List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm still thinking there might be trade with West Coast for Curtin.

Curtin + third round pick, for Pick 3 + 4th round.

I know the late picks don't mean much, but I don't think 3 for Curtin would be equal. Perhaps some future pick swaps could be involved.

If we did it, the draft could look like:

Richmond: Jagga Smith
North: Langford
Adelaide: Sam Lalor
Adelaide: Sid Draper

I'm sure Curtin is going to be a very good player, I'm just not sure what his best position will be.
On the other hand, this move would give us two possibly elite mids. Something we desperately need.

You guys need to chill out. Have a coke and a smile and just accept that we'll pick the wrong guy at 4.
Curtin looks like an absolute jet to me

Just need us to get a new coach or for Nicks to stop being an imbecile

Yeah no chance I'm trading Curtin at this stage. He's looked great the past few weeks.

Is he passable at our pick? Given the injuries or do we think hand injuries are ok? And what is causing his hand injury?
Both thumb and fingers injuries separately afaik, maybe he's putting his hands where he shouldn't or perhaps the thumb injury was caused by him trying to protect his finger injury, who knows?

On his U16's and underage year form he'd likely have been a clear number one if he'd backed it up in his top age year.
Unfortunately for Finn this far that hasn't happened so unless he plays the at least the last 2 CTL games and lights it up he probably slips down the order would be my guess if draftees in the past with similar issues are a guide.

Last edited:

I know the late picks don't mean much, but I don't think 3 for Curtin would be equal. Perhaps some future pick swaps could be involved.

I'm sure Curtin is going to be a very good player, I'm just not sure what his best position will be.
On the other hand, this move would give us two possibly elite mids. Something we desperately need.
I'm not seeing it happening with Curtin unless you know something different, seems happy enough looking at it from the outside and those pics of him with his father at the father's day thing the club put on only reinforced that?

I'm not seeing it happening with Curtin unless you know something different, seems happy enough looking at it from the outside and those pics of him with his father at the father's day thing the club put on only reinforced that?
I did hear recently that he really likes Adelaide the city. Feels like it's not much different to Perth.
I don't think there are any issues, but that doesn't mean we wouldn't entertain the idea.

Early in the week O'Sullivan was expected to play for the Chargers yesterday against the Rebels but when the team list for the game came out Saturday he was missing again.
Has to be getting to the point with his lack of footy played in his draft year with hand injuries, form when he has played generally sub par that it might be a brave recruiter that selects him so high now?

Final round of the CTL coming up and then the wildcard round only to go so unless the Chargers win their wildcard round they won't play finals so O'Sullivan possibly only has 2 more games to impress?
Is someone hiding him and manufacturing this precise scenario?

It's a really interesting point.
I'm not sure how I feel about this but I'd likely do it if offered.

Curtin might end up a champion of the game but the second mid is a greater need methinks.

Is someone hiding him and manufacturing this precise scenario?
Not possible to do - recruiters know him too well. I take Mutineer's point but I understand he clearly showed his value a couple of weeks ago with the Tigers & if any club bypasses him due to hand injuries then more fool them.
A couple of posters claimed he might be a flight risk - I forgot to ask them why?

Is the rise of Bond bad for Jones?

Given Chayce had one last spot in the side in a back pocket has Bond snuffed out any chance of a long term career for Chayce?

Handy depth
Jones versatility to be able to play multiple roles makes him handy depth. We have so many one trick ponies whereas Jones could play any role other than KP or Ruck.

Is the rise of Bond bad for Jones?

Given Chayce had one last spot in the side in a back pocket has Bond snuffed out any chance of a long term career for Chayce?

Handy depth
Needs to move on from the AFC, would be good to see if our development is bad or he just can’t AFL football well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not possible to do - recruiters know him too well. I take Mutineer's point but I understand he clearly showed his value a couple of weeks ago with the Tigers & if any club bypasses him due to hand injuries then more fool them.
A couple of posters claimed he might be a flight risk - I forgot to ask them why?
9 possessions and 2 goals playing forward I wouldn't think would do much to fill recruiters with confidence IMO.

He's from Koroit down near Warrnambool and a second cousin of Sam Walsh maybe that's where the flight risk talk comes from. He's actually in the Rebels zone but got permission to play for the Chargers while schooling in the Private School System in Melbourne.

The Christian Petracca trade rumours have just been kicked into overdrive.

The currently injured Melbourne superstar was thrust into the limelight when Channel 9’s Tom Morris floated he was “disgruntled and particularly disillusioned with the club’s direction”.

Whatever the ills of the Crows the lost opportunities and mistakes of the seven drafting years through 2014-2020 have come back to haunt us. These players are aged from 28 to 22 years old and should be the backbone of our squad. Only 12 of the 23 remain on the squad with another couple at least likely to be gone next year.

Here’s who we selected, compared to who we could have taken with the next pick available, or a pick soon afterwards or the very next available SA based player.

Jake Lever (14) – Kyle Langford (17)
Harrison Wigg (35) – Alex Neal-Bullen (40)
Mitch McGovern (43) – Caleb Daniel (46)
Wayne Milera (11) - Charlie Curnow (12)
Tom Doedee (17) – Ryan Burton (19)
Jordan Gallucci (15) – Will Hayward (19)
Myles Poholke (44) – Darcy Cameron (48)
Elliot Himmelberg (51) – Jack Graham (53)
Matthew Signorello (62) – Liam Ryan (66), also Nick Larkey (73), Mitch Lewis (76), Jake Waterman (77)
Darcy Fogarty (12) – Zac Bailey (15)
Andrew McPherson (40) – Charlie Ballard (42)
Chayce Jones (9) – Jye Caldwell (11), also Zac Butters (12)
Ned McHenry (15) – Bobby Hill (24), James Rowbottom (25)
Fisher McAsey (6) – Hayden Young (7), also Caleb Serong (8), Sam Flanders (11), Kysaiah Pickett (12) and Will Day (13)
Harry Schoenberg (24) – Jeremy Sharp (27)
Josh Worrell (28) – Charlie Comben (31), also Trent Rivers (32)
Ronin O’Connor (42) – Hugo Ralphsmith (46)
Lachie Gollant (48) - Jake Ricccardi (51)
Riley Thilthorpe ( 2) – Logan McDonald (4)
Luke Pedlar (11) – Tom Powell (13)
Brayden Cook (25) – Nathan O’Driscoll (27)
Sam Berry (28) - Caleb Poulter (30)
James Rowe (38) – Beau McCreery (44)

Crows Team

B: McGovern, Lever, Doedee
HB; Worrell, McAsey, Milera
C: Cook, Berry, Jones
HF: McHenry, Gollant, Poholke
F: Himmelberg, Fogarty, Pedlar
R: Thilthorpe, Schoenberg, Gallucci

Res: O’Connor, Wigg, Rowe, McPherson,
Sub: Signorello

Ghostly Crows Team

B: Ryan, Ballard, Burton
HB: Daniel, Comben, Powell
C: O’Driscoll, Young, Sharp
HF: Hayward, McDonald, McCreery
F: Neal-Bullen, Curnow, Hill
R: Cameron, Caldwell, Graham

Res: Bailey, Coulter, Riccardi, Langford
Sub: Ralphsmith

We might well be poor at coaching and retention but it is clear Hamish’s record was well below average if not disastrous through those years.

Last edited:
He’s not going to pose like this though is he?

frown GIF

Whatever the ills of the Crows the lost opportunities and mistakes of the seven drafting years through 2014-2020 have come back to haunt us. These players are aged from 29 to 22 years old and should be the backbone of our squad. Only 12 of the 23 remain on the squad with another couple at least likely to be gone next year.

Here’s who we selected, compared to who we could have taken with the next pick available, or a pick soon afterwards or the very next available SA based player.

Matthew Signorello (62) – Liam Ryan (66), also Nick Larkey (73), Mitch Lewis (76), Jake Waterman (77)
Fisher McAsey (6) – Hayden Young (7), also Caleb Serong (8), Sam Flanders (11), Kysaiah Pickett (12) and Will Day (13)

Crows Team

Ghostly Crows Team

We might well be poor at coaching and retention but it is clear Hamish’s record was well below average if not disastrous through those years.
Truly horrific. You’d think even by chance he might have gotten one right, but consistently got every one wrong.

Kind of impressive he keeps his job really.

Truly horrific. You’d think even by chance he might have gotten one right, but consistently got every one wrong.

Kind of impressive he keeps his job really.

He did get a couple right.

Lever over Langford was the right call.
Fogarty over Bailey was a pretty even one.

Worrell over Comben is working out well.

Thilthorpe definitely the right call.

so we are keeping pick 4

trading Berry for ANB (not sure Melbourne wants Berry)
or
trading Berry to Magpies (not sure they want him either)

cummings might come as FA

not sure how we can do Luko as we need to delist 5 players to get him in

smith? walker? bond? keane?

parnell, hamill, borlase are rookies

delist- mchenry, gollant, himmelberg...... burgess???
You move Smith or Walker to the rookie list to create list room. Obviously just gives us less rookie selections

Whatever the ills of the Crows the lost opportunities and mistakes of the seven drafting years through 2014-2020 have come back to haunt us. These players are aged from 28 to 22 years old and should be the backbone of our squad. Only 12 of the 23 remain on the squad with another couple at least likely to be gone next year.

Crows Team

Ghostly Crows Team

The irony being is many posters here now wanting those players back here in trades

9 possessions and 2 goals playing forward I wouldn't think would do much to fill recruiters with confidence IMO.

He's from Koroit down near Warrnambool and a second cousin of Sam Walsh maybe that's where the flight risk talk comes from. He's actually in the Rebels zone but got permission to play for the Chargers while schooling in the Private School System in Melbourne.

Don't always agree with your view on things, Mutineer, but we are lucky to have such a resource around Drafting, and the Trade/Draft period every year. Always seem to have insights/knowledge where a lot of others don't, even on other boards.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back