List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

When they gave it up it wasn't valued at 25, Melbourne were expected to finish around the top few again.
we all know that but you're not being realistic at all
sure if we can get away with only giving pick 42 awesome but I doubt given how quick it was announced that that is the agreement so Id start getting your head around F2 or 25

Can’t believe people suggesting that pick 25 is an overpaid for ANB

He has had 3 extremely consistent years
Great leadership
Brings bit of toughness around the footy
Plays that Matt Wright forward / mid role extremely well
Ultimate consistency out of him qtr by qtr, week by week

It’s a fair trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
He’s 29 years old

lets see.
We didn't go chasing him, he has requested a move for compassionate reasons. Apparently would be ok to retire if a deal doesn't get done. He's clearly at the twilight of his career where at best he's a stop gap.

Why would anyone give up pick 25 in this situation. This is really poor negotiating if we did.

Ok I can see why you say well do it for 25.

We didn't go chasing him, he has requested a move for compassionate reasons. Apparently would be ok to retire if a deal doesn't get done. He's clearly at the twilight of his career where at best he's a stop gap.

Why would anyone give up pick 25 in this situation. This is really poor negotiating if we did.

he isn't retiring where did that come from? im saying it wouldn't surprise me if we gave 25 given his numbers. hes 28 - has 4 years, premiership player, and gee if it guarantees murphy doesnt play i happy to give 25 which i still believe is way too far out to get dodson anyway or could get swallowed in a welsh bid once it slides.

look at the big picture. MURPHY = LOSING

Nobody is bidding on Welsh at 22, he'll go in the 3rd round at best. We're talking about a player that has focussed on footy and being drafted for years, comes from a footy family and has flatlined badly.
I've not followed him other than bf.

Given his lower than expected form, does he have worthwhile prospects to actually be worth drafting at all? Serious open question.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something, something anchoring Harvard

Given his lower than expected form, does he have worthwhile prospects to actually be worth drafting at all? Serious open question.
He looks really good to me

Depends on whether his build can become that of an athletic 3rd tall / up and back runner rather than the lump of a lad he is now

of course he is a stop gap only and we would all prefer to give less like pick 42 but we need to be realistic that this is probably the deal or F2
You are not being realistic.

He is not a high need & wants to come home for family reasons.

We have no need to pay overs like you are suggesting.

You are not being realistic.

He is not a high need & wants to come home for family reasons.

We have no need to pay overs like you are suggesting.

Kane

He’s a quality player and leader, we are not blessed with quality players and leaders

Our inconsistency as a team mirrors our inconsistencies of our players, and ANB is ultra consistent which we need

Most importantly, this trade is not just about ANB role but also the impact it has on Izak’s role.

Playing Blmd down back, releases Maxy to be more of a weapon, now bringing in ANB releases Izak to be a genuine mid, it gives us from within the club the elite mid we need, then we add another with pick 4.

he isn't retiring where did that come from? im saying it wouldn't surprise me if we gave 25 given his numbers. hes 28 - has 4 years, premiership player, and gee if it guarantees murphy doesnt play i happy to give 25 which i still believe is way too far out to get dodson anyway or could get swallowed in a welsh bid once it slides.

look at the big picture. MURPHY = LOSING

iIRC it was on Gettable a few weeks back when Cal was not on, Riley reported he said he was open to possible retirement if a deal can’t be done so is his desire to get back home.
Reported both Melb and us on the same page that’s why imo we should not be parting with 25 or unless pre stated we get something back. Good player, want him but we hold the cards with this one.

is it really lower? hes played sanfl almost all year as a 17yo undersized key forward

when he went back to u18s he dominated. sure his carnival was a bit average but plenty to be excited about. he is already a massive upgrade on gollant. i dont share the underwhelming view of most on here.

clearly still played with injuries. no matter where he goes I think he will be a really good player so long as he applies himself

iIRC it was on Gettable a few weeks back when Cal was not on, Riley reported he said he was open to possible retirement if a deal can’t be done so is his desire to get back home.
Reported both Melb and us on the same page that’s why imo we should not be parting with 25 or unless pre stated we get something back. Good player, want him but we hold the cards with this one.
ok sounds like a veil threat but anyway

Kane

He’s a quality player and leader, we are not blessed with quality players and leaders

Our inconsistency as a team mirrors our inconsistencies of our players, and ANB is ultra consistent which we need

Most importantly, this trade is not just about ANB role but also the impact it has on Izak’s role.

Playing Blmd down back, releases Maxy to be more of a weapon, now bringing in ANB releases Izak to be a genuine mid, it gives us from within the club the elite mid we need, then we add another with pick 4.

Why would or should we be taking Max away from defence?. He is a complete natural back there and can play on the small or mid forwards and create great rebound. He is the guy aong with murray and worrall that should be anchoring our defence for the next decade.

Izak yes, if he can stay clear enough from the hamstring injuries is an absolute A grade mid. Lets see how Charlie Edwards goes this off season as he started to look like the player we hoped when we drafted him at the back end of the season as a very promising mid at SANFL level

we all know that but you're not being realistic at all
sure if we can get away with only giving pick 42 awesome but I doubt given how quick it was announced that that is the agreement so Id start getting your head around F2 or 25

Will be a bad deal if we pay that much, we shouldn't have to, we hold all the cards. No doubt he improves us, but not by a lot and not when it matters. If we're using 25 to trade in a player, they should be peaking around 2027, not about to hang up the boots.

Kane

You are missing the point.

I have said many times he will easily make our side & improve it.

However, he is not a high priority & most of his career is behind him.

So it's about paying fair value for a player who is returning for family reasons.

Btw, Max is a defender.

of course he is a stop gap only and we would all prefer to give less like pick 42 but we need to be realistic that this is probably the deal or F2

We can be realistic that our list management group are that poor that they will pay 25 for ANB, but that doesn't mean we have to sit here in agreement. We'll probably spend our future first on Lukouscious too, we're that desperate for immediate improvement we're almost certainly happy to mortgage future benefit over elevating ourselves to 10th next year.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back