Votes: 20 6.5%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 37 12.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

This kid will be the next big thing and we should definitely consider him.

Yes please…. Unfortunately won’t be there at 3 I suspect

O’Farrelly Bro will be gone by then (?)
The last thing I would call myself is a draft expert. And I know draft rankings are different to phantom drafts. But O’Farrell doesn’t appear in the top 30 of either the most recent Twomey or ESPN drafts. Of course, he may come in based on various club needs. But he’s also had injury, which makes him a risk at higher up picks.

If various posters are right that 38 effectively becomes 34 due to NGA, father-son, etc., then I think O’Farrell sounds a reasonable chance to be there around our pick. And Austin has been clear on a KPD.

Given all the debate over Pick 38 and the risk of it being absorbed by a bid on B. Campo, I have tried to work out how far that pick will come in draft night due to father-son and Acadamy selections. I know Brisbane have Ashcroft and Essendon have an Acadamy kid. They have two picks each ahead of us so their use of picks to match likely bids first round bids will bring us in to Pick 36.

Anyone else got Acadamy or father-son prospects that are fancied for the first round or early second round that would result in more picks being chewed up ahead of ours?

I couldn’t pick a worse comparison lol. McGrath was an athletic track star with questionable disposal lol. Reid is the exact opposite.

Sorry, thought I was clear but evidently a bit vague. I don't think they're similar players as such, but in the same way McGrath was highly rated but has peaked as nothing more than a consistently OK player, I think Reid will be similar. For a pick right at the top of the draft, I think you want a midfielder who has the ability to dominate games, and I don't see that with Reid.

Like McGrath, I could see him ending up as an alright half back flanker.

Been sitting a bit on the fence with this. Like a kid in a lolly shop. Which one?
Jagga.
There's power speed and then there's quick speed.
We need quick speed. He's got what we need IMHO.

On SM-G980F using BigFooty.com mobile app
His decision making is sublime.
Hits targets with his handballs and is creative whilst doing so.

Jagga is what we need.

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Anyone that hasn’t looked at Jagga Smiths Champs highlights, I urge you to take 4 minutes out of your day and watch the whole video for some decent viewing.

Kid reminds me of Nick Daicos. Demands the football, is evasive and continually runs to create for his team mates.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometime, you just might find.....

On CPH2135 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Given all the debate over Pick 38 and the risk of it being absorbed by a bid on B. Campo, I have tried to work out how far that pick will come in draft night due to father-son and Acadamy selections. I know Brisbane have Ashcroft and Essendon have an Acadamy kid. They have two picks each ahead of us so their use of picks to match likely bids first round bids will bring us in to Pick 36.

Anyone else got Acadamy or father-son prospects that are fancied for the first round or early second round that would result in more picks being chewed up ahead of ours?
We stay at 38. Others have done the sums

Wow, he’s a sneaky little bastard & his disposal is first rate, could be absolute lightning with a few preseasons in him.
As long as he has a great tank now & is hard as a cats head I’m sold 👍

He’s going to cop an absolute hiding if/when they ever catch him, so I would want to here that he’s tough as nails and loves it

The most appealing thing with Jagga is his speed of thought.

He's not an elite kick as such, I'd call him a neat/tidy kick. He's not making a 40m kick and putting the ball on the tit of a lone teammate surrounded by 4 opponents. But he'll spot the 25m option on the 45 degree angle with a little bit of space and hit them up without a second thought. And he's the same going inside 50.

How often do you see our players treading water 60m from goal, looking absolutely non-committal, ignoring 3 separate short leads...only to dump the ball to the pack in the goalsquare, or handball backwards to a teammate to make it their problem.

You don't get that with Smith. When he sees that first short lead he puts the ball in front of them straight away. He's got a wonderful ability to assess space, identify whether an opponent is close enough to impact, and then execute.

Wow, he’s a sneaky little bastard & his disposal is first rate, could be absolute lightning with a few preseasons in him.
As long as he has a great tank now & is hard as a cats head I’m sold 👍

He’s going to cop an absolute hiding if/when they ever catch him, so I would want to here that he’s tough as nails and loves it
I also think the great thing about one of the mids we select and especially Jagga, coming to us there won’t be pressure to do it all on his own like he would if he went to Richmond or North, having the support of Crippa, Walsh, Hewett, Cez will help their development and I really feel they can have a big impact next season

Seeing some comparing Lalor to mid/forward premiums like Trac and Martin but I just don't see it. If you watch their highlights from their draft year, the latter two, particularly Trac, already had way more agility and midfield nous than Lalor. If anything Lalor projects as a kind of general forward version of Tom Papley.

I think I’m sold on Jagga.

This kid has got some moves.

IMG_4362.gif

Failing that, Draper, FOS, or Lalor all looking like they have ‘it’.

But, yeah, Jagga if he’s there at 3.

Sorry, thought I was clear but evidently a bit vague. I don't think they're similar players as such, but in the same way McGrath was highly rated but has peaked as nothing more than a consistently OK player, I think Reid will be similar. For a pick right at the top of the draft, I think you want a midfielder who has the ability to dominate games, and I don't see that with Reid.

Like McGrath, I could see him ending up as an alright half back flanker.
From limited viewing, Reid looks a bit Parish-y to me. I'm sure he'll be a good footballer but doesn't look overly damaging.

Remove this Banner Ad

Analysis 2024 National Draft

Back