List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Reid trades pick 4 for Phillipou he should be run out of town (he should be anyway).
Why? Phillipou has shown he can be an impactful and possibly an elite level mid at AFL level.
None of the draftees have done that yet.
I would absolutely make that trade

Why? Phillipou has shown he can be an impactful and possibly an elite level mid at AFL level.
None of the draftees have done that yet.
I would absolutely make that trade

Phillipou wasn’t taken at pick 4 in a weaker draft, why trade pick 4 in a stronger draft stacked with mids?

Keep pick 4

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It depends on whether or not they can see him developing into an AFL player. There's no point in keeping him around, even as a Cat B rookie, if they can't see him developing into a useful player in the future.
If Keane stays I think he'll likely get another year, if Keane goes not so sure.
Did show a little improvement late in the season.

Dees are likely to be very busy in trade period, with bigger trades to arrange... so they hopefully want to get ANB done quickly.

Suns on the other hand are keeping up a pretence that the $1m pa Lukosius is a required player, when the reality is he is a cap problem... so we need to hold out for a good deal or let them keep him & cause them future cap issues with re-signings.
I totally agree with the Lukosius point. The tripe about Luko not being a Bowes situation is crap. Geelong got Bowes, pick 7 and took on a $1.6 million contract. Lukosius is a $2 million contract, and borderline best 22 for the Suns. The talk should be the Crows get Lukosius and Pick 6 and the Suns get to move $2 million off of their books to help pay for Rioli.

Phillipou wasn’t taken at pick 4 in a weaker draft, why trade pick 4 in a stronger draft stacked with mids?

Keep pick 4

Phillipou isn't 20 until the last week of the year, what he's shown so far is amazing actually. If the player we take in the draft has shown as much at the same age we'd be ecstatic.

Ideal scenario we just trade for him next year.

In an ideal world, we're more or less done with the draft after this year and can turn our focus to using picks to trade in premium South Australian talent like Phillipou and NWM. Or, with 2-year future pick trading coming in next year, we can bundle up some futures to make a play for Dyson Sharp (assuming he comes on as currently projected).

Keep pick 4

1. phillipou has two years development in him - we get better quicker
2. He has exposed form - less chance of a bust
3. He is still so young that all his best years are ahead of him
4. He looks like the kind of mid we need
5. He seems very driven to succeed which frankly we could do with more of

I totally agree with the Lukosius point. The tripe about Luko not being a Bowes situation is crap. Geelong got Bowes, pick 7 and took on a $1.6 million contract. Lukosius is a $2 million contract, and borderline best 22 for the Suns. The talk should be the Crows get Lukosius and Pick 6 and the Suns get to move $2 million off of their books to help pay for Rioli.
And this is where Reid will earn his money and his career. Does he blink and give up too much? Or is he able to call their bluff and pull a good trade?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zak Johnson could very well be the Mattaes Phillipou of the 2024 draft (decent size Midfielder/Forward, shares similar traits possibly better skills, similar birthdate (24.12.2006) in regards to this draft. Leadership qualities Captaining the Northern Knights in 2024. Considering his skillset IMO he's a 1st round talent but seems to be flying under the radar.

Yeah for sure. I just can't help but think that getting a guy like Dodson will be a masterstroke in the years to come and will be well worth having traded out our F1 for. But this is apparently a strong and deep draft and we need talent now, quality talent. Trading pick 8 or 9 next year for pick 13 this year does not phase me one little bit
Mate, that is making a significant assumption that the Crows will be improving next year. Based on the historical data of the Nicks reign at AFC, there is an 80-90% chance the Crows will finish in the bottom 4. A couple of idioms come to mind; "Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat history", and, "The definition of stupid is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result". Now, the Crows as an organisation keep doing a lot of the same things over the past few years, and history keeps on repeating.

Given the top end talent available next year, and the high probability of the Crows finishing bottom 4 if the current regime remains, I have some fundamental concerns with trading a top end pick next year for a mediocre pick this year. From a statistical perspective, the Crows do not have 1 player who ranked as Elite in their respective position this year, with the closest being Rankine who missed several games either through injury or suspension.

I agree, we do need to recruit a developing ruck. To this end we could look at someone like Max Knobel who is out of contract at Fremantle, and stuck behind the likes of Darcy, Jackson, Treacy and Reidy. Knobel has had 2 years in the system, is playing league football in the WAFL, is 206cm tall, and is developing along nicely. Pluck Knobel or someone like him for a 3rd or 4th round pick, much better value than what is most likely to be a top 4 pick next year, which will most likely be enough for Dyson Sharp.

then Nixs would play him in a fwd pocket.

I think the problem is our ability to do a trade.

I’ll be amazed if ANB and Lukosis trades go smoothly. Cummings is a UFA so can’t stuff that up.

I think ANB will be straight forward.

I agree on Luko as GC copped so much criticism for that Bowes deal they can't do it again. Combine that with us pushing up Luko's contract price last negotiation means they will want to win the trade.

If the plan is to hold this year's and next year's first round then we will need to let a Berry and Keane type go and hope we can pull other picks together and move up.

I'd really rather we not waste our time with ANB, the last thing this list needs is a 28/29 year old middling pressure mid/fwd stealing game time from a young player with talent who needs development time, on the back of running where and when he's told.

If that trade costs anything more than a future third round pick and a bucket of chips I'll be disappointed.

I'd really rather we not waste our time with ANB, the last thing this list needs is a 28/29 year old middling pressure mid/fwd stealing game time from a young player with talent who needs development time, on the back of running where and when he's told.

If that trade costs anything more than a future third round pick and a bucket of chips I'll be disappointed.
He shouldn’t cost much but surely he’s taking game time away from Murphy not a younger player? We couldn’t possibly play both in the same team playing the same role

He shouldn’t cost much but surely he’s taking game time away from Murphy not a younger player? We couldn’t possibly play both in the same team playing the same role

You say that like Nicks isn't going to play both of them at the expense of someone else.

Even then, what is the point of bringing him to play instead of Murphy, when we're already asking for more game time for the players Murphy is keeping out?

He's not a positional need, he's not a great talent, and he's the wrong age profile for where our list is at, and really we should barely be bidding for him at all given our only competition is a SANFL side or staying in Melbourne.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back