List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Thank god we aren’t getting him

Playing domino’s here…

With likely Tassie team in 28, teams like Tiges will be desperate to go hard the next couple of years to rebuild due to compromised drafts etc. Get say 3 years of elite top 10 players BEFORE Tassie enters,

I reckon Tiges will go full rebuild here now getting FA pick for Graham (band 2 or 3?), trade Baker for a strong first round pick (minimum) and look to offload Rioli to Suns for perhaps 2 first rounders or close to (still contracted for 2-3 more years). Rioli will cost $ and heavy draft picks and Suns although well placed this year also have Academy players this year and next and massive young talent needing to be paid over coming years.

Meaning at times out of favour Luko on big $ is likely on offer IMO end of the year. I would give up a maximum F1 WITH a Suns second coming back to us (or could be cheaper). Drafting Draper, trading for Luko (Rankine and Dawson have been so amazingly better with us vs initial team - good development? haha) hopefully 1-2 half decent OOC or FA is the way I would go. Needing more experience now as our older players (Sloane gone, Tex, Smith, Laird) are all slowing

TRADED or FREE AGENT
Elliot Himmelberg - free agent GWS
Sam Berry - traded
Mark Keane - traded

RETIRED
Brodie Smith
Rory Sloane

DELISTED
Ned McHenry
Lachlan Gollant
[Patrick Parnell (R)]

MOVES TO ROOKIE LIST
Keiran Strachan (or whoever)

FIRED
Scott Burns
Michael Godden
Adam Kelly

Seven main list changes

ARRIVALS
Harry Perryman/Isaac Cumming - Free Agent
Caleb Daniel - nothing pick
Developing Ruckman - future second
Three top 30 picks
Tyler Welsh - scraps from draft

Hayden Skipworth - Head of Football
Ben Rutten – Senior Assistant Coach
Brett Montgomery - Forwards Coach
Neil Balme - Claude the Crow
You should start emailing the club :) very worthy proposed changes

I'd go 2025 leadership group:

(C) - Dawson
(VC) - Fogarty and Rankine
(DVC) - Keays and Hinge

Give Murray chance to get a full season in 2025 without any further responsibility. Likely to be there in 2026.

Michalanney and Soligo two younger players to develop over next three years and potentially takeover from Keays, Rankine and Hinge.
Rankine is an elite player but what leadership qualities has he got? Has he captained under age teams etc. very big difference between elite playing ability and leadership qualities

Rankine is an elite player but what leadership qualities has he got? Has he captained under age teams etc. very big difference between elite playing ability and leadership qualities
Especially with us

We should maybe look at narrowing the gap

You are risking another top 4 pick with Nicks likely to get sacked next year for pick 11 which will probably end up being pick 13 after bids????
That’s the price you pay for accelerating development, teams don’t like to push back draft picks unless they’re getting good face value

Especially with us

We should maybe look at narrowing the gap
Yes agreed but leadership is normally an inherent trait so not that easy to turn say a non natural leader (perhaps Rankine is a good example here) rather than drafting or trading for natural leaders. Draper as SA captain and from what I understand is a natural leader and likely elite player

Over the years we mainly have had both natural leaders and elite players at the same time - Roo, Goody, Tex, Sloane (at his best), Danger etc. VB the obvious exception and agree it’s an issue now when you look at our extended leadership group with very marginal players in there (we all know the 2-3)

That’s the price you pay for accelerating development, teams don’t like to push back draft picks unless they’re getting good face value
I wouldn't call drafting a draftee a year apart as accelerating development especially with a change of senior coach, if it's for pick 5 or 6 then sure but for what will essentially be pick 13 is way too high price.

You are risking another top 4 pick with Nicks likely to get sacked next year for pick 11 which will probably end up being pick 13 after bids????
You think we're going to go backwards again?

I think every rebuilding team has gone two steps forward and one step back. I'd be absolutely expecting us to be in the 7 - 12 range next year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I wouldn't call drafting a draftee a year apart as accelerating development especially with a change of senior coach, if it's for pick 5 or 6 then sure but for what will essentially be pick 13 is way too high price.
If you go through some of the pick trades involving F1’s from year’s past, you’ll find the current pick being traded is lower than what the presumed value of the F1 is

If there’s someone we really like in that range, it’s a hypothetical trade we could consider. A risk? Sure, but these kinds of deals aren’t unprecedented

Its not 13th. It will be the 11th best player available to us.

This is a draft that's much stronger than usual at the mid to late first round. We'd get a very good player there, and we'd have him the system.

Its not 13th. It will be the 11th best player available to us.

This is a draft that's much stronger than usual at the mid to late first round. We'd get a very good player there, and we'd have him the system.
It will still be the best 13th player in the draft, sure it's a very deep draft this year but do you think pick 13 will be the same as a top 4 pick next year?

That's why I said replace him with Soligo/Michalanney when theyre ready.
Ultimately you either lead by example (being very good to elite) or through your ability to assist the collective through off the ground leadership.
Izak is now getting to the stage where is one of a very, very small group of top end players at our club and the alternatives just aren't there - so that's why I nominate him.
Let his football lead us and inspire us.

I'm not doing 2025 first for Pick 11. I don't see us being top 8 next year so pick is likely to still be 6 or 7 next year.
I'd want GCs pick 6, or someone like Phillipou for that value.

Yeah I think so. Maybe we’d have to add Melb’s 2nd too, though (for Lombard points)

Would get us into Joe Berry territory (best small forward available in the draft pool)
man that a very risky trade.....i understand this years group is top notch and a very good top 25-30 but giving away a potential top 5 pick next year AND Dees second rounder which is becoming more valuable as there season has tanked just feels too much IMO. Dees second rounder (before Academy /FS etc) likely 25-27 so gets us within that range of getting another quality player likely BEFORE Welsh bid

man that a very risky trade.....i understand this years group is top notch and a very good top 20-30 but giving away a potential top 5 pick next year AND Dees second rounder which is becoming more valuable as there season has tanked just feels too much IMO
Yeah I'm not too enthused about the idea.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back