List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Let's talk about Ruckmen moving forward. I disagree with quite a few posters here that we need to draft a young ruckmen in the National Draft. I believe we trade for someone ready to break through.

My vision is we re-sign ROB soon or early in 2025 as he becomes an Unrestricted Free Agent. He is rated as elite in Hit-outs and Hit-outs to advantage. I think the awkward kicking style detracts from how people rate ROB.

Strachan keep for 2025 as contracted but do not re-sign. Start now now for conversations for players we want to trade for.
My list does not include Draper from Essendon. There is room for only 1 Draper at the Crows and that is at Pick 4.

Henry Smith - Brisbane currently 3rd choice behind McInerney and Fort. While Smith played 4 games in 2024. Contracted to end of 2026. He is 21yr old about to turn 22 yr old. 206 cm and Brisbane Profile below:

"The South Australian is a ruckman in the mould of Oscar McInerney who can also trouble defences with his marking when stationed deep forward. Smith is also a very reliable shot at goal. The 18-year-old, taken with the Lions’ third pick in the 2020 NAB AFL draft (48), played Colts at SANFL club Woodville-West Torrens but has filled out rapidly over the past 12 months and at 100kgs, is now physically ready for senior football."

Nick Madden - GWS signed to 2026. A 20 yr old 204 cm 112 kg with no AFL games. Currently 4th choice behind Briggs, Preuss, Keefe and with Academy Top Ruck prospect Logan Smith for 2024 Draft to be included. He is contracted to end of 2026 and find Madden's GWS profile below:

"A rookie selection in 2022, Nick Madden is a 204cm, 112kg ruckman who is an imposing figure and a strong marking target. A GIANTS Academy product from the Riverina, Madden is developing his ruck craft with coach Shane Mumford and played consistent football throughout the VFL in season 2023 to continue to develop his game."

Kalin Lane - Brisbane he is currently injured with ACL late Jun 24. Out of contract this year. Lane is Brisbane's 4th Ruck choice behind McInerney, Fort and Smith. A 22 yr old 205 cm. Find his Brisbane Profile below:

"Another former basketballer to find his way onto the Lions’ list. Lane knocked back a US college scholarship as a teenager to focus on footy and has steadily developed since then. Hailing from south-west West Australia, he played senior country footy in his teens before heading to Perth to further his development. The 205cm ruckman was selected by the Lions in the 2021 mid-season draft after showing encouraging signs for Claremont in the WAFL. After playing two season in the Lions VFL side, Lane continues to develop his ruck craft and will be looking to take off in 2024."

2021 MSD rating by Rookie Me Central

14. Kalin Lane (Claremont)
Ruck | 5/12/01 | 204cm | 95kg

One of the many rucks taken in this draft, Lane is right at the top end of that list when it comes to rate of development. He shot into contention last year and was part the Claremont side which qualified for the WAFL Colts grand final, before continuing his rise in the Reserves this season and even earning a League berth. Averaging 14 disposals and 29 hitouts per game, Lane has improved his impact around the ground and uses his imposing frame to good effect, while boasting the obvious ruck craft trait. He may be considered a long-term option, but bolsters Brisbane’s tall stocks.

Last edited:
Kane doesn’t miss an opportunity to deflect away from Pear, the fact that he can do
it while having a little crack at Adelaide and include truth so you can’t rebuff is actually very
good. 😂
Funny you say that, I just turned it on and he was talking about port and how it’s awkward with Hinkley and Carr

Would this work. If Smith goes to Geelong, I would look at trading Pk 25 to Geelong for Parfitt.
What?
Pick 25 in a very strong and deep draft for a player that can't get a regular AFL game.

How do you feel about the rumours we might be giving it up for ANB? You surely must be fuming. I am.
I'm not fuming but I would be hopeful if we're giving up pick 25 we are getting a pick back from the Dees preferably pick 38.

Edit*
I will be fuming if pick 4 is put on the table in any way shape or form to bring in Luko. This is really almost the 1st time we've had access at a point where we can bring in a top end midfield talent in recent years.

Last edited:
I'm not fuming but I would be hopeful if we're giving up pick 25 we are getting a pick back from the Dees preferably pick 38.

Edit*
I will be fuming if pick 4 is put on the table in any way shape or form to bring in Luko. This is really almost the 1st time we've had access at a point where we can bring in a top end midfield talent in recent years.
i dont think they're that dumb to give away pick 4. F1 however is gone if luko coming to us

Emerging young Crows James Borlase, Hugh Bond, Charlie Edwards and Oscar Ryan have all extended their contracts with the Club.

Borlase, 22, has been rewarded for his consistent performances with a new two-year deal to 2026, while 19-year-olds Bond, Edwards and Ryan have signed one-year extensions.

Current list maths after re-signing Borlase and Bond

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unsigned)
Himmelberg (unsigned)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh F/S)
FREE LIST SPOT (pick 25 or other acquisition)

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Current list maths after re-signing Borlase and Bond

Senior List

OUT:
Sloane (retired)
McHenry (unsigned)
Gollant (unisgned)
Himmelberg (unisgned)

IN:
Neal-Bullen
Pick 4
Second draft pick (Welsh F/S)
FREE LIST SPOT (pick 25 or other acquisition)

Rookie List

OUT:
Parnell (unsigned)
Hamill (unsigned)

IN:
T. Murray
FREE LIST SPOT
Ok now i am convinced reid is incompetent

how can you sign borlase. seriously

"edit
surely strachan and smith delisted then

burgess also unsigned. there is zero evidence he has a contract post this year.

Reidy's got it ass about there!!

Sorry I just don't get it with Borlase, IMO at best he's AFL depth at any club in the AFL and should be on a strictly year to year basis if retained at all.

Waynus comparing how Geelong bring in young players compared to us.

Ummm, perhaps he doesn't realise Geelong make the prelims every year whilst we are a basket case.

Anyone but a troll would understand its harder to break into a consistent top 4 side rather than a bottom 4 side.

But we would "hit the roof if Adelaide did the same thing as Geelong".

FMD, why can't we ignore this tripe.

If we move one player from the senior to rookie list, we will have spots for:

Neal-Bullen, Pick 4, Cumming, Lukosius, Welsh

But nothing else
That doesn't add up. We need to make a minimum of 3 ND selections (including rookie upgrades). Pick 4 + Welsh = 2 selections.

Conclusion: We're delisting a contracted player, or we're not getting all of ANB/Cumming/Luko, or both.

burgess also unsigned. there is zero evidence he has a contract post this year.
Unfortunately, there's also zero evidence that he doesn't.

It's highly unlikely that a player is going to agree to being traded interstate, uprooting their entire life, for just a 12-month contract. These trades almost always involve a 2-year contract, at the very minimum. There's no reason to think Adelaide offered him more than 2 years, but it's unlikely (not impossible) that his contract was shorter than 2 years.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back