Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Will we land a big fish?

• Yes

Votes: 36 18.2%
  • No

Votes: 162 81.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Lets not forget, Luko is on huge money in his final year at the Suns.

If Luko selects us, we have the leverage here, this is Bowes 2.0 if anything.

The Mac Andrew contract and any trade targets the Suns have in mind, will burst their salary cap in 2025.
We can always restructure Luko’s Contract …. GC can’t, unless they commit to him with a long contract, which is obvious, they don’t wish to do

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?

Zane Littlejohn very highly regarded. Coached a senior TSL premiership in Tassie in his early 20's. Spent time with Brisbane.

Don’t announcements on assistant coaches futures, have to be announced by end of August ?
I think internally they have to be so they can line up a new gig, but nothing about it needing to be public.

We could also be "reassigning" some guys rather than ditching them outright.

I was curious how Dave Mackay fitted in at Hawthorn so I checked out their coaching panel.
Mitchell is supported by Brett Ratten, Adrian Hickmott, Andy Collins, Kade Simpson, David Hale, Zane Littlejohn (?) Arryn Siposs (?) and David Mackay. Despite the blokes I don't know, the others seem pretty substantial.
Why can't/don't we have a list like that?
They would rather live in Melbourne.

More jobs among the 10 Vuc clubs, less quality overflow for those who miss out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seconded by this guy who called the day Macrae would get announced before it happened (also said Caleb Daniel though)

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Posted 10 mins after the other guy? Seems suss

Plus predicting Macrae asking for a trade and the day not a big deal given its exit interview time there, I’d say having made the same but wrong guess about Daniel is more relevant to show it was just a guess

Don’t announcements on assistant coaches futures, have to be announced by end of August ?
They need to be told re contract but not publicly announced

Also nothing stopping a club saying they don’t have one but then mutually agreeing to one later if the coach doesn’t find another role and club a better coach

The lack of announcement makes me think we’re keeping that option open and haven’t confirmed a new coach, or maybe we have got Montgomery but awaiting confirmation he doesn’t get the WC gig so staying a bit flexible in case

I think internally they have to be so they can line up a new gig, but nothing about it needing to be public.

We could also be "reassigning" some guys rather than ditching them outright.
I feel like burns needs to go but if 1 of his biggest knocks is also that as senior assistant it has prevented attracting others who want that role/title I wonder if he would still hold value to keep if he was ok with relinquishing that

I feel like burns needs to go but if 1 of his biggest knocks is also that as senior assistant it has prevented attracting others who want that role/title I wonder if he would still hold value to keep if he was ok with relinquishing that
the oppo scouting this year was spew. so if that was burns' job then yeh he has to go.

If I had to guess what (if) Buckley was interviewed about it'd be to do a look over the coaching department or some sort of review process, rather than trying to get him outright.
Hopefully he tells us that he reckons he can coach better...

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour 2024 Rumours and Speculation (Rumours total 25, last 28th August)

Back