List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe, I was thinking up 2 spots and then trade our second down a few spots, more like the 2023 GWS without the future 2nd involved.

If west Coast take Draper we'll just cop it I guess, like we do every year in this rebuild.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
No, we wouldn't be "copping it" at all. Acknowledging that there are 5 or 6 mids as talented as Draper we'd simply draft one of them - most probably Finn O'Sullivan or Sam Lalor. Would posters please not pin their colours to the Draper flag blindly. He's excellent, but so are the others in that top group.

No, we wouldn't be "copping it" at all. Acknowledging that there are 5 or 6 mids as talented as Draper we'd simply draft one of them - most probably Finn O'Sullivan or Sam Lalor. Would posters please not pin their colours to the Draper flag blindly. He's excellent, but so are the others in that top group.
Don't tell me not to like the SA boy. You don't know who will end up being the best player either. FOS or Lalor could amount to something, or not.

Doesn't this apply equally to Draper?
Correct. He is very good at this point of his development. Mick Malthouse stated on the weekend that every recent premiership team has more than one mid bull - we don't have any do we? Or maybe Charlie Edwards & the much talked about Dan Curtin may become those role players.

Doesn't this apply equally to Draper?
Yes, but when we don't know, and there's 7-8 to midfielders in the draft, I'm hoping we get the SA lad and he works out.
I'm not wedded to him and have seen enough drafts to know that so many don't make it.
I won't melt if we take FOS or Lalor, I'd be pretty happy, but if Draper is taken at 3 I'd be annoyed.

Last edited:
Yes, but when we don't know, and there's 7-8 to midfielders in the draft, I'm hoping we get the SA lad and he works out.
I'm not wedded to him and have seen enough drafts to know that so many don't make it.
I won't melt if we take FOS or Lalor, if be pretty happy, but of Draper is taken at 3 of be annoyed.

Same
I think if we can get any of Draper, Lalor, Smillie, O’Sullivan, Reid I’d be happy

Maybe even 2 if can get that GC pick

Need to find a way into top 20 again to get Dodson we must go all out

dont think this club needs anymore frustrating footballers like lukosius. he could be a star, but seems content with playing footy in second gear. doesnt seem to have the drive and certainly has no mongrel in him. unless we got him dirt cheap i wouldnt be interested.

Every year we (BigFooty) seem to get fixated on an SA youngster. It's not unusual for them to not become the player everyone thought.
Need to keep our options open.

Agree. I think it makes sense to draft outside of SA with the 3 year contracts for first rounders now. Then try to lure SA kids home.

We have zero success attracting stars from interstate unless they're born here.

Rach/Soligo/Worrell with long term contracts worked. Traded Rankine, Dawson in.

I think it's both - he doesn't get enough of it, and he doesn't use it well when he does get it.
And yet Murphy has 100 games and parks in the leadership carpark at the club.

You make a fair argument but I'd keep Berry. Not for what he's done previously, but for what he offers over the next few years. With Laird falling off the cliff and Crouch injury prone, Berry provides the next best in and under midfield player at this stage. I'm conservative in writing him off as some players blossom later. And in a better club environment. A new coach might do for Berry what moving out of Brisbane did for Hinge and Keays. Maybe?? 🤔

I feel we have more obvious dead wood to prune this year than Sam Berry.

Poster on the hawks board and another on the saints board saying Battle has re-signed with St Kilda. I have no way of verifying either but great news for you guys and your 1R pick if this is the case.
Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.

But while you're here...and random question without notice.

Would you trade your first rounder this year for Dan Curtin? Just asking for a friend.🙄

He’s also played 20 odd games. Sorry but no one makes the leadership group that early in their career.
I could only agree with this if I believed that the AFC have a tacit hierarchy of seniority based on years of service. Oh wait... it's exactly what we do.

The best leader is the best leader, even if he happens to be younger, less experienced and has jumped the queue past the "good ol boys".

I hadn't considered Worrell for a leadership role but I guess it's feasible. Not sure ATM.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds good. Thanks for the heads up.

But while you're here...and random question without notice.

Would you trade your first rounder this year for Dan Curtin? Just asking for a friend.🙄
It’s clear last year YES, but this year NO. Nicks has absolutely tanked not only his confidence but his value relative to last year. According to the ladder predictor I have WCE finishing 17th and Crows 15th. I think Draper is the best fit for both our midfields and we’ll both be after him. I don’t think the Crows will look to trade Curtin but the best deal for the Crows I can see that involves Curtin (and I’m not sure WCE would do it) would be:

Crows OUT: Pick 4, Curtin
Crows IN: Pick 2, 22, Barnett

That may ruffle a few feathers in both camps but that’s the reality after the behaviour of your f****t coach and that’s best case scenario.

Freo have 3 1R picks to work with and might place less value on them so you might be able to squeeze a better deal out of them. Collingwood’s pick 8 for Curtin and pick 27 for example.

It’s clear last year YES, but this year NO. Nicks has absolutely tanked not only his confidence but his value relative to last year. According to the ladder predictor I have WCE finishing 17th and Crows 15th. I think Draper is the best fit for both our midfields and we’ll both be after him. I don’t think the Crows will look to trade Curtin but the best deal for the Crows I can see that involves Curtin (and I’m not sure WCE would do it) would be:

That may ruffle a few feathers in both camps but that’s the reality after the behaviour of your f****t coach and that’s best case scenario.

Freo have 3 1R picks to work with and might place less value on them so you might be able to squeeze a better deal out of them. Collingwood’s pick 8 for Curtin and pick 27 for example.
There is zero chance we are doing that so no feathers rustled

Laughable. You would have been better stopping your post at “I don’t think the Crows will look to trade Curtin”.

Imagine coming onto an opposition board and thinking posting this dribble.
Pretty disrespectful.

Imagine coming onto an opposition board and thinking posting this dribble.
Pretty disrespectful.
Don’t mind him posting but we really don’t need an argument from him about what will happen with Curtin
I’d like to think that my interaction with this board has been respectful (both ways) over a decent period of time. I didn’t come in here to post my thoughts and try a sell a trade to Crows supporters, I was asked directly by a member of your board if I’d trade our 1R pick for Curtin.

I responded with how I think that looks to WCE list management. It wasn’t intended to be disrespectful and I certainly wasn’t forcing it down anyone’s throat, even putting a caveat that I don’t think the Crows would look to trade Curtin.

There would also be plenty on our board who wouldn’t want to do that deal and miss out on Draper. Happy to keep my responses to such questions to myself in the future and leave Crows fans to speculate between themselves, no dramas at all. 👍

I’d like to think that my interaction with this board has been respectful (both ways) over a decent period of time. I didn’t come in here to post my thoughts and try a sell a trade to Crows supporters, I was asked directly by a member of your board if I’d trade our 1R pick for Curtin.

I responded with how I think that looks to WCE list management. It wasn’t intended to be disrespectful and I certainly wasn’t forcing it down anyone’s throat, even putting a caveat that I don’t think the Crows would look to trade Curtin.

There would also be plenty on our board who wouldn’t want to do that deal and miss out on Draper. Happy to keep my responses to such questions to myself in the future and leave Crows fans to speculate between themselves, no dramas at all. 👍
Fair enough I didn’t see the whole interaction.

More than happy for you to continue bagging Nicks.

A hypothetical.
Let's say that West Coast were very keen to draft Curtin and were willing to offer their future first round pick. Let's also say that we were interested in both Curtin and the West Coast pick, but not knowing where that pick would eventuate, we decided to draft the player and wait to see where that pick would be.
Is it beyond the realm of possibilities that we have a tentative agreement with West Coast to trade Curtin for their first this year - provided it was within a certain set of picks (say top 4)?

It would give us a look at Curtin and also certainty over what the pick would be. It would also (possibly) explain our lack of desire to develop Curtin properly (or it could just be that Nicks is a flog).

In the end it would mean we trade Curtin for pick 3. We then hit the draft with picks 3 and 4 and get two goes at finding elite midfield talent.

Is it possible?

A hypothetical.
Let's say that West Coast were very keen to draft Curtin and were willing to offer their future first round pick. Let's also say that we were interested in both Curtin and the West Coast pick, but not knowing where that pick would eventuate, we decided to draft the player and wait to see where that pick would be.
Is it beyond the realm of possibilities that we have a tentative agreement with West Coast to trade Curtin for their first this year - provided it was within a certain set of picks (say top 4)?

It would give us a look at Curtin and also certainty over what the pick would be. It would also (possibly) explain our lack of desire to develop Curtin properly (or it could just be that Nicks is a flog).

In the end it would mean we trade Curtin for pick 3. We then hit the draft with picks 3 and 4 and get two goes at finding elite midfield talent.

Is it possible?
West Coast aren't going to trade pick 3 for a player that has been a disappointment at pick 8.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back