Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Not sure we dont get pick 1. Its very possible the Dogs and Hawks thumps us by 10 plus goals each to get finals percentages and that the Tigers beat the Suns at home next week after a respectable loss to the Hawks today. Remember what the Suns did in the last round against us last year when they didnt turn up. Right now picks 1 and 2 are 50-50 unless the Tigers are desperate for pick 1 .
Richmond have a respectable loss and we get thumped?

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Not sure we dont get pick 1. Its very possible the Dogs and Hawks thumps us by 10 plus goals each to get finals percentages and that the Tigers beat the Suns at home next week after a respectable loss to the Hawks today. Remember what the Suns did in the last round against us last year when they didnt turn up. Right now picks 1 and 2 are 50-50 unless the Tigers are desperate for pick 1 .
I can guarantee you we are not desperate for it.

In other words Tigers lose to Hawks by 15-20 pts and we lose to the Hawks and Doggies both by 10 goals plus. It will come down to percentage on the ladder who finishes bottom
Why are Hawthorn thrashing us and not Richmond?

Why are Hawthorn thrashing us and not Richmond?

I reckon it’s possible if we put have now with 2 rounds to go put the Que in the rack ..
We are playing 2 teams with finals aspirations & we are have a young tired injured list ….

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

Five out of five now with another excellent SANFL performance from Sid Draper as he keeps adding to his pick 1 CV. This time around his South Adelaide team copped a bit of a pasting so we got a chance to see how he responded to the adversity, and he kept up his typical competitive intensity throughout. Just like every week we got some wow moments from Sid, spinning out of tackles and bursting clear of congestion.

Yeah highlight alone look great. Second efforts are great and so evasive and nimble on his feet. Whoever ends up with him will not be disappointed.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love him. His spread from the contest is next level. Exactly what we are lacking. Add to that his competitiveness in the contest and he is a fantastic prospect.

Average SANFL stats for comparison (although smaller sample size):

Sid Draper:
Disposals - 24.4
Tackles - 6.4
Clearances - 5.6
Goals - 0.4
Ranking points - 94.4

Jason Horne-Francis:
Disposals - 16.5
Tackles - 4.2
Clearances - 3.2
Goals - 0.8
Ranking points - 74.2

I tend to think Gerreyns position in the draft will depend on what all the boys from the Tigers do as Freo are in such a good position to pick him with their 1st round picks.
If he goes that high we're no chance, Twomey doesn't have him top 30 yet which is why i was suggesting taking him with our second. Which is early based on his order. Probably a good thing it bucketed down yday and he probably needs a couple of pre-seasons.

Sid Draper looks on another level

He’s easily had the best 6 week patch this year of anyone and it’s not close.

He looks as dominant as JHF was at SANFL level and he has equally as many physical gifts as JHF.

I won’t be devastated if Richmond take FOS at 1 now, as long as we pick Draper and not Jagga.

A LDU, Wardlaw and Draper center square would be unfair.

His SANFL form has made me do a uturn on him.

I had him pegged as a Dylan Shiel type, but he might be more Judd/Danger/Wardlaw than Shiel.

He’s my new #1 and I only still have FOS ahead of him for positional fit, but that’s pretty much close to evaporated.

I think the first 3 picking in the draft are now guaranteed 3 pretty special young mids. The consolation prizes of Smillie and Langford will be incredible for those who pick 4-6 also vs most years.

St Kilda will be in a position to completely rebuild their midfield by losing the 22nd best intercept defender in the league. Take Smillie and Langford potentially.

We should have done the same with Zurhaar. The 40th best forward.

Last edited:
If he goes that high we're no chance, Twomey doesn't have him top 30 yet which is why i was suggesting taking him with our second. Which is early based on his order. Probably a good thing it bucketed down yday and he probably needs a couple of pre-seasons.
Totally agree if we could get him with our 2nd it would be fantastic.

If you compare him to Caddy from last years draft what are the positives and negatives?
Quite literally with negatives, in my opinion there are none, they are different players though, playing in the same area of the ground , Nate looks more suited at centre half forward where Harry is your ideal full forward but in time could fill in at the other key forward post. Nate looks to use his strength and marking to contemplate his game, Harry as JGreezy pointed out is like a big cat, can move like one and his repeat efforts, has elite marking ability, has elite kicking ability, and can bring others into the game.

Nates going to be a good player for the bombers, he's not as versatile as Harry but again that's not a negative, just different. We probably have to go nitpicking here, but here goes, Nates kicking at the moment is just a little below average, Harry's is very close to elite if it isn't already, Nate's marking is very good, Harry's is elite, when they go to ground, Nate is not as quick as Harry, Harry's repeat efforts are "A grade", Nates repeat efforts are good.

In todays world where people go on about height as if its the most important thing {like I've said before, lots of people say as a key forward or key back if your below around 195cm forget it 3/4th tall, if your 195 to 200 how good, its not about height it's about their ability, potential and a few other things that come into it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back