List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

As long as we are ok with Borlaise being a depth defender who will get games occasionally

I’d do it for a top 30 pick
Borlase would have played every single game this year based on injuries to Murray and Butts. AND then we still needed to find an additional player for Worrell missing half the year. As long as nobody complains when Curtin is sent back there….

Borlase would have played every single game this year based on injuries to Murray and Butts. AND then we still needed to find an additional player for Worrell missing half the year. As long as nobody complains when Curtin is sent back there….
Yep that’s the thing , so many people willing just to lose Keane but not think of the consequences

Of course they don't get every pick correct but there are only eight legitimate picks on that list and Florent, Hayward and McDonald are all major pass marks at least. Ling is a definite miss and Stephens is a bust even though he still might have a reasonable AFL career. The last three are kids and too early to judge. You conveniently left off their second selection that have killed ours in the same period.
Their picks after 25 are elite ! Could be best in comp . Funny how it works

Young Konstanty hasn’t been offered a new contract from what I understand , so might be out after 2 years

Vickery , Sheldrick and Green significant question marks

Their picks after 25 are elite ! Could be best in comp . Funny how it works

Young Konstanty hasn’t been offered a new contract from what I understand , so might be out after 2 years

Vickery , Sheldrick and Green significant question marks
Sheldrick’s solid, Swans have just got deep midfield stocks

Probably too early to tell on Green?

Would be nice to have elite “can’t miss” Academy players in your midfield - Heeney, Mills and Campbell. I don’t care what anyone says I think there is potential to “hide” or not fully develop / display in their draft year the full talent of Academy players. I joked with Silvers to put Welsh on a strict “hamburger diet” this year and ensure he doesn’t go top 10. It makes a huge difference getting a player at 25-30 (Gulden) vs top 10 and IMO it’s naive to think clubs wouldn’t be tempted to play games here

Good chance we see Swans vs Giants on the last Saturday in September and just wait for the uproar over their Academies then….

Who would Sheldrick push out of our midfield, seems pretty similar to Sam Berry to me. small inside mid?

Was generally thought he was a stretch that early, most had him going late 2nd?

1st year player Caiden Cleary seems to have pushed past him in the pecking order?

Player agent Tim Hazell was on the AFL.com.au "Gettable" segment today.

The hosts put a question to him about how clubs and players are going negotiating the impending Tasmanian expansion side, ie the push and shove between clubs trying to contract them past the poaching period, and players trying to keep their options open, as Hazell has half a dozen Tasmanian players on his books including Chayce Jones.

His answer was that "Most of our boys are [] contracted around 25 to 27, Chayce has been pushed out to 27", which would be an extra year on the 3 year deal ending in 26 that he signed last year.

Thought everyone might like to know.
What a relief

Who would Sheldrick push out of our midfield, seems pretty similar to Sam Berry to me. small inside mid?

1st year player Caiden Cleary seems to have pushed past him in the pecking order?
Finds the ball better than Berry, at the least. Remember him using it well too, in what I saw of him last year. Had a vested interest as I picked him up in the draft game 😛

Swans fans seem to be fans of his, too

We haven't made finals in seven years...there's not a realistic Crows fan who thinks we are guaranteed to play finals in the next three years. Sydney are top and favourites to play in another GF despite a major wobble, yet you are arguing we've made as many mistakes as they have in recruiting? The system is rigged but club apologists like you contribute to the ongoing mediocrity

Surely no can be against bringing in Luko when we have tall players like Gollant, Himmelberg and Burgess on our list. They are all delistable.

We do need to take our 1st rounders off the table though. (they will be too early for him). Different story if we won the flag and had pick 18.
I don't want to downgrade any 1sts for him either.
Bring in the elite mid talent at 4, and find a way to get Luko for seconds and thirds.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Surely no can be against bringing in Luko when we have tall players like Gollant, Himmelberg and Burgess on our list. They are all delistable.

We do need to take our 1st rounders off the table though. (they will be too early for him). Different story if we won the flag and had pick 18.
Bring in the elite mid talent at 4, and find a way to get Luko for seconds and thirds.

Berg will be gone and the other two are good sanfl players but AFL standard where you can rely on them week in week out

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I actually believe we need to settle Curtin behind the ball for a year or two before moving him in the midfield

Isn't 99% of the battle getting him to nominate us.

From there it's a bit easier?

We haven't made finals in seven years...there's not a realistic Crows fan who thinks we are guaranteed to play finals in the next three years. Sydney are top and favourites to play in another GF despite a major wobble, yet you are arguing we've made as many mistakes as they have in recruiting? The system is rigged but club apologists like you contribute to the ongoing mediocrity
I think he’s saying 1st round which is correct

Swans have blitzed it thereafter so not the most important metric but no doubt the academy leg ups help

Doesn’t excuse Hamish lack of ability to draft an elite midfielder over many years , seems to be his blind spot

Last edited:
Oddly enough, Keane is probably the player that has most trade value as buying clubs always seem to over price KPDs... (See BZT, Esava, B MAckay etc etc)

Pies I think could be desperate enough to part with a pick in the early 20's (if they find one) for him given the ageing stocks they have along with Billy :$ .

Oddly enough, Keane is probably the player that has most trade value as buying clubs always seem to over price KPDs... (See BZT, Esava, B MAckay etc etc)

Pies I think could be desperate enough to part with a pick in the early 20's (if they find one) for him given the ageing stocks they have along with Billy :$ .
As long as we are willing to have Borlaise play alot next season …..

That’s the trade off when we get an injury

I actually believe we need to settle Curtin behind the ball for a year or two before moving him in the midfield

This I fear is the classic supporters attitude

Beg the coach to play the kids then get impatient when they don’t dominate straight up

Curtin is doing fine in his current role and better than when he was playing defence , let him settle and develop . There will be stages where he struggles at first and he might even get dropped to work on some things

But overall back him in , he clearly looks better around the ball and forward of the ball but will be able to play defence too

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back