List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Reckon the only ones that have requested to specific clubs so far are ANB, Rioli, Noble, Battle and Barrass
The chart shows in green those players to have nominated Clubs ....Smith is in Green, so he must have sent out a telegram

maybe they dont rate him or maybe he's just to similar to what they have

looks like they are preparing for houston to be gone plus want small forwards (like everyone in light of hawks setup). im not convinced port will get any of those players except joe richards maybe
Its odd that, they drafted Charleston and another small forward last year, to be wanting to bring in more must say that they have little faith in the ones they drafted

The chart shows in green those players to have nominated Clubs ....Smith is in Green, so he must have sent out a telegram
So both Bolton and Baker have officially requested to go to west coast and Freo?
Will they play alternate weeks for each team? 😆

Thats true about Ottens - but he retired 13 years ago!

There's something interesting there. Maybe 12 of their last 14 first round picks have been busts - but they're a massively successful club.

GAJ, Hawkins,Scarlett,NAJ

Then thrown in Danger, Cameron who would be arguably the best 2 recruits in the last 20 years (with Buddy)

Amazing drafting in the early/mid 2000’s that kept them up the top for a decade

It’s impressive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Think about what we got from GWS for Sauce Jacobs. A 4th rounder and that is what ANB is worth. Both were up there is age and just wanted to pad the retirement money. Stop thinking about over paying for these types. Only a 4th rounder any day of the week.
Sorry, but that's a bit dumb. Sauce was washed, finished.

ANB is 28, and younger than the Bont or Petracca (pulling names at random). Sure, he's much closer to the end than the start, but he's not cooked.

You were responding to a post about the last 20 years... so Ottens very much in this time frame & key part of their flags.

They have traded a huge proportion of their 1st round picks... perhaps we should have too in hindsight.
I posted their last 14 years of first round picks. That's what I did.

Maybe a player that retired 13 years ago is relevant, but if so it's not much.

Geelong have been very successful for a long time without great early picks or a decent ruckmen. There's something other clubs can take from that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I posted their last 14 years of first round picks. That's what I did.

Maybe a player that retired 13 years ago is relevant, but if so it's not much.

Geelong have been very successful for a long time without great early picks or a decent ruckmen. There's something other clubs can take from that.
As I mentioned in my reply, they use a high proportion of their 1st round draft picks to trade in quality players.... & given our record, perhaps we should do more of this!

Nothing shit about Brad Ottens
Retired 13 years ago. Only played one year with Chris Scott as his coach - hell, he's only four years younger than Scott!

Geelong have been very successful under Chris Scott, and other than Brad Ottens last year before retiring he's never had a decent ruckman or strong early picks.

GAJ, Hawkins,Scarlett,NAJ

Then thrown in Danger, Cameron who would be arguably the best 2 recruits in the last 20 years (with Buddy)

Amazing drafting in the early/mid 2000’s that kept them up the top for a decade

It’s impressive

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Yeah, they've found a way to ride the wave of success and stock up on talent without ever bottoming out. They're an impressive club.

Would this work. If Smith goes to Geelong, I would look at trading Pk 25 to Geelong for Parfitt.
Would be better to pay out Smith imo... if he has reached his trigger clause.

Kornes. : “Adelaide should have a crack @ Chris Scott , his wife is from Adelaide isn’t she” ?

Discussion with Mitch Cleary on Scott’s coaching future.

Retired 13 years ago. Only played one year with Chris Scott as his coach - hell, he's only four years younger than Scott!

Geelong have been very successful under Chris Scott, and other than Brad Ottens last year before retiring he's never had a decent ruckman or strong early picks.
Opinions change frequently .....Scott inherited the team Bomber Thompson built, and has been criticised for always being the bridesmaid in Finals, with very good sides

Their talent identification & nurturing though is 2nd to none .....they do however keep their young players in the VFL longer than a lot of sides, so when they come in, they can play the Geel way .....Adelaide fans would hit the roof if we took the same approach

Mannagh sat in the VFL all year, along with Humphries .....both killing it in the VFL
Shannon Neal has been fleetingly played, 19 games in 4 years ....he's ready to take over as a KPF
Bruhn and Jye Clark have been managed in their development beautifully .....both very low TOG

Kornes. : “Adelaide should have a crack @ Chris Scott , his wife is from Adelaide isn’t she” ?

Wouldn't Scott more likely be the Fagan replacement at BRIS in a couple of years ?

We should absolutely, can’t see why he’d leave though.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back