Votes: 20 6.6%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 32 10.5%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

To change tact... Who are we wanting at our 2nd pick if we can avoid a Ben bid rendering it useless? I imagine we'll look to boost that up to a pick around 30 rather than 38.

Some quality KPD options and flankers in that range.

Not a defender but I’m on board the Gerreyn train. Would be a nice complement to TDK.

I’d be surprised if Lemmey was able to take on any ruck duties to provide relief which I think is an important role for a tall key forward. They could train him up to take over Young’s role in defence instead.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Reid is reminiscent of Andrew McGrath to me. Think he'll be a decent and fairly consistent player, but not one that makes a significant difference to the fortunes of whichever club takes him.

If we'd only been able to get as high as Pick 9 or 10, I'd have been OK with us taking him given his disposal skills, but up at 3 we need to be targetting someone who changes the dynamic of our midfield.
I couldn’t pick a worse comparison lol. McGrath was an athletic track star with questionable disposal lol. Reid is the exact opposite.

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

This kid will be the next big thing and we should definitely consider him.

Obviously a great talent. But would he make it to #3 is the question.

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

Quick!!! , looks the goods 💪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No idea who we will pick. The best players IMO is Lombard, Langford and Smith.

Suns will get an absolute weapon with Lombard who is that modern day mid/ fwd with high production and impact.

Langford is hugely underrated due to perceived lack of speed. I think his strength, height, movement and kicking more than make up for that. I see him to have some Luke Hodge and Bont traits. We will overlook but would not be disappointed if we called his name

Jagga Smith has the runs on the board. His numbers at all levels are insane. Will translate to AFL level. I think he will
Be available at our pick so will be interesting decision

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

I dont know enough but it certainly feels like we will get a very very good player

In the meantime, I’ve been enjoying telling all my crow supporting mates how excited Draper would be coming to us because he won’t cop the number 1 (or 2) tag. And he gets to rove TDK, play along side Cripps and Walsh, and kick it to Charlie or Harry.

Compared to the crows where he’ll get the number 1 tag and get to kick it to Ben Keays and then be told by Ruciutto via the media that he wasn’t that important and the crows won’t notice his departure after he requests a trade from the crows

I would take Jagga 1 if I was Richmond. Accumulation, clearance, good kick, agility and evasion, good speed.

Personally I think Draper is a bit more explosive and slightly bigger frame with disposal that is not as good but can be worked on.

But I Jagga is one I would not be upset with if we walked away with him.

I’ve changed my mind as often as I change shirts, but I’m starting to settle on Smith. I wonder if it’s actually Smith that we’ve been eyeing off all along.

I wouldn’t want to be in Austin’s shoes!

Seems a no brainer. Agility of Butters, composure of Nick. Dominated at every level he's played. What's not to like?

To change tact... Who are we wanting at our 2nd pick if we can avoid a Ben bid rendering it useless? I imagine we'll look to boost that up to a pick around 30 rather than 38.

Some quality KPD options and flankers in that range.
I would be thinking the Lions, as their pick 27 will be swallowed by bids on Levi Ashcroft & the Marshall kid as they are supposed to need more points, but would 38 and one of our later picks be enough to swing it? I am not into checking out the worth of picks so maybe it`s way off, but at least we have four late picks and could go into deficit if we had to I guess. I don`t really know how many points we need for the Campo twins, but it sure would be great to escape the nasty clutches of one very bitter Italian at pick 32 even though someone else could bid on Ben still......Also that pick 28 held by * will get devoured as well, but they might already have enough points stored up........would not like doing business with them too much even if Dodo is not their list manager anymore!!! I just hope Austin can weave more of his magic with Brisbane for that pick, or in plain terms just p*ss in their pocket big time........!!! :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back