List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm all for the Cats approach where we rotate around 30 players during the year & horses for courses depending on opposition matchups.

Nankervis & Dowling would be very much part of the 30. I really like Nank.

Also, suspect the likes of Ryan & Edwards will be playing games too.
There is evidence this is not the Matthew Nick way...

His lack of selection flexibility has actually been his worst attribute...amongst others. Infuriating!

There is evidence this is not the Matthew Nick way...

His lack of selection flexibility has actually been his worst attribute...amongst others. Infuriating!
Indeed... which is another reason why he needs to go!

I think Smith would have the message loud and clear now that he is a SANFL player, and that an early retirement is on the cards.
I could see him taking Marco Bello's old job as a youth development or something like that, he has a future in the sport once retired.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Yeah, been a great clubman, but I hope Smithers gets the message

I suspect he won’t retire whilst still under contract, though

Yeah, been a great clubman, but I hope Smithers gets the message

I suspect he won’t retire whilst still under contract, though
If there's a deal, the payout is less for not having to do a preseason, and a modestly paid job for a few more years to assist the move into the next phase of life.

Surely he's take that option, but players aren't good at seeing the end due to their hyper competitiveness that made them good players.

On SM-S928B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Traded our 2nd in the Curtin trade

Was 8 + 17 for 11 + 15 + our 2nd this year

Just looking at the players taken after Curtin in the draft, looks pretty thin. Now, admittedly I've not watched much footy this year and it's still very early...

Curtin, O'Sullivan and Caddy all would have been off the board by our first pick, without the move up.

Who would we have been left with?

Just looking at the players taken after Curtin in the draft, looks pretty thin. Now, admittedly I've not watched much footy this year and it's still very early...

Curtin, O'Sullivan and Caddy all would have been off the board by our first pick, without the move up.

Who would we have been left with?
Darcy Wilson the main one that I (and the club, if you believe the whiteboard videos) was keen on. He’ll be an excellent player for the Saints

But Curtin’s a better talent. When you get the chance to pick up a slider from the top 5, you don’t pass it up

Darcy Wilson the main one that I (and the club, if you believe the whiteboard videos) was keen on. He’ll be an excellent player for the Saints

But Curtin’s a better talent. When you get the chance to pick up a slider from the top 5, you don’t pass it up
100% agree with this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon there is a sneaky chance there are a few teams sniffing Gollant. Doesn't fit our side but I reckon maybe we could jag a mid to late 3 rounder for him.
If we land Lukosius & draft Welsh, best that Gollant is traded.

Last edited:
my mail is he's 100% willing to play out his contract in the 2s
Captain of sanfl next season & give him a development role

Break glass cover if we have heaps of injuries.

Outs
Sloane retired
Berry traded
McHenry traded
Gollant traded
Parnell delisted
Burgess delisted
Future 2nd

Ins:
Cummings FA
Lukosius F2
Neale Bullen for Berry's pick
F3rd rounder for Gollant
4th rounder for McHenry

Outs
Sloane retired
Berry traded
McHenry traded
Gollant traded
Parnell delisted
Burgess delisted
Future 2nd

Ins:
Cummings FA
Lukosius F2
Neale Bullen for Berry's pick
F3rd rounder for Gollant
4th rounder for McHenry
He he he as if we’ll get anything for McHenry

Will Phillips dropped this week, only played 10 games this year. Pick 3 in 2020.

I don't watch North games. What is going on? Out of form, bad pick??

Will Phillips dropped this week, only played 10 games this year. Pick 3 in 2020.

I don't watch North games. What is going on? Out of form, bad pick??
Given their lack of talls, picking Phillips over McDonald at the time was mystifying.

The decision is looking even worse now.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back