List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

How many other U18's draftees played VFL/SANFL/WAFL all year?

Playing in a mostly underperforming Crows SANFL team made up most weeks of 6 - 8 ammo/country level footballers where the delivery was focused on Lachie Gollant/Toby Murray/Chris Burgess/Elliot Himmelberg when the ball actually got deep forward, Tyler played forward pocket and was basically playing the crumbing forward role.

Same with the SA U18's who were very poor and underperforming at the Nationals, again Tony Bamford and Brenton Phillips played Tyler mostly in the forward pocket with the focus on delivery to the two tall towers Charlie Nicholls and Tallan Rosenzweig.

From a draft point of view if Tyler really wanted to go high in the draft he'd have been far better served staying with WWT.

In his one game he played for WWT at U18's level in round 10 he booted 8.1 playing full forward when he was the go to man.
So he played the perfect season for us, had a look, got some development and reduced his draft value, win win win

Pedlar or literally anyone should replace Murphy.

His selection is on Nicks not the squad.
pedlar needs to be played in the midfield theres easily a spot for both. i know youre not saying there isnt.

but does anyone see anything in murphy? ive never met anyone who likes his shape, his fumbling, his lack of physical size, his low footy IQ or any other god damn thing. and most importantly the data doesnt back up what kelly and nicks say about murphy

Playing in a mostly underperforming Crows SANFL team made up most weeks of 6 - 8 ammo/country level footballers where the delivery was focused on Lachie Gollant/Toby Murray/Chris Burgess/Elliot Himmelberg when the ball actually got deep forward, Tyler played forward pocket and was basically playing the crumbing forward role.

Same with the SA U18's who were very poor and underperforming at the Nationals, again Tony Bamford and Brenton Phillips played Tyler mostly in the forward pocket with the focus on delivery to the two tall towers Charlie Nicholls and Tallan Rosenzweig.

From a draft point of view if Tyler really wanted to go high in the draft he'd have been far better served staying with WWT.

In his one game he played for WWT at U18's level in round 10 he booted 8.1 playing full forward when he was the go to man.

So you’re saying talent ID don’t understand difference but you do?

exactly which is why I dont think he's sliding far from 30 and I still wouldn't be surprised if someone crashes our party in the 20s. i am super excited he will be coming to us.

And he walked out of Melbourne at 29

Balls in our court
Is it me, or do some people have short memories. We brought Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide with 2 first round draft picks based on his exposed form. The way he played at the Crows he was worth a 3rd rounder and that is being generous. We need to learn from the past; ANB wants to come home, that is great. ANB is happy to play for the Crows, that is great. ANB has had a good career, that is great. Melbourne is understanding that ANB wants to come home, that is great. Melbourne want pick 25, tell 'em they're dreaming! Alex, we are happy to have you, and we would value your skills, experience, and leadership, but, pick 42 is it.

Last edited:
Is it me, or do some people have short memories. We brought Bryce Gibbs to Adelaide with 2 first round draft picks based on his exposed form. The way he played at the Crows he was worth a 3rd rounder and that is being generous. We need to learn from the past; ANB wants to come home, that is great. ANB is happy to play for the Crows, that is great. ANB has had a good career, that is great. Melbourne is understanding that ANB wants to come home, that is great. Melbourne want pick 25, tell 'em their dreaming! Alex, we are happy to have you, and we would value your skills, experience, and leadership, but, pick 42 is it.
Melbourne are only understanding becuase the trade had already been agreed by the time we heard about it

I'm very excited at the prospect of getting Welsh on the cheaper end.

I haven't heard much about Charlie or Tallan at all. Do you think either of them likely to get drafted?

Surprising that SA would prefer delivery going to lower-ceiling players, as opposed to one with more exposed form in Welsh. Then again, I feel the SA development pathway for U18s appears poor compared to other states - we seem to have a lot more draft sliders than bolters in their top-age years.

So you’re saying talent ID don’t understand difference but you do?
I wasn't aware any AFL club head recruiter or even a club scout had gone on the public record re Tyler Welsh's draftability?

Do you have a link?

I'm very excited at the prospect of getting Welsh on the cheaper end.

I haven't heard much about Charlie or Tallan at all. Do you think either of them likely to get drafted?

Surprising that SA would prefer delivery going to lower-ceiling players, as opposed to one with more exposed form in Welsh. Then again, I feel the SA development pathway for U18s appears poor compared to other states - we seem to have a lot more draft sliders than bolters in their top-age years.
Nicholls I would think gets drafted, Rosenzweig a possibility late/rookie.
Those really tall lads don't;get any shorter and most even grow a few cm's.

So he played the perfect season for us, had a look, got some development and reduced his draft value, win win win
Not sure that's the case with him getting frostbite in the forward pocket with little forward delivery directed at him.

thats fair. im trying to let you all down gently. you can all yell at me before it's announced then it will be a non event when it happens as you wasted your frustrations on me

No one needs to be let down gently, we know that list management are desperate for a quick fix and will potentially do that trade, probably downgrade a 2nd to 3rd next year as steak knives too. But that doesn't mean we won't still post how ridiculous the price just because someone suggested it might happen before the event.

My faith in us at the moment, given the failed season that was meant to be finals, is that we'll end up with Lukoscious, ANB & something average/speculative and we'll have paid 25, F1, F3 with Suns future 2nd and Melbourne F4 coming back. We're talking about desperate and incompetent people with insatiable thirst for anything resembling a win. Matthew Nix, Mark Ricciouto & Adam Kelly are 3 of the 4 key people making list management calls. Just think about their priorities for a second or 2.

No one needs to be let down gently, we know that list management are desperate for a quick fix and will potentially do that trade, probably downgrade a 2nd to 3rd next year as steak knives too. But that doesn't mean we won't still post how ridiculous the price just because someone suggested it might happen before the event.

My faith in us at the moment, given the failed season that was meant to be finals, is that we'll end up with Lukoscious, ANB & something average/speculative and we'll have paid 25, F1, F3 with Suns future 2nd and Melbourne F4 coming back. We're talking about desperate and incompetent people with insatiable thirst for anything resembling a win. Matthew Nix, Mark Ricciouto & Adam Kelly are 3 of the 4 key people making list management calls. Just think about their priorities for a second or 2.
cheer up. 🤣

I wasn't aware any AFL club head recruiter or even a club scout had gone on the public record re Tyler Welsh's draftability?

Do you have a link?

You posted that if he wanted to get selected early he should have stayed in the U18 system. So you're saying that if he slips, it's because he didn't. Which is exactly the same as saying that the recruiters don't understand that playing a season of SANFL makes you look less a prospect than playing a season in the U18s. They're your words, perhaps you should choose them more carefully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can’t believe people suggesting that pick 25 is an overpaid for ANB

He has had 3 extremely consistent years
Great leadership
Brings bit of toughness around the footy
Plays that Matt Wright forward / mid role extremely well
Ultimate consistency out of him qtr by qtr, week by week

It’s a fair trade

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
All of that happened in the past

Is Jake Stringer worth going after?

Just on geelong. whatever happened to james willis? i know we were pissed when we were about to select him and geelong swooped in a couple of picks before? anyone seen him play lately?
Had a series of injuries including a fairly serious back issue and also a hernia in his 1st 2 years but must have shown something getting an extra year contract.
Played his 1st decent run of games this season in the VFL and been OK. Interesting to see if he gets another deal now his body seems to be standing up

Tend to agree, and our logo will look worse than the raptor.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back