List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Should the AFC offer Taylor Walker a contract for 2025?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

He'll be back in the middle in R1 next year.

We'll hear about how he is smashing it in the possibles vs probables trial and that'll be enough to lock him in.
More likely play out like Smith, will be in the backline for half a year until Nicks "finally" see he is cooked and drop him to the SANFL for the rest of the year and then play in the SANFL in the final year of his contract.

My feelings go back and forth with Luko.
I think it's the parting with too much draft capital that doesn't sit that well with me. Any involvement of a first rounder concerns me. Who knows how bad we might be next year. Trading F1 could be a disaster with no guarantee of a top 8 or even top 12 finish next year. And if GC surge a bit, F1 for Luko and F2 might be 4 for Luko and 32 That'd be a disaster.

• Rosas as a dirt cheap option, I'm up for.
  • Cumming is a must.
  • ANB I just hope we don't overpay for either. 25 seems too much to me given the circumstances.

The absolute priority this offseason needs to be to take 4 to the draft and take one of Lalor, Langford, Draper, O'Sullivan. I'll be very disappointed if we get too cute and downgrade or use it in a Luko trade.

I think it's the parting with too much draft capital that doesn't sit that well with me. Any involvement of a first rounder concerns me. Who knows how bad we might be next year. Trading F1 could be a disaster with no guarantee of a top 8 or even top 12 finish next year. And if GC surge a bit, F1 for Luko and F2 might be 4 for Luko and 32 That'd be a disaster.

• Cumming is a must.
  • ANB I just hope we don't overpay for either. 25 seems too much to me given the circumstances.

The absolute priority this offseason needs to be to take 4 to the draft and take one of Lalor, Langford, Draper, O'Sullivan. I'll be very disappointed if we get too cute and downgrade or use it in a Luko trade.
I don't think we'll use this year's first and 1 of those kids is a certainty IMO

• Cumming is a must.

I think we all feel just as mixed.

Luko will improve our team given he would be a definite first 18, but a future first is a lot to pay, even with a second coming back.

Watching his highlights, Luko gets his goals via snaps, often when he gets a ball out the back, doesn't quite mark it but picks it up and gets forward of the defender running back and then snaps back over his head. Or just joe the goose stuff.

It's handy to have, but Ben Keays kinda does this already with his hard running, we can't just have a forward sitting back out of the play waiting for a rebound ball.

He also likes to lead up the ground if he's not so deep, I can see him playing a CHF role, leading to get the ball outside 50 then hitting up TT, Fog, Rankine, Rach or a floating down mid with high skills.

It's a bit of a risk, but on the balance I think we need to get more talent in, and pushing the future into the present is a good strategy.

• Cumming is a must.

Lalor, Langford, Draper, O'Sullivan, Smith, Smillie are all open draft. IF we are happy with any of these players, could we do something like 4 + f2 for 6 and Luko....works if GC are really keen on one of these in particular and can avoid blowing 6 on Rioli

Lalor, Langford, Draper, O'Sullivan, Smith, Smillie are all open draft. IF we are happy with any of these players, could we do something like 4 + f2 for 6 and Luko....works if GC are really keen on one of these in particular and can avoid blowing 6 on Rioli
Not interested

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Would take Lindsay or Travaglia over Smillie/Langford in that scenario, personally

We really have no excuse to not nail this pick having the luxury of choice among those names. Move down to pick 6 and we have to settle for whoever slides.
Yes but if we are happy with any of them it shouldn't matter who slides and i suppose the big plus in my musing was we keep our F1 which may be used as it currently looks (if we are to believe media reporting)

No, it's more important to get a better midfielder than Lukosius.

Remove this Banner Ad

List Mgmt. 2024 List Mismanagement and Trading

Back