List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

If Berry goes, and we manage to get compensation in the early 30’s, I’d give that

We might have to get something back with ANB if we trade 26
Yeah, was thinking similar could be Berry for ANB.

I wonder if what we pay him will impact trade terms?

If we eat his existing contract then a late second will do.

If GC want something more (our F1 for their F2?), then they can pay him at least in part to play for us.

Herald Sun suggesting future second. If that’s the case then get it done. Would be a brilliant pick up at that price

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

He’s 29, so that has to factor into it. A pick in the late 20s-early 30s
Wouldn’t give our 28

Actually not super keen to lose Berry either but that pick might get it done

Still think we need to follow lead of GWS / Hawks and draft a real dynamic small forward or 2 in next couple of years

Naked And Afraid Waiting GIF by Discovery

Melbourne FC 2024 season

I think he'll be a piece in the Houston trade unless it becomes a 3 way trade to get us involved? Wonder if Tom Sparrow wants out too for more midfield time if Berry is on his bike back to Vic?

Would you trade Berry who has started to look like he belongs for ANB?
Wouldn’t be that excited by it TBH

But need to remember we are picking a very good mid in this draft at pick 4 and we need to hang onto 28 and use it at draft as well

Wouldn’t give our 28

Actually not super keen to lose Berry either but that pick might get it done

Still think we need to follow lead of GWS / Hawks and draft a real dynamic small forward or 2 in next couple of years
Totally agree. We are a nippy, crafty small forward away from being the most feared forward line in the comp

Lol I will enjoy the downfall of demons, come at me.

ANB brings much needed leadership and standards, crows obviously have a paucity in the mid to late 20s players to guide the young ones, 29 in 2025 does tip it slightly into the worryingly getting old basket though. From memory used to be a whipping boy in the early days (equivalent to keayes— runs all day and provides effort) but this year was a bit of a career year imo, will it continue?
Regardless, the temptation of him slotting into the high forward role and us never seeing Murphy again has to be super tempting. Could then provide flexibility on rachele and pedlar spending more time on ball… upgrading your bottom end players is just as important as getting the pure elites if forming a balanced team. Of all years to have players coming back to SA, it’s the one with the deep midfielder heavy draft…a lot to think about! Late 2nd to third seems fair in my eyes, and given he’s requesting a trade I would lean towards the latter although I def acknowledge my bias and recognise Dee fans would absolutely vomit at that offer. (The other way I think about this is that he would be pretty close to the equivalent to what mcadam was last year and that went for a second rounder (prob a tiny bit overs), and obviously that’s without the hindsight of his poor 2024)

Luko and ANB and our first round in an off season would easily be an A+ upgrade on the list.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just can’t see how ANB will improve us, wouldn’t be giving up any more than a 3rd rounder for him.
You do realise we are in the bottom four and Lachlan Murphy is in our leadership group ?

Instant upgrade on Murphy and Berry whenever they play forward, can also do the chayce jones role, can be a tagger, frees up our other half forwards if we want to rotate midfield more (rachele). Actually tackles and gets the ball! How novel.

Has been solid contributor last few years, probably even underrated, had a career best this year and will almost certainly finish high (top 5 easily) in their best and fairest. You don’t see how that would improve upon Murphy or McHenry?!

Last edited:
You do realise we are in the bottom four and Lachlan Murphy is in our leadership group ?

Instant upgrade on Murphy and Berry whenever they play forward, can also do the chayce jones role, can be a tagger, frees up our other half forwards if we want to rotate midfield more (rachele). Actually tackles and gets the ball! How novel.

Has been solid contributor last few years, probably even underrated, had a career best this year and will almost certainly finish high (top 5 easily) in their best and fairest. You don’t see how that would improve upon Murphy or McHenry?!
There’s every chance Murphy finishes in our top 5

There’s every chance Murphy finishes in our top 5
The coaches need to check themselves into a mental health facility if this comes true.

The coaches need to check themselves into a mental health facility if this comes true.
Supposedly playing his "role" that Nicks want him to which is why he kept getting selected so I think he will still finish quite high on the B&F but he hasn't had any standout games like he did against Geelong last year, just a lot of playing his "role" games.

More likely is that Murphy finishes outside the top 22 in votes per game average, yet has been picked every week and never been sub or subbed. Plus will get retained in the leadership group.

It's frustrating. The coaches simultaneously know and don't know.

Has mainly played the high half-forward Kane Lambert role.

Allows Petracca to be less accountable and play offence, while Neale-Bullen provides cover.

For me he's a dime a dozen role player, but we'll miss his character and leadership skills.

At 29 next year he's a late 30s pick. I'd take it.

I like how people want Murphy out of the side but while Nicks is coach he is best 22 - no matter who or how many players we bring in

We could recruit ANB, Petracca , Oliver and Gawn and Murphy would still be selected

:(

Reckon Melbourne would want 28 but that’s a no trade for me

Definitely worth having a crack at to upgrade Murphy / Ned IMO , applies alot of pressure + tackle and runs hard

No star but decent role player
Let’s be honest he’s worth at least what McAdam went for. McAdam 50 ish games in 5 years with injuries and lots of motivation queries. Bullen 170ish games in 10:years AND still younger than McAdam

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back