Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 5 2.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Are you ok with effectively losing our options on Berry and Travaglia, Walshy?
I'm heartbroken but I'm a cheap sell for a top 5 pick.

I will without a doubt be back to complaining about our woeful small forwards next year though, hoping Moir, Durdin and Motlop all have massive pre seasons and can bridge that gap

I know it’s a throw away, but when Lawlor says FOS is the most talented/best player in the draft I actually give that some weight.
The kids know who’s who & what’s what
He's the ultimate unknown.

I'll just say Austin has form selecting Moir last year in terms of injured star who under delivered in his 18s year.
FOS is also notably a close friend of a certain H.Reid

Walker
Walsh
Reid
FOS
Cerra

I could get behind missing Draper or Lalor if it delivered us Harley in a few years time like Ollie got us Elijah 😂

He's the ultimate unknown.

I'll just say Austin has form selecting Moir last year in terms of injured star who under delivered in his 18s year.
FOS is also notably a close friend of a certain H.Reid

Walker
Walsh
Reid
FOS
Cerra

I could get behind missing Draper or Lalor if it delivered us Harley in a few years time like Ollie got us Elijah 😂
Reading up on FOS injuries I’m not concerned with them, finger & thumb, he’ll be right.
Interview is good listening - link below

After watching the FOS highlights, damn - the kid is smart, watches/reads the play & impacts at the right time.
Speed & disposal look spot on.
Pretty much a walk up point of difference in our mids.
Will caveat it that haven’t watched much top pick vision for everyone else

"Finn O'Sullivan has the runs on the board"

The board.

I get that he's Walsh's cousin, but blah, hasn't stepped up from his 2023 performances and lacks top end speed.

Feel like we'd be happier with Hotton and Hynes, unless it's set in stone that Kako will see a top 10 bid and then that club will take Hotton.

Can anyone point me in the direction of the pre-injury/taking it easy FOS highlights?
I'm worried we're drafting lukocious lite.
He's not Lukosious lite, he's genuinely tough... I'm just not sure he has the talent some make him out to have. Lukosious could be one of the best players in the game but he comes across as lazy and soft so continues to be a meh player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not Lukosious lite, he's genuinely tough... I'm just not sure he has the talent some make him out to have. Lukosious could be one of the best players in the game but he comes across as lazy and soft so continues to be a meh player
Appreciate the insights Walshy. I'll back in whoever we draft, but I'd like to understand why he's being considered with arguments I've read suggesting recent form isn't the scope he projects that would see him be highly regarded.

Regarding FOS, he was looking like THAT player last year ahead of Jagga but he really hasn’t shown a lot of ball winning or gut running ability since he came back this year. The clean ball handling and marking as well as athleticism was still there but not so much the ability or indication that he could dominate a game in the midfield.

It was a thumb injury. Compare this to comments from someone like Ollie Hollands about the covid years where he contacted AFL clubs about their running programs and came back a gut running machine. That’s what you want to see from someone in their time off.

I see a player very similar to Elijah Hollands. Another good player with good skills and athleticism but who possibly is better off receiving the ball just outside of the contest rather than putting in Cripps type performances. I saw that in his VFL game for Richmond too. Low possession count but did some very nice things at half forward and kicked a couple of goals. Jagga got 31 touches in his first VFL game.

Is he in the mix for pick 3? For me, only if Smith and Lalor are gone already.

mad men smoking GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back