Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I prefer Gerreyn's consistency. He turns up every week. Interesting to see how he goes in the WAFL.
I'd be happy with either but I guess we don't know if they plan on Goad playing that fwd/ruck Teakle role long term.
Does it make more sense to take a pure forward like Armstrong or J Whitlock vs Gerreyn or Sims? I guess we'll find out.

Duurs long trerm you hope does almost like a Stringer where he plays afew center bounces a game and drags oppenents forward.

If we keep pick 2 I wouldnt hate it if we took Armstrong. Obviously trade back if possible. I realise its a reach for him but not as much as you may think. No player in the midfielder group in this draft are screaming top 5 player on a team and we are begging for a second key forward. We are giving Pink games and trialing Will Dawson and Biggy up there.

Duurs long trerm you hope does almost like a Stringer where he plays afew center bounces a game and drags oppenents forward.

If we keep pick 2 I wouldnt hate it if we took Armstrong. Obviously trade back if possible. I realise its a reach for him but not as much as you may think. No player in the midfielder group in this draft are screaming top 5 player on a team and we are begging for a second key forward. We are giving Pink games and trialing Will Dawson and Biggy up there.
It's probably not as big a reach as you think. The last 5 or so drafts a KPF has been picked in the top 5 In saying that I'm still for FOS with our 1st

I hope he can be a craig sholl type 3rd tall

I'm expecting Saints to take a midfielder at 5 but there's some chance they go Armstrong to support Max King.
Even the Dees at pick 6 could look at a key forward so not crazy for us to take Armstrong at 2 if we think he's going to be off the board by pick 6.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trainor stocks have dropped since VFL vs academy games. I dont think his talent has dropped. Eagles a chance to look at him as well.
The ranking will change when Twomey gets more intel towards the draft on what different clubs might do.
Armstrong's rise has shuffled him back a bit that's for sure.

Question is, why hasn't young Kayle got more games with West Perth seniors who are bottom of the ladder in the WAFL - hiding him?
Not hiding him
Just his colts coach has no other rucks available
I have been watching him all year
i think he would make a amazing CHB than a forward, I know recruiters have been asking for it as well

I'd be happy with either but I guess we don't know if they plan on Goad playing that fwd/ruck Teakle role long term.
Does it make more sense to take a pure forward like Armstrong or J Whitlock vs Gerreyn or Sims? I guess we'll find out.

I think Gerreyn could play full time forward and move up the ground.

Yeah I would agree, only if they lost Battle would they consider Trainor was my point.
I'm expecting them to take a midfielder but small chance they take an Armstrong to support Max King.

I reckon their midfield issues outweigh finding a Josh Battle replacement.

Not hiding him
Just his colts coach has no other rucks available
I have been watching him all year
i think he would make a amazing CHB than a forward, I know recruiters have been asking for it as well

If they’re trying to hide him, it’s not working. Noobersnatch has every ****ing second of his career on file.

Is the swans the best? They have 3 guns by it drops away quickly.

They have 3 mids in the top 100 in the rankings.

Port have 4, Bris 4, Pies 4, Suns 4, Dogs 3, Freo 3.

The unsociable Hawks won their flags with brute force. Same as the Lions 3 peat and us in the 90's.

Funny you didn’t list the height of the “unsociable hawks” midfield. Almost like brute force isn’t determined by height? Wardlaw is brute force at 182cm.

These players have no were to hide these days The recruiters are so switched on to all the players now. They know their strengths and weakness. They might not always get it right but it's not through lack of time they put into the draftees.
Couldn't have said it better myself pup, as well as medicals, asking coaches and even team mates about their character, the combine, school coaches and so forth, there is not much left to chance these days, they are very good at what they do!

Funny you didn’t list the height of the “unsociable hawks” midfield. Almost like brute force isn’t determined by height? Wardlaw is brute force at 182cm.
We have 1 Wardlaw - they had 3.

But we need to agree to disagree. I want Langford or Smille. I’m fine with FOS but prefer the other 2.

Splitting pick 2 might work out okay.

Key defenders are much easier to get via trade, pre-season or midseason but key forward

I'm expecting Saints to take a midfielder at 5 but there's some chance they go Armstrong to support Max King.
Even the Dees at pick 6 could look at a key forward so not crazy for us to take Armstrong at 2 if we think he's going to be off the board by pick 6.
Yeah I would agree, only if they lost Battle would they consider Trainor was my point.
I'm expecting them to take a midfielder but small chance they take an Armstrong to support Max King.
Ross Lyon has starved Max King of any chance to kick goals with his awful game plan so why not ruin another highly rated junior key forward?

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back