Preview 2024 National Draft Preview Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I think Adelaide wouldn’t do that deal at all…..they’re a chance to do this year’s first for our future first, but no way would they throw in this years first as well. Can’t see it.
If they want Dyson Sharp it’s their best chance. They’ll have to offer way more to secure the pick next year.

If they want Dyson Sharp it’s their best chance. They’ll have to offer way more to secure the pick next year.

But it's not completely outside the bounds of possibility that they finish below us next year, in which case, they've gifted us a 2024 top 5 pick and we still take Dyson Sharp ahead of them in 2025.

Would be a pretty ridiculously bold strategy and one I don’t think any club would bet their future on. I’d be happy to play though, depending on where their first is placed this year.
Judas has shown you can just manipulate the system and media rhetoric and all’s sweet though.

Yes Smille is looking good but unless we get the following a good CHF maybe Teakle that can kick 65M bombs take pack marks that chop out Xerri in the ruck or a Key Back to help Coor,Comben and Louge unless we get a free agency player then we need to use pick 1 on a key position player.
Smille is this years Reid would love to have him but also need key position players 1st
We drafted Dawson last year in the 1st round to help Coor, Comben and Lougue. A key forward is much more pressing than a key back.

Urquhart was WA's best on the day, his size and competitiveness was influential at stoppage and he was typically damaging with his penetrating right boot. He played 100% midfield in this game which is different to his typical role at Colts level where he rests in the forward line, and he did fade in the second half which coincided with the Allies getting on top of the territory battle.

Urquhart was WA's best on the day, his size and competitiveness was influential at stoppage and he was typically damaging with his penetrating right boot. He played 100% midfield in this game which is different to his typical role at Colts level where he rests in the forward line, and he did fade in the second half which coincided with the Allies getting on top of the territory battle.

This kids going to be better then Pendlebury..
silent film lol GIF by Charlie Chaplin

Memories of this doozy shudder

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really excited by the prospect of getting a few talls in this draft. I can’t remember the last draft where there was 8-10 genuine talls that all have the potential to be taken before pick 40. Hopefully we at least get a couple of them. At this stage this is how I have them ranked:

1. Luke Trainor (KPD/3rd tall)
2. Harry O’Farrell (KPD)
3. Jonty Faull (KPF)
4. Matt Whitlock (KPD/KPF)
5. Jobe Shanahan (KPF)
6. Noah Mraz (KPD)
7. Jack Whitlock (KPF)
8. Kayle Gerryn (KPF/Ruck)
9. Noah Howes (KPF)
10. Zaydyn Lockwood (KPD)

In addition to that 10 you also have:
Harry Armstrong (KPF)
Zac McInnes (KPF)
Charlie West (KPF)
Gabriel Stumpf (KPF)
Tom Sims (KPF)
Tallan Rosenweig (KPF)
James Barrat (KPF)
Lucas Tovey (KPD)
Remy McLean (KPF)

Really excited by the prospect of getting a few talls in this draft. I can’t remember the last draft where there was 8-10 genuine talls that all have the potential to be taken before pick 40. Hopefully we at least get a couple of them. At this stage this is how I have them ranked:

2. Harry O’Farrell (KPD)
3. Jonty Faull (KPF)
5. Jobe Shanahan (KPF)
6. Noah Mraz (KPD)
7. Jack Whitlock (KPF)
9. Noah Howes (KPF)

Harry Armstrong (KPF)
Zac McInnes (KPF)
Charlie West (KPF)
Gabriel Stumpf (KPF)
Tom Sims (KPF)
Tallan Rosenweig (KPF)
James Barrat (KPF)
Lucas Tovey (KPD)
Remy McLean (KPF)

Could be wrong but thought North were keeping an eye on Mraz. Wasn’t that keen on his skill level. O’Farrell looked more mobile and Faull looked more of a contested mark. Yeah really need to grab a couple this year. Normally don’t like trading future picks But is some if a future 2nd helped push up to grab an another tall. Might be worth it.

All I know is, we're desperate for an amazing small forward.
Either through the trade period or national draft this year.

Every fan base has their moments. I bet if you dug up some old threads on Damien Cupido from the bomber forums you'd get some amazingly awful takes.
Cupido is a natural sportsmen who could’ve been anything, had his pick of cricket, rugby or afl. Goes to show the dedication required even back then. Afl footy is a tough gig.

2. Harry O’Farrell (KPD)
3. Jonty Faull (KPF)
5. Jobe Shanahan (KPF)
6. Noah Mraz (KPD)
7. Jack Whitlock (KPF)
9. Noah Howes (KPF)

Harry Armstrong (KPF)