a season.

His kicking is OK but not at AFL level. Very loopy and soft shoe.

He runs to the wrong positions on the ground to get the ball and is struggling to get more than 4-8 possessions per game.

He looks totally foreign when he is out on the field.

He needs to work bloody hard over the summer and if he is not prepared to do this the club and he should think of parting ways.

I don't think our development coaches are good enough to turn guys that have never played the game into AFL players

I'm surprised Carlton haven't looked at Keane.

They have pick 30 which is about right for him, and desperately need mature key backs.
I would be pissed if we gave up pick 30 for him.
He's worth much more than that. Pick 30 is speculative at best. Keane has shown he can play at the level and can be a very good player. He's not perfect, but he's worth a lot more than 30.

Sid Draper
Alex Dodson
Jack Lukosius
Alex Neal-Bullen
Isaac Cumming

Make it happen.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back