List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Where does 8-10 come from?
His end of year average has been between 9-17.6?
He’s also played forward a bit.
since round 11 when he said he put contract on hold he has played exclusively midfield. look at his stats - BELOW AVERAGE except tackles

he is not AFL standard and should have been traded as pies wanted him

1725591900307.png

since round 11 when he said he put contract on hold he has played exclusively midfield. look at his stats - BELOW AVERAGE except tackles

View attachment 2102529
Prefer to look at his whole career.
Where did the 8-10 disposal numbers come from?

If we are getting Cumming I hope we are shopping Sholl around, as good as his season was we will have depth there next season with Nankervis, Dowling, Milera, Curtin all vying for a wing spot.

Sholl is better than a couple of those above.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

My daughter wanted her training wheels left on her bike

Yep I was the bad guy for taking them off when she was 6

Tex and Sloane and Laird and Smith are training wheels - take them off
The cats were pretty darn good last night without Hawkins, Guthrie, Rowan, Stewart.

I get your point. There's a time when the training wheels should come off. Sure it's a bit wobbly at first, but then....

The cats were pretty darn good last night without Hawkins, Guthrie, Rowan, Stewart.

I get your point. There's a time when the training wheels should come off. Sure it's a bit wobbly at first, but then....
They still had 14x 100+ game players, of which 6 have played 200+ AFL games. Even with those players MIA, they still averaged 135.6 games per player.

In contrast, Adelaide currently has only 10 players with 100+ games on the entire list, including Sloane. Adelaide's teams averaged round 70 games per player this year - roughly half what Geelong had on the paddock last night.

I'm not suggesting that we shouldn't "remove the training wheels", just pointing out that Geelong minus a few veterans is still a vastly more experienced team than anything Adelaide can field at present. For them, not selecting 4 veterans doesn't constitute "ripping off the training wheels". For Adelaide, dropping 4 veterans leaves us with a team reminiscent of GC & GWS in their formative years.

One of these things is not like the other...

View attachment 2102529
I'm not Berry's greatest fan but a deeper dive confirms these stats are deeply flawed.

In his 18 games this year he's been the activated sub 7 times, 5 times activated on and 2 times activated off.

View attachment 2102529

20% game time in one of those. Fairer view is 16.3 touches from round 15. Still needs more of it though but a slightly expanded role should see him get to 20 pretty easily

I think Berry is showing genuine signs. Just got to cut out the fumbling!!
If he does that he will be a good mid fielder

I’m not sure lack of one-touch ability is really fixable. Either you have it, or you don’t

The Crows need to head hunt Chris Scott to be the next Crows coach. Tell him to write his own cheque, bring his own assistant's, and cull/recruit the players he wants to coach. There is no ifs, buts, or maybes ... The Crows need Chris Scott to take charge! Ricciuto needs to get this done.
Why possibly would he need to come to Adelaide to get a massive cheque, and then try to convince all his settled.coaches to move across the country?

Why possibly would he need to come to Adelaide to get a massive cheque, and then try to convince all his settled.coaches to move across the country?
Its not a real request but big sky thinking which you lack

(Log in to remove this ad.)

he cant stay there forever its a great idea to get him. do whatever it takes

Ok so I’ve been away os - from what I’ve heard in summary;

As a club we are extremely happy with our group of players and have decided to not delist anyone, we missed out on any potential trades and we are going to use pick 4 on a potential back flanker…

Perfect

The Crows need to head hunt Chris Scott to be the next Crows coach. Tell him to write his own cheque, bring his own assistant's, and cull/recruit the players he wants to coach. There is no ifs, buts, or maybes ... The Crows need Chris Scott to take charge! Ricciuto needs to get this done.

There is no good reason for Scott to leave Geelong. He forfeited his Salary in 2020, just money won’t work.

I would be very jeen to sound out Jimmy Bartel as new head coach
Never liked Bartel as a player or commentator - sniping little tosser, however, I agree, he would make a great choice. Mainly because I feel that the first thing he would do is clean out everything, so that he cold start afresh.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back