Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I like Kayle myself. The parents could have just spelled it Cale like parents have been doing for centuries, but modern parents have to be different.
Nothing says "modern name" like the insertion of a non-essential Y

Well considering we have heaps of mid fielders then yes .
But if Teakle gets his AFL shot with us and fires and helps us get some wins and Louge comes back around round 17 or 18 and plays with well straight away and helps Coor and Comben then take Smille at 1
Our midfield isn’t that great. IF ldu leaves then we should be grabbing the best mid

Another huge game from the Lone Ranger Jagga Smith as he racked up 40 disposals to make it 90 in the last two games. We might be entering record setting territory here. At the very least Jagga is in the hottest of hot form entering his first 2024 Champs game for Vic Metro this coming weekend. He couldn't have done any more to inspire his Chargers team and drive them forward, but they still came up short and lost yet another game in a disappointing Talent League campaign.

Really excited by the prospect of getting a few talls in this draft. I can’t remember the last draft where there was 8-10 genuine talls that all have the potential to be taken before pick 40. Hopefully we at least get a couple of them. At this stage this is how I have them ranked:

1. Luke Trainor (KPD/3rd tall)
2. Harry O’Farrell (KPD)
3. Jonty Faull (KPF)
4. Matt Whitlock (KPD/KPF)
5. Jobe Shanahan (KPF)
6. Noah Mraz (KPD)
7. Jack Whitlock (KPF)
8. Kayle Gerryn (KPF/Ruck)
9. Noah Howes (KPF)
10. Zaydyn Lockwood (KPD)

In addition to that 10 you also have:
Harry Armstrong (KPF)
Zac McInnes (KPF)
Charlie West (KPF)
Gabriel Stumpf (KPF)
Tom Sims (KPF)
Tallan Rosenweig (KPF)
James Barrat (KPF)
Lucas Tovey (KPD)
Remy McLean (KPF)

How do we go about getting both Trainor and Faull?

Well that’s your opinion and your entitled to it but in saying that if people are saying Smille is in the class of a Bontempelli and with Reid been a class above can’t see North not taking him at 1.
That all could change if Louge goes down again and Teakle is a dud and no good then you would have to prey for a key position player comes to us by free agency and that doesn’t happen then pick 1 will need to be a Key position player.
So you would be prepared to give up Harry for a KPF cause that's what you would be doing giving up on either Smillie or Osullivan. Sure different players than Harry but same caliber and up side.

So you would be prepared to give up Harry for a KPF cause that's what you would be doing giving up on either Smillie or Osullivan. Sure different players than Harry but same caliber and up side.

Fair chance we're going to finish bottom again next year the way we are tracking unless something drastically changes so in that case we get the stand out South Australian midfielder next year at pick 1. Means we can have a KPP focus this year.

Fair chance we're going to finish bottom again next year the way we are tracking unless something drastically changes so in that case we get the stand out South Australian midfielder next year at pick 1. Means we can have a KPP focus this year.
Willem Duursma every chance at pick 1 next year also who would be KPP

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yep so would i Actually i would take either Smillie or Osullivan.

That's cool. we all have an opinion. For me, I would take Trainor and Faull this year to have more KPP's developing asap and then get a likely better midfielder in Sharp (vs Smillie and O'Sullivan) next year.

Another huge game from the Lone Ranger Jagga Smith as he racked up 40 disposals to make it 90 in the last two games. We might be entering record setting territory here. At the very least Jagga is in the hottest of hot form entering his first 2024 Champs game for Vic Metro this coming weekend. He couldn't have done any more to inspire his Chargers team and drive them forward, but they still came up short and lost yet another game in a disappointing Talent League campaign.

Does this make number 1 a lot more difficult than first thought, noob?

That's cool. we all have an opinion. For me, I would take Trainor and Faull this year to have more KPP's developing asap and then get a likely better midfielder in Sharp (vs Smillie and O'Sullivan) next year.
Good post mate it's nice that we all can have our own opinion and others that we are discussing it respect each others opinion.

Good post mate it's nice that we all can have our own opinion and others that we are discussing it respect each others opinion.

Only problem in my case is that I don't see how we go about getting both Trainor and Faull at this stage :think:

This year's draft feels like it's shaping up to be pretty even at the top to me.

Does this make number 1 a lot more difficult than first thought, noob?
Not for me yet. I think it would take a lot for Jag to get into the pick 1 conversation, being as slight as he is and lacking elite disposal skills. It's possible that it could happen of course.

He's got a touch of the nick daicos vibes about him.....just keeps getting the footy

How do we go about getting both Trainor and Faull?
With great difficulty! Split this years number 1/2 pick or next years future first which is a big gamble, as the top 4/5 players really look great and suited to what we need. Will and Brady would know all about next years crop don't worry about that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back