List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So the list spots are once again going to be very tight and possibly make it difficult to get players in.

It's going to be a very disappointing off season isn't it.
We are going to go:
IN
Pick 4 or Luko (we are absolutely stupid enough to make that trade)
ANB
Welsh

and that's it.

God I hate Reid. God I hate Roo. God I hate the shitshow at this club.

Yes I'm going full Lindy very early.
Can someone point to when Borlase let us down or even had 9 goals scored on him in total?
Hes no gun but fine as a backup.
Borlase was pretty close to our best player when Hawthorn destroyed us at the G.

Can someone please let me know how many list spots we actually have available after this morning's signings and extensions? I'm guessing EH walks and McHenry will be delisted?

Can someone please let me know how many list spots we actually have available after this morning's signings and extensions? I'm guessing EH walks and McHenry will be delisted?
At the moment... we're at net zero. Sloane out, Turray in. That's all that's been confirmed to date. Everything else remains speculation.

With Turray, Borlase & Keane all retained, we only have room to move 1 senior to the rookie list.
Wish I had that spreadsheet that was on here handy. Aren’t Hamill and Parnell both still rookies? So with Turray in and Borlase/Keane upgraded, we’d have space to drop two seniors?

Which would give us five senior vacancies if we delist McHenry, Himmelberg, and Gollant (one of which Borlase/Keane takes).

I'm not fuming but I would be hopeful if we're giving up pick 25 we are getting a pick back from the Dees preferably pick 38.

Edit*
I will be fuming if pick 4 is put on the table in any way shape or form to bring in Luko. This is really almost the 1st time we've had access at a point where we can bring in a top end midfield talent in recent years.

Can you possibly give us an indication in your view, how the talent level drops off from 1-10 in this draft? Is there like a top 4, then a gap to the next 3 (for example) etc etc ? Thanks

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

So the list spots are once again going to be very tight and possibly make it difficult to get players in.

We are going to go:
IN
ANB
Welsh

and that's it.

Borlase was pretty close to our best player when Hawthorn destroyed us at the G.

Attachments

• 93bylv.jpg
    93bylv.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 17

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Might not be the most reliable source but they get it right mostly..

Chris Burgess​

#21 Adelaide Crows
Height: 194cm Weight: 97kg Position: Forward
Supercoach Price: $239,700 Supercoach Profile
AFL Fantasy Price: $360,000 AFL Fantasy Profile
Contract Status: Out of contract at the end of 2025 AFL Player Contracts
Adelaide Advertiser article covering the contract extensions this morning states that Burgess is in limbo along with Ned, Paddy etc.

That doesn't add up. We need to make a minimum of 3 ND selections (including rookie upgrades). Pick 4 + Welsh = 2 selections.

Conclusion: We're delisting a contracted player, or we're not getting all of ANB/Cumming/Luko, or both.
You know which of those options is most likely, when did we delist a contracted player ever? So ANB is our big fish this year, no other incoming imo

Wish I had that spreadsheet that was on here handy. Aren’t Hamill and Parnell both still rookies? So with Turray in and Borlase/Keane upgraded, we’d have space to drop two seniors?
Yes... if Borlase & Keane were to be upgraded. It would also reduce the number of senior list positions available by 2. There is no evidence to suggest that either Borlase or Keane will be upgraded this year.
Which would give us five senior vacancies if we delist McHenry, Himmelberg, and Gollant (one of which Borlase/Keane takes).
If McHenry, Himmelberg & Gollant are all delisted, with Sloane retired, then that makes 4 senior list vacancies. If we upgrade Borlase or Keane, it's 3; upgrade both, and we're down to 2.

... and that's before we start bringing in players via trade & free agency (e.g. ANB/Luko/Cumming).

The maths just doesn't add up. There's pretty much no way of bringing in external players AND upgrading the rookies.

We are going to go:
IN
ANB
Welsh

and that's it.

Unless we are trading contracted players out, I fear you are right. I'd love to know what the list mgt team have seen that makes them think the list we have needs no improvement. At all
Or the signings today are evidence we tried to get players like Luko, Cumming, Rosas etc and have failed. Again. So there are no other players to get.

Why all the hate for Reid? I thought he was just the negotiator. And he's pretty good at that. Isn't he just following instructions of the list management team?
Who else do you blame for the state of the list than the list manager?

You know which of those options is most likely, when did we delist a contracted player ever? So ANB is our big fish this year, no other incoming imo
We have delisted a contracted player in the past - but it was a very long time ago. Thomas Lee was delisted after only 1 year on the list... but that was 15 years ago.

I'd say there's a high probability that Burgess will be delisted. His salary wouldn't be big enough to cause us TPP problems, and all indications are that we won't have enough list positions available if he doesn't go. Right now, his future is hanging in the balance, depending on how many trades & free agents the club is able to land.

Thinking more. I think we are getting luko. Its to do with list shape.

Three taller forward types out:
Gollant
Burgess
Himmelberg

Same "list shape" spots for Ins:
Welsh
Luko
T. Murray (mid year 2024)

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back