List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Personally, I'm an optimist.

There's obvious needs, but if in the off season we can -

• Take a young midfielder in the first 5 picks - like Lalor, Jagga, etc
  • Get a small forward so we have decent forward pressure - like ANB
  • Grab a mature mid - like Cumming

Plus add Lukosius, another pick or two and Welsh? Then we seem very ready for next year.

Ruck is the other issue, but I'm not sure whether I want us trying to draft someone or grab a 22 year old.

Plus add Lukosius, another pick or two and Welsh? Then we seem very ready for next year.

Ruck is the other issue, but I'm not sure whether I want us trying to draft someone or grab a 22 year old.
lol, considering drafting a ruck now? You’ve been against it before and why would we need to, you’ve always maintained it’s easy to trade in a ready ruck. That’s gone quiet hasn’t it?

One day you’ll wake up to being wrong so often

If Luko wants to come to us we have to hold our nerve. He is in contract so doesn't have to agree to go to another state. Suns know that he won't play for them much next season and his value will drop. They also face needing good picks for their academy next season and capital for Rioli

Mullett whinges about the quality of the board and then posts shit, not much self awareness happening there. Whats funny is he gets like from clappers who also whinge about posters
The absolute worst those who whinge about whingers while whinging. (Yes I realize this is partly ironic)

I know we go over this every year when draft talk amps up… but the special picks don’t affect our pick at all.

We will have the 4th best player, that isn’t a father-son / academy pick.

The only problem would be if someone picked our father son before we got a chance to use our pick OR if someone doesn’t match a bid - which is very rare at the top end, and would actually give you more choices.

Our pick getting “pushed back” is just a strange way to look at it in my option

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Midfielders taken in the first four picks are rarely duds, I would have thought.
That’s my point. They’re rarely duds, but they are rarely guns either. Look at the current top 20 mids in the comp and ask how many of them were pick 4.

It’s likely you’ll get a good player, but unlikely you’ll get a truly great one.

That’s my point. They’re rarely duds, but they are rarely guns either. Look at the current top 20 mids in the comp and ask how many of them were pick 4.

It’s likely you’ll get a good player, but unlikely you’ll get a truly great one.
But pick 4 has no relation to pick 4 in any other years.
I always find it strange when people look at the history of a certain pick number.

But pick 4 has no relation to pick 4 in any other years.
I always find it strange when people look at the history of a certain pick number.
agree.

If people assume pick 4 will be a gun they are assuming picks 1, 2, and 3 will be too. Four guns in the first four picks of a draft? It just doesn’t work that way. You get at most a handful of genuine guns in each draft and while there are more at the highest picks it is simply not true that all, or even most, high picks turn out to be gun players.

agree.

If people assume pick 4 will be a gun they are assuming picks 1, 2, and 3 will be too. Four guns in the first four picks of a draft? It just doesn’t work that way. You get at most a handful of genuine guns in each draft and while there are more at the highest picks it is simply not true that all, or even most, high picks turn out to be gun players.
Not necessarily we could get lucky 1,2,3 duds and 4 a gun, it’s about the probability.
Don’t know the numbers but I reckon there’s a very good chance we get a very good player.

Bont, Oliver, LDU, Daicos, Wardlaw... Are they not top mids ?

Current top mids by AFL ranking points

Bont *
Butters
Petracca
Cripps
Serong
Merritt
Anderson
Rowell
Daicos *
Neale
Treloar
Gulden
Libba
Heeney
Warner
LDU *
Green
Kelly
Newcombe
Young
Crisp
Dawson
Kelly

* was pick 4
Reckon you could include anyone that was pick 1-6* for a comparison to what we could get.

If WCE take Draper it really throws it wide open - if he is available it think we would go O'Sullivan
Early in the week O'Sullivan was expected to play for the Chargers yesterday against the Rebels but when the team list for the game came out Saturday he was missing again.
Has to be getting to the point with his lack of footy played in his draft year with hand injuries, form when he has played generally sub par that it might be a brave recruiter that selects him so high now?

Final round of the CTL coming up and then the wildcard round only to go so unless the Chargers win their wildcard round they won't play finals so O'Sullivan possibly only has 2 more games to impress?

Not necessarily we could get lucky 1,2,3 duds and 4 a gun, it’s about the probability.
Don’t know the numbers but I reckon there’s a very good chance we get a very good player.
I agree but what we need is not a very good player. We need a Bont/Daicos/Neale/Heeney level player, an ‘elite’ player, and my point is people are assuming we will get one when we might just get a very-good-at-best level player.

Matt Crouch was AA once, we need the level up from that. And that is rare.

so we are keeping pick 4

trading Berry for ANB (not sure Melbourne wants Berry)
or
trading Berry to Magpies (not sure they want him either)

cummings might come as FA

not sure how we can do Luko as we need to delist 5 players to get him in

smith? walker? bond? keane?

parnell, hamill, borlase are rookies

delist- mchenry, gollant, himmelberg...... burgess???

Early in the week O'Sullivan was expected to play for the Chargers yesterday against the Rebels but when the team list for the game came out Saturday he was missing again.
Has to be getting to the point with his lack of footy played in his draft year with hand injuries, form when he has played generally sub par that it might be a brave recruiter that selects him so high now?
Is he passable at our pick? Given the injuries or do we think hand injuries are ok? And what is causing his hand injury?

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back