• Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 29 9.7%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

My top 3 most desired at pick #3 for us, based on our needs are:
-LALOR: I think he is potentially the next Petracca, hits the scoreboard, has an excellent mark over head, burst type player, loves to tackle. Naturally attacking in nature in a Dusty, Petracca guise. Would love to know his 20m sprint time as he didnt enter the combine (thats my only question I would have is sprint speed accuracy). By eye he looks fast in break away speed at Coates level (similar to Petracca, has burst speed but does he have 100m speed?)
-FOS: Has the most upside and x factor. Doesn't need huge high possession games to impact and will learn how to accumulate solely by spending time on the ball with Walsh, Cripps etc. Has a Heeney type set of hands above head, ran a sub 3 sec 20m sprint (Elite Speed) and was top 5 agility. Needs to build some size to compete at AFL level but has all the toys in the bag.
-JAGGA: Daicos mk2, moves just like him. Has a natural ability to rack up possessions and finds the ball at will. Great vision and nous around packs. Has natural elite skills. Size doesn't seem to hinder his performance's.
FOS for me thanks, as he seems to have more "difference" to the others with a greater mixture of things he does well, whereas Lalor looks like he could end up playing where Dusty played the majority of his career........between mid & forward. Nothing wrong with that of course but I would think we are really after/need a pure midfielder who gets the ball out of the centre constantly, and his evasiveness looks top shelf!!! Lalor is already a man-child and will crash through packs like Martin, Petracca and DeGoey, but FOS has a lot of athletic qualities already and looks suited to being a running mid for his future club forever.....Just hope it`s with us that`s all?!!

Last edited:
Do we need a centre square mid? Cripps, Walsh, Hewett, Cerra, Carroll, Lord and Hollands are plenty already (hence Kennedy leaving). A high half forward with a great step in traffic and an excellent leap who can rotate through the middle- we don’t have many of thosr
I think they're looking for Craig Bradley type who we don't have...even a mature Scott Camporeale at his prime would be ideal ... Both had Breakaway pace and penetrating long kicking with the desire to run and take on the tackler...& kick goals

I wonder if Austin / Crows or Tigs would do either of these pick swaps.

Give 3 and get 4 and future second from Crows. Allows them to secure SA product Draper.

Give 3 and get 10 & 11 from Tigs.

I’d probably do both deals should they be an option, would present a win win situation in both potential pick swaps.

Give 3 and get 4 and future second from Crows. Allows them to secure SA product Draper.

I’d probably do both deals should they be an option, would present a win win situation in both potential pick swaps.

Why would we go back to 10 and 11 if we traded up from those similar picks.

And why would we give crows the best kid in the draft?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crows don’t have a 2024 second or third rounder (pick 4 & 64) and no F2 either.

So literally the only deal possible we could do with Crows is package up pick 3 with our F2, in return we receive Crows pick 4 and their F1.

Big price for Crows to pay to slide up one pick, but they just may be willing to do that if they want Draper and fear we will take him.

Crows don’t have a 2024 second or third rounder (pick 4 & 64) and no F2 either.

So literally the only deal possible we could do with Crows is package up pick 3 with our F2, in return we receive Crows pick 4 and their F1.

Big price for Crows to pay to slide up one pick, but they just may be willing to do that if they want Draper and fear we will take him.
We do have options, its all very intriguing

What else do you want to take off the WCE’s..?
jennifer lawrence everything GIF

To change tact... Who are we wanting at our 2nd pick if we can avoid a Ben bid rendering it useless? I imagine we'll look to boost that up to a pick around 30 rather than 38.

Some quality KPD options and flankers in that range.
My guess is we are wanting to keep it all in the family. FOS (Walsh), Harry O’Farrell, and the Campo boys.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Makes no sense to do that

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

This kid will be the next big thing and we should definitely consider him.

To change tact... Who are we wanting at our 2nd pick if we can avoid a Ben bid rendering it useless? I imagine we'll look to boost that up to a pick around 30 rather than 38.

Some quality KPD options and flankers in that range.

Being such an even draft, someone will "slide". There's always a couple of players that everyone outside clubland thinks is rated around Pick 20 who ends up getting overlooked til somewhere in the 40s.

I'd love it to be Hannaford, but I think pressure smalls are so in vogue at the moment that it's unlikely.

Best guess is someone like Moraes or even one of the Whitlocks could still be on the board at our pick, and we might bite the bullet. If O'Farrell is still available I can't see how we don't take him - position of need and the club love a good marketing story.

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

Smith looks a great prospect and from what Twomey is saying regarding picks 1 & 2, would have to be a good chance for us

Would he mind not holding on to 9? Some other guy for us has that at the moment… 😂

**** he’s good 😍

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back