List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

So there’s a world where Port could land Luko, Perryman and Cumming

Are they like Carlton and Geelong in that they have endless cap space?
I think they would have cap space as dont have that many superstar players (compare to Blues for example). that said, if we lost all 3 of these to Power it wont be a happy time for anyone...at West Lakes or on here and I dont want to even contemplate that as feel its unlikely

I think they would have cap space as dont have that many superstar players (compare to Blues for example). that said, if we lost all 3 of these to Power it wont be a happy time for anyone...at West Lakes or on here and I dont want to even contemplate that as feel its unlikely
They can't have much room.

Their best players are in peak salary years, and they've been paying big to bring players there.

Their best players are in peak salary years, and they've been paying big to bring players there.
Seems like pure guess work to me?
You think BZT would be on big money to come home?
Sweet and Doldo on big money? Surely not

if the ins this year are
Luko, Cumming, ANB, Lalor, Dodson, Welsh we cannot complain too much as have covered lots of holes and will force a lot of crap kickers out of the team

mature ruck to challenge ROB is still a glaring hole. and a lightning small forward to replace rankine now in the midfield are the two obvious gaps still. there are no list spots or draft capital to address these needs for 2025.

to me the only option is
1) Thilthorpe rucks with ROB as the backup. Luko is the third tall. Who plays second ruck?
2) Rankine is only used at CBAs but then goes forward. Will that give him enough scope to impact?

if the ins this year are
Luko, Cumming, ANB, Lalor, Dodson, Welsh we cannot complain too much as have covered lots of holes and will force a lot of crap kickers out of the team

mature ruck to challenge ROB is still a glaring hole. and a lightning small forward to replace rankine now in the midfield are the two obvious gaps still. there are no list spots or draft capital to address these needs for 2025.

to me the only option is
1) Thilthorpe rucks with ROB as the backup. Luko is the third tall. Who plays second ruck?
2) Rankine is only used at CBAs but then goes forward. Will that give him enough scope to impact?
Everytime i hear Thilthorpe to be lead ruck, i just think of someone using a Ferrari as a dodgem car...why on earth would you want to trash a very valuable asset like that?

Everytime i hear Thilthorpe to be lead ruck, i just think of someone using a Ferrari as a dodgem car...why on earth would you want to trash a very valuable asset like that?
I get the Ferrari analogy but let me suggest that

IF.... TT is first ruck this year.

THEN... Our CBA and stoppage scenarios will be dramatically improved immediately. He adds so much more than just the tap out.

Reckon what happens this pre-season is we get two of Cumming, Luko, and a pick in the 20’s

What would we prefer? For me it’d be Cumming and a 20’s pick, we can address multiple needs without giving up our F1

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port have plenty of room, but not as much as us as we have oodles

Both were only of a handful of clubs not to build EB increases into player contracts like most clubs.

This is very beneficial when there has now been a huge cap increase.

You may well be right mate. Any inside word or gut feel?

The reality is Power do NEED him more as a forward (esp as we have Welsh incoming) but this comes down to Reid to do the deal. Issue is not wanting to overpay too much on Luko both $$ and draft capital

Surely we don't make long term list decisions based on a player we're likely to get between 30 and 40?

we are getting cummings dont worry about that one

luko my interpretation is
1. he doesnt want to leave and hence does not nominate anything
2. GC want him off the books but want a first round pick
3. neither SA club wants/has it to give but are ok to swallow the money
4. some vic clubs have better trade capital which suits GC but jack wont go - doesnt stop GC shopping him to melbourne clubs to pressure the SA clubs

there is no reason for him to wait for port to be out to nominate. if he was leaving port then yes but not this way around.

So if Luko has no reason to not nominate, why not Cumming too?

I get the Ferrari analogy but let me suggest that

IF.... TT is first ruck this year.

THEN... Our CBA and stoppage scenarios will be dramatically improved immediately. He adds so much more than just the tap out.

This is true. But having a 60-80 goal a season key forward is still more important.

We know we can still throw him in the ruck for 10 minutes if necessary.

Surely we don't make long term list decisions based on a player we're likely to get between 30 and 40?
sorry mate not sure I understand. Who can we get for 30-40? I assume you mean ANB not Luko

EDIT rereading previous posts I think you mean Luko? If so, I think its less than 1% chance we get him for a pick later than 30. At best a F2 (which obv is uncertain where that lands)

I feel exactly the same but reversed. Why would you waste a match winner as a key forward when they could be in the middle influencing the game for its entirety. Melbourne and Collingwood have just shown that you can win flags without key forwards, they generally average 2 goals a game max. In the modern system based game they are very easily replaced.

If he's cleared, absolutely. But it'd have to be a tight leash and not cost us anything if he breaches and is sacked.
You're not serious, the fact that teams that showed even a passing interest quickly backed out should tell you he's damaged goods from an AFL point of view.

As a league and as a club we need to be better than this.
not sure anyone touches him. already lots of negative publicity with members complaining at Essendon when Scott mentioned generic things like he could play again, get another chance etc.

In a couple of years, IF everything tones down and he has genuinely changed (which isnt overly likely IMO but some people do change esp as young men mature) then he probably will be given the all clear by the AFL to play again. Just not at this stage as too early for a repeat offender

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back