List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I said this in another thread, if Jack Lukosius does go to the crows it will mean the crows will have the pick 2 and 3 from the 2018 AFL draft that the Crows botched! that was the draft the crows used their pick 9 to get Chayse Jones and their pick 16 to get Mchenry! the draft where the crows could have got Zak Butter but went Jones... Not to mention we first called out Tarryn Thomas name first but North matched our bid lol seriously, its not Nicks that needs to be sacked its the recruiting team at the Adelaide footy club that needs to be sacked.
Botched draft?

Didnt we draft both Luko and Rankine

1724987240654.png

Botched draft?

Didnt we draft both Luko and Rankine

View attachment 2096498
Imagine our development process over the Suns

Though I reckon Rankine shines in whatever system he is in. If he isnt considered a team second player that is

I know Mutineer thinks Dodson would be ready to step up and play AFL in his first season - but I think this is rare for ruckmen. Then again, Mutineer has seen Dodson play, while I have not.

Our list is currently very short on ruck options. We have ROB, Strachan, Thilthorpe and Berg... - and it's likely to get worse if we delist Berg (as now seems likely due to the number of list positions required). We're currently short 1 ruckman on our list, so bringing in 1 while delisting 2 is a bad idea.
Where did I say that?

If I did it would have certainly been with certain caveats?

Where did I say that?

If I did it would have certainly been with certain caveats?
Here:
Way way before Taylor Goad This is a very advanced talent both skills wise and physically, I could see no reason why he wouldn't be ready to have an input at AFL level in 2026.

And here:
Go watch some footage then get back to me, if he chooses football he will be the next Luke Jackson.
Luke Jackson would have played ruck much earlier at the Dees too but unlike us they had a bloke called Max Gawn.

Another footballer/basketballer Brodie Grundy played plenty of ruck for Collingwood in his 2nd year.

ANB, Cumming, Luko, Rosas, now that's a good haul of players that will certainly propel us up the ladder. Plus pick 4, pick in the 20s, Welsh at a minimum makes seven ins. That's seven outs? Sloane, Burgess, McSpud, Hamill, Gollant, Parnell, then one of Berg/Borlase/Keane - done

Other than Nicks steering the ship, I'm much happier about 2025 already. Now just get it all done
those 4 certainly build depth and replace our weakest links (both things are important). But none are stars like Dawson and Rankine with Luko having the highest possible ceiling but not game changing type players. Still agree we need to be building this senior depth but just cant imagine any (Luko potentially excluded) will be top 5 in the B&F any of the next 3-4 years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That says 2026 not 2025. Anyway Dodson should be a priority for us. Way more than Luko but should be anle to orchestrate both.
I agree that Dodson should be a much higher priority. I don't think Luko should be a high priority at all for Adelaide.

I still think we're in the box seat with Luko.

I'm pretty sure the AFL changed the rules after Bowes that clubs could no longer restructure incoming contacts.

1 million is a pretty big price tag and given that Port are pushing out Houston there must be some sort of cap squeeze. So with them being heavily into Perryman as a free agent I can't see how they fit Luko in their cap.
I know they did for FA contracts after the Daniher debacle but wasnt aware of what you said above as its most a restraint of sorts not allowing us to extend his existing contract

You bet, they have no problems forcing out a contracted player if it suits them and here they think they can snare a top 10 pick in this draft whilst Perryman will primarily cover Houstons role - so they might end up - if say St Kilda parted with their probable band 1 compo pick, a Lalor?, a Travaglia?...so yeah, if that was us I would be demanding they try to engineer that scenario
yeah good work again by Davies (I assume) - I have said a number of times we should poach him to replace Kelly which I know isnt a popular view here.

They do force out players - Wingard, Polec now Houston and its very strategic this year if they get Perryman - who clearly is NOT as good as dual AA Houston but not a 'massive downgrade' as someone said. Good work by Power.

We can throw some angst in by bumping up offer to Perryman by another 100k or so to make Power pay up more - its been done before

Meh... Dylan Stephens was the consensus BF pick in that draft. This is whinging that the club didn't pick a player who BF didn't want either.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app

So one again BF numpties watching a 2 minute highlight package outperform our highly paid professionals that watch thousands of hours of footage, player interviews, coaches interviews etc.

AFC, still kicking goals.

Meh... Dylan Stephens was the consensus BF pick in that draft. This is whinging that the club didn't pick a player who BF didn't want either.

On SM-X205 using BigFooty.com mobile app
I wanted Serong (or Ash or Kemp).
Mutineer was all over Lachie Ash.
Plenty of posters on here wanted Flanders.
There was a bit of support for Hayden Young as well.

I agree that Dodson should be a much higher priority. I don't think Luko should be a high priority at all for Adelaide.
I’d honestly be happy if we got just ANB and Cumming. Rosas would be a bonus. Luko I feel is just going to cost too much for what he is. Maybe find a way to grab another depth KPD if Keane leaves

those 4 certainly build depth and replace our weakest links (both things are important). But none are stars like Dawson and Rankine with Luko having the highest possible ceiling but not game changing type players. Still agree we need to be building this senior depth but just cant imagine any (Luko potentially excluded) will be top 5 in the B&F any of the next 3-4 years
Yep, experienced depth was the major problem this year …. as someone posted yesterday, we need more players competing for spots

Pedlar & Milera back will also build that depth

I said this in another thread, if Jack Lukosius does go to the crows it will mean the crows will have the pick 2 and 3 from the 2018 AFL draft that the Crows botched! that was the draft the crows used their pick 9 to get Chayse Jones and their pick 16 to get Mchenry! the draft where the crows could have got Zak Butter but went Jones... Not to mention we first called out Tarryn Thomas name first but North matched our bid lol seriously, its not Nicks that needs to be sacked its the recruiting team at the Adelaide footy club that needs to be sacked.
TT is an excellent footballer so nothing wrong with that pick based on his personality at the time (from what I have read). He has gone off the rails in recent years. Definitely agree on Jones and Mc H though

To think of the S/Draft we ultimately ended up with possibly 5 first rounders - Luko, Rankine, Jones, Mc H and Hately (only 3 remaining at the end of this year assuming we get Luko and unfortunately includes the WORST 3 players of the first 16 picked...). Not great Hamish in 2018

At least they redeemed themselves at the most critical list management in the last 3-4 years from the draft including recruitment of Dawson and Rankine otherwise we would have been stuffed big time given the list turnover we did in 2019 and 2020. This year was a big step back due to Nicks strange selection and game plan in the first 5 weeks so everything had to go our way which didn't happened from the non free kick after the siren against Essendon to the draw against Brisbane and then 3 point loss to Collingwood in the span of 4 weeks when we were playing catch up.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back