List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not saying he's as good as Soligo but he's way better than Vader is trying to make him out to be, the fact he's only averaged a tad over 50% T.O.G shoots holes through Vader's analysis for starters re comparing disposal numbers.
He's only averaged that because he hasn't been damaging enough to deserve more.

If he had the ability to run and present as much as Soligo he'd be getting more minutes. But he hasn't so he doesn't.

If he had the ability to run and present as much as Soligo he'd be getting more minutes. But he hasn't so he doesn't.
Wrong again. it's because he's been activated sub 5 times and subbed off twice...seems both you and Vader for blokes that act all scholarly can't get your heads around basic mathematics.

Last edited:

If we're getting anyone to our club it should be just about an open cheque book to try and entice Andy Collins back to SA.
This bloke has done it all, top end player, successful head coach, assistant coach and now Head of Development for the Hawks. I'd take him over Neil Balme personally as a club need.

Yep it's always the player's fault and the Adelaide Football Club never, ever make mistakes with sub calls. Not once. Nosiree.

I'm not saying he's as good as Soligo but he's way better than Vader is trying to make him out to be, the fact he's only averaged a tad over 50% T.O.G shoots holes through Vader's analysis for starters re comparing disposal numbers.

But couldn't his TOG/rotations be a sign of poor endurance? (excluding times he's come off the bench)

Wrong again. it's because he's been activated sub 5 times and subbed off twice...seems both you and Vader for blokes that act all scholarly can't get your heads around basic mathematics.
... and why do you think he was made the sub in the first place? Because he isn't/wasn't good enough to demand a position in the starting team.

New episode of Gettable up explaining Academy and FS changes.

Summary:
  • NGA bid matching at any pick, introduced in the 2024 draft
  • New draft value index for F/S, Academy, NGA bids introduced in the 2025 draft, with steeper curve (10500 fewer available points per draft) and no value on picks greater than 54
  • If a club nominates a F/S player in the main draft but that player doesn't get bid on, the club will be able to pre-list that player straight onto the rookie list, introduced in the 2024 draft.
  • Trading up to two years of future picks, introduced in the 2025 draft. However clubs still need to take 2 first round selections over a four year period
  • Rookies can stay on the rookie list for up to 5 years provided they play less than 10 AFL games
  • Trading of mid-season draft picks, implemented as live trading at the mid-season draft, introduced in the 2026 season
  • Free agency compensation will factor in length of contract, beginning this year, with deals between 3 and 5 years adding points to the compensation formula. Deals longer than 5 years will not add further compensation.
  • No pick purchasing

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Summary:
  • NGA bid matching at any pick, introduced in the 2024 draft
  • New draft value index for F/S, Academy, NGA bids introduced in the 2025 draft, with steeper curve and no value on picks greater than 54
  • If a club nominates a F/S player in the main draft but that player doesn't get bid on, the club will be able to pre-list that player straight onto the rookie list
  • Trading up to two years of future picks, introduced in the 2025 draft. However clubs still need to take 2 first round selections over a four year period
  • Rookies can stay on the rookie list for up to 5 years provided they play less than 10 AFL games
  • Trading of mid-season draft picks, introduced in the 2026 season
  • Free agency compensation will factor in length of contract, beginning this year, with deals between 3 and 5 years adding points to the compensation formula. Deals longer than 5 years will not add further compensation.
  • No pick purchasing
Hey .. just quickly, was pick purchasing the scenario where clubs could essentially buy picks and take on some of another clubs player payments?

Hey .. just quickly, was pick purchasing the scenario where clubs could essentially buy picks and take on some of another clubs player payments?

Yeah it was a proposed system of trading a pick to another club to get that club to take on salary payments, with no players exchanged

Disagree.

Hasn't played most of his football in the middle & when he has he has played some decent football.... but has been inconsistent, which you expect for a younger player.

Has spent most of his games in the forward line or as sub.

If we're getting anyone to our club it should be just about an open cheque book to try and entice Andy Collins back to SA.
This bloke has done it all, top end player, successful head coach, assistant coach and now Head of Development for the Hawks. I'd take him over Neil Balme personally as a club need.
Would he have enough clout and be strong enough to tell the entire club, including Roo that they are doing everything wrong? Will they listen to him or try and bend him to the 'Crows way'?

That's why I want Balme. He was more standing than Roo and as such is likely to be listened to (also the reason we seem to be avoiding him I suspect).

Would he have enough clout and be strong enough to tell the entire club, including Roo that they are doing everything wrong? Will they listen to him or try and bend him to the 'Crows way'?

That's why I want Balme. He was more standing than Roo and as such is likely to be listened to (also the reason we seem to be avoiding him I suspect).
I'm sure he would, he's absolutely no shrinking violet.

Experience is valuable when it has a positive impact on the young players around them

I'm not sure ROB, Laird, Smith, Crouch, Milera, Murphy... make players around them better.

Do they influence younger players positively? Do they have a calming influence through their own assured performances on match day? Provide direction?

I see Dawson and Walker directing players on match day. Doedee did. Not much from the others.
I think we value off-field leadership much more than on-field. Good guys who train hard who get held up as "the standard" to the younger kids as how hard they need to work to be an AFL player.

It's fine to have some of them in the mix, but that seems to be what we build the majority of our leadership around. Very few guys who perform as on-field leaders, especially since Tex was moved out of the leadership group/captain spot.

Note that Roo is off the board in 12 months anyway

I think we value off-field leadership much more than on-field. Good guys who train hard who get held up as "the standard" to the younger kids as how hard they need to work to be an AFL player.

It's fine to have some of them in the mix, but that seems to be what we build the majority of our leadership around. Very few guys who perform as on-field leaders, especially since Tex was moved out of the leadership group/captain spot.
Performing leaders this year are only Dawson , Keays and Fog

Let’s hope that’s the leadership group next year and not any others !

Performing leaders this year are only Dawson , Keays and Fog

Let’s hope that’s the leadership group next year and not any others !
I’d keep Hinge in, too

I’d keep it at 5 and maybe include Muz, gives us leadership personnel in all areas of the ground

I’d keep Hinge in, too

I’d keep it at 5 and maybe include Muz, gives us leadership personnel in all areas of the ground
I'd go 2025 leadership group:

(C) - Dawson
(VC) - Fogarty and Rankine
(DVC) - Keays and Hinge

Give Murray chance to get a full season in 2025 without any further responsibility. Likely to be there in 2026.

Michalanney and Soligo two younger players to develop over next three years and potentially takeover from Keays, Rankine and Hinge.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back