Votes: 10 4.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 19 7.8%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Every team has standards a player must adhere to. If Voss' are being highly competitive and thriving at the contests I think your doubts are seriously misplaced.

Voss may not have the tactical genius some would like, but he has without a doubt improved our club dramatically after the Bolton and League disasters.
He’s had a fit Curnow, McGovern and a mature Walsh and Cerra. Really can’t see much difference. Perhaps are slightly harder edge at the contest. Look how far that gets you though.

Entirely possible. He's played quite a bit of forward time through his juniors
Only guessing but I think Lalor goes to the Tigers because they will be looking for explosiveness because they have Taranto and Hopper to accumulate. Then FOS goes to North unless they trade down because they need a point of difference from LDU, Sheezel and Wardlaw.

That leaves Smith and Draper available. We're happy with either and get an extra future 2nd from the Crows to drop a spot and take Smith.

Perfect world scenario. Or maybe that was just a dream.

He’s had a fit Curnow, McGovern and a mature Walsh and Cerra. Really can’t see much difference. Perhaps are slightly harder edge at the contest. Look how far that gets you though.
Sure does, but the club was a complete circus on and off field. If you can't concede that then theres no point in having the discussion.

I think Draper is the safe choice. Already match ready, great fitness. Sometimes the safe choice is the best choice like in this scenario.
Absolutely, ticks every box. Go with the eyes and the numbers and not the hearsay.
He put up those numbers and performances while injured. Others didn't, imagine what Draper could do fully fit.
One produces substance the other mostly hype.

Absolutely, ticks every box. Go with the eyes and the numbers and not the hearsay.
He put up those numbers and performances while injured. Others didn't, imagine what Draper could do fully fit.
One produces substance the other mostly hype.

Yeah. At least one of Lalor or Draper will be available at Pick 3. Whoever it is would be the best choice in my opinion.

I think Draper is the safe choice. Already match ready, great fitness. Sometimes the safe choice is the best choice like in this scenario.
Have you watched hours of Draper footage or highlights? His disposal by foot is pretty poor outside of dinky short passes. Fumbles more than the other top 5 mids. Not great overhead. I’d say he’s drastically overrated on the Carlton board because he’s lightning quick.

I like players that have already proven they can play against men. If you can dominate against men at reserve level at 17 no reason why you can't step up to afl.

Jager and Draper have both done this. Even both Campos had no problem racking up touches against a vfl team.

Everytime FOS has played against men (academy plus vfl for richmond) he has got low teens possessions and had pretty low impact.

Last edited:
I like players that have already proven they can play against men If you can dominate against men at reserve level at 17 no reason why you can't step up to afl.

Jager and Fraper have both done this. Even both Campos had no problem racking up touches against a vfl team.

Everytime FOS has played against men (academy plus vfl for richmond) he has got low teens possessions and had pretty low impact.
He’s a low possession player. I’d disagree with low impact though. Kicked two in one of the matches and set up others.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We potentially go into another draft situation not addressing a KPD once again, and a classy modern small/medium forward with speed…

Decent trade effort obtaining pick3 gives us the chance to pickup a potentially great midfielder, i would have been happy if we stayed with what we had in 12 & 14 with possibly the chance to maybe split 14, but not complaining…

38 probably about right for Kennedy considering the limited picks available, Austin no doubt has a few moves in deals with multiple clubs which can be organised before or during the draft, hoping it can land another selection around the same mark for a player they rate…

Well done Nick…

We potentially go into another draft situation not addressing a KPD once again, and a classy modern small/medium forward with speed…

Decent trade effort obtaining pick3 gives us the chance to pickup a potentially great midfielder, i would have been happy if we stayed with what we had in 12 & 14 with possibly the chance to maybe split 14, but not complaining…

38 probably about right for Kennedy considering the limited picks available, Austin no doubt has a few moves in deals with multiple clubs which can be organised before or during the draft, hoping it can land another selection around the same mark for a player they rate…

Well done Nick…
I just don't think it was possible with the market we were working with.

Next year once we get TDK signed up we should be turning our eyes to filling these last 2 holes knowing Cody is coming the year after as a generational talent and supercharging our midfield for the years after.

That said, we'll be playing with the first iteration of the 2nd year future trading market and theres not a tonne on offer in terms of OOC KPDs and Small Fwds.

Draper's disposal worries me, and I think we need some class users. On the other hand his burst and attack on the footy looks Danger-esque.

Like others here, the clips of FOS haven't done it for me. Looks a good prospect, but not the point of difference that we need. But there's obviously a reason why he's rated the top kid by many.

Jagga is my preference at this point. Agile and classy. Not the Draper burst speed, but would add some much needed nip to our mix.

Haven't made up my mind in Lalor yet.

So, our picks are 3, 38 and 3 x 60's?
Would have liked a couple in the low 30's, but hopefully we have enough for Campo twins.
I would be surprised if a certain ex Carlton player doesn't place an early bid on the Campo's.

I think we're obviously hoping that FOS is available at 3 given that we have no picks for either Berry or Hotton.

DGB seems a certainty now as well due to our lack of mid range picks.
Who knows though, could be determined to prove himself.

Sad at our departures. Loved the attitude shown by them.
Glad that Kemp stayed.

It's a good draft to hold 38 (36).... I think we might get something to work with here
Zak Johnson please

prayer GIF

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back